collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from Vix~  (Read 515 times)

Offline Vixenfur

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Take a Step and Fall into the Glitter
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Hello from Vix~
« on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »
Hello, fellow pony fans! The name's Capri, but I go by Vixenfur on most every website imaginable. I'm 15 years old and grew up with generation 3, but I fell in love with the original shows from the 80's and the 90's. Mainly My Little Pony n' Friends, but Tales was a fun show as well.
As a kid, I would travel the U.S. with my very amazing grandparents, who loved spoiling me and would willingly drive me around just for ponies. And, of course, they let me buy millions of gorgeous and expensive customs- they are the pride and glory of my ponies~
The first convention I went to was the My Little Pony Fair 2007 in Memphis, Tennessee, and I went all over for the convention years afterwords- from Providence, Rhode Island to Las Vegas, Nevada- and eventually lost the time to do so once the convention hit Kentucky again in 2010. It was around that time I discovered anime and cosplay, and since then I have attended WAY too many anime conventions in the Chicago-land area. I am an avid cosplay of many things, from book characters to anime characters to movie characters.
Though, one thing I noticed was the quickly rising popularity of the generation 4 ponies. People were cosplaying Applejack, who was my favorite as a kid. I was so very confused, so I checked out the show and was like, 'wow! This is cute. But Rarity turned into a Rainbow Dash/Sparkler lovechild, Rainbow Dash became Firefly with rainbows, Twilight just looks different, Fluttershy can fly, and Pinkie Pie... what the hell?' I was glad that Applejack and Spike returned, though, I was very amused by this. I looked into their concept art and history and was very excited when I saw Laura Faust's concept art of Applejack, Sparkler (as I had guessed!), Rosey, Twilight, Surprise and most of all, Firefly!
Ever since then I have respected the fans that draw modernized versions of the originals, but I really don't like the bronies that hate on the classics. If you're one of them, then please, do not voice out that opinion. It would hurt my feelings and probably many others on this site. :)

Anyways, if you'd like to look at my profiles on my other sites, feel free to check out my deviantART (vixenfurr.deviantart.com), or my tumblr (vixenfur.tumblr.com). If you also like anime, let's see what we have in common!

As a kid I always wanted to be part of this website, but I was a good girl and listened to the 'no members under 14' rule. So now that I'm over 14, here I am :D

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Vix~
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena, Vix :wave:

Actually, you could have joined the Arena a year ago when you were 14 and one day!  We really appreciate you being so conscientious though and are really happy to have you here now :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Vixenfur

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 10:43:52 AM »

Actually, you could have joined the Arena a year ago when you were 14 and one day!  We really appreciate you being so conscientious though and are really happy to have you here now :)

I figured as much, but I guess at the time I was too into anime and other things to think about the arena! Though, now that I've settled down a bit, I have space in my free time for this site ^^

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Welcome, I love seeing younger members who appreciate the other generations.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena.  So what ponies did you grow up with as your favorites?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »

I figured as much, but I guess at the time I was too into anime and other things to think about the arena! Though, now that I've settled down a bit, I have space in my free time for this site ^^

Lol, that's cool. I know how easy it is to get distracted with other interests and collections.  I bet you go mad on ponies now that you are here though :)

Offline Vixenfur

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena.  So what ponies did you grow up with as your favorites?

I'd have to say I was extremely attached to the flutter ponies. Queen Rosedust captured me! I thought she was awesome. I also liked Paradise, Surprise, and Medley. I also always loved Applejack, so that's what drew me towards the new generation simply because they brought a favorite back. Though, from G3, my favorites had to be Sunny Daze and Sparkleworks. I'm a bit sad they aren't in the new series.

Post Merge: June 09, 2013, 01:33:24 PM

Lol, that's cool. I know how easy it is to get distracted with other interests and collections.  I bet you go mad on ponies now that you are here though :)

I am!  :biggrin:

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
Awwwww so nice to meet you!! I grew up in the 80s so I always love the classics. I'm so glad to run into other people who do too!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
I am glad to finally have you with us! I think it is so cool that you're young but FIM wasn't the first to make you a pony fan :)

Is your name from the fact that vixens have fur, or are you a fur yourself?

Welcome to the Arena!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Vixenfur

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »
I am glad to finally have you with us! I think it is so cool that you're young but FIM wasn't the first to make you a pony fan :)

Is your name from the fact that vixens have fur, or are you a fur yourself?

Welcome to the Arena!

Actually neither! Though nothing against furries, I actually am close friends with some and they are very sweet. Anyways, Vixenfur is a name of an original character I made back in 2007 when I began reading the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. It's about wild clans of cats who live in the forest. In each clan, the cats have ranks of status- upon birth their mothers give them one prefix name, such as 'Lion' or 'Holly.' As they move up in status through the clan, the suffix part of their name changes. To make this less confusing, here's how Vixenfur would move up in rank-

Birth: Vixenkit
Apprentice in training: Vixenpaw
Skilled Warrior: Vixen ___ (whatever the leader chooses; in her case, Vixenfur).
Leader: Vixenstar

So, as a kid, I made a cat character and had her become a warrior, simply because Vixenstar sounded too strange for me.
I hope that makes some sense! :]

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
 :green: :glitter: !!Welcome to the Arena!! :glitter: :green:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
Hi and welcome to Arena :fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal