collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13551 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
It says the box lights up.

Unfortunately it likely is the Fair Pony :( the price matches and Hasbro did say last year that it would be the same pony for the two events from now on.

I don't like that.  The fair pony is supposed to be special and unique.  Having it the same pony as the comic con pony is not special.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
-DJ Pon3  (She just isn't a favorite of mine and I don't like that you never see her eyes)
That's not true; they're visible in A Canterlot Wedding Part 2.

Anyway, I'm with most of you. Funko's going to release a figure of her that'll presumably look pretty much identical, but without the silly glitter and perforated sunglasses and stuff, and for much cheaper. This is barely a character at all; she's never even had a speaking part. The pose is dull and it doesn't feel very My Little Ponyish.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
I LOVE IT! =D I wasnt expecting this at all, she isnt brushable?! Oh well LOL. At first glance she looked like a Funko Pony! Is there a way to preorder this right now!? I NEED IT! Wow Im glad that their exclusive is something we havnt seen before, those Pinkies threw us off!

I would also like to know this, since I know some of the preorders have already happened. I there a site I can check for this?

Hasbro does not have an online pre order system like Mattel and some other suppliers.

Pre orders tend to be people who make listings on ebay and then attempt to fulfil the orders they have taken.

Thank you, found some with 100% feedback! =D

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »
What did you people expect?

A lot more for $50.
That's kinda how I feel about her. Like,if she had more crystals on her (like on her cutie mark, a "bling'd out" crystal glasses, horn, and hair), then I could understand it more.

Shoot, I'd be fine if she herself actually (mostly-to-full body) lit up like those LED shirts (to where if you hooked up your MP3 player to her, she'd light up in the beat of the song that's playing). That, I could see being like $40 to $50 for an exclusive.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »
Wow, a non-brushable? It's still kinda neat but I dunno...the hair is like, half the reason MLP is so great. :/

As a kid the cheapest toys were always the ones who had molded hair.  Like McDonald ponies and Barbies.  I know there are now lots of cool, detailed, and often expensive collectibles with molded hair, but I still can't help feeling as if it is a cheap version of the real thing. 

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 01:39:15 PM

There is a whole thread on what we expected!  Unless you are saying we should have known to be disappointed and should have known they wouldn't acknowledge their own anniversary?  Sounds like you have no faith in Hasbro.  Is that what you mean?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:47:44 PM by Marigold »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »
I know it's too much to hope, but maybe the Fair pony will still be different. *would totally shell out for a set of anniversary all-gen ponies*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
Sometimes my friend Firefly and I would get Comic Con ponies if we liked them but I can say (even if I had money) I wouldn't be getting this one.  Do the crystals make it worth $50 from Hasbro's perspective.  I really hope the funko vinyls won't be the future of MLP fairs.  I prefer brushables.  Give the funko vinyls to comic con for the brony's and leave the brushables for us fans.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »
I agree, brushable hair is half the fun of MLP! But I guess this plastic hair ensures show accuracy and prevents pony baldness. XD

...Glad I have no reason to want an exclusive pony this year.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »
Shoot, I'd be fine if she herself actually (mostly-to-full body) lit up like those LED shirts (to where if you hooked up your MP3 player to her, she'd light up in the beat of the song that's playing). That, I could see being like $40 to $50 for an exclusive.
I would pay out the nose for something like that! I have a lot of pony trance remixes that would make good use of that kind of cool feature. And it would give Vinyl some kind of character or quirk.

Duster reference]

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »
Wow, a non-brushable? It's still kinda neat but I dunno...the hair is like, half the reason MLP is so great. :/

As a kid the cheapest toys were always the ones who had molded hair.  Like McDonald ponies and Barbies.  I know there are now lots of cool, detailed, and often expensive collectibles with molded hair, but I still can't help feeling as if it is a cheap version of the real thing. 

There is a whole thread on what we expected!  Unless you are saying we should have known to be disappointed and should have known they wouldn't acknowledge their own anniversary?  Sounds like you have no faith in Hasbro.  Is that what you mean?
Uhh, I meant that Hasbro has not acknowledged an anniversary at all this year and i feel like assuming they would is a bit silly and too hopeful that they'd just suddenly remember. Besides, I'd assume IF they acknowlede it, it'd not be an exclusive like this. :/
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »
Uhh, I meant that Hasbro has not acknowledged an anniversary at all this year and i feel like assuming they would is a bit silly and too hopeful that they'd just suddenly remember. Besides, I'd assume IF they acknowlede it, it'd not be an exclusive like this. :/

I wasn't quite sure what you were saying. 

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »
It looks like a Funko pony.
I don't think this will be the Fair exclusive >.o

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

Well Hasbro made darn sure to remember OTHER toys (and lets just say the primary fanbase of these toys are men, lets call it like we see it)

Hasbro seeks input for 30th anniversary of Transformers
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/04/hasbro_seeks_fan_votes_to_design_30th_anniversary.php

Hasbro 30th anniversary Star Wars figure
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Anniversary-Collectible-Hasbro/dp/B001C3QOF4

Also, Hasbro knew about the 30th anniversary and celebrated it with.... Equestria Girls.  They made sure to get a lot of press about this fact too.

Hasbro's "My Little Pony" 30th Anniversary Celebration - 2.12.13 ...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151484634127429...‎
In 2013, Hasbro will celebrate the 30th anniversary of its beloved MY LITTLE PONY brand. From inspiring celebrity fashion trends to a top-rated television series, ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/business/hasbro-expands-transformers-brand-into-new-media.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Also last fair, they said they had plans for the 30th anniversary at the Q&A
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »
*sigh* Well, on the bright side... my friend that normally picks up the SDCC exclusives for me.... I won't have to make him go through that nightmare this year..... I feel bad enough about what he went through last year.

sailorstitch

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »
Let's face it, we already know that Hasbro favors the brony's now and pretty much pushes aside collectors at this point.  This makes me sad.  I want a fair pony exclusive when I go to the RI fairs, because it's a cool souvenir like getting a t-shirt but in pony form.  I don't think they would charge $50 for a standard G3 mold type pony or even a G4 type mold.  Unless the pony was made of platinum or had diamonds on it or something.  That's more of a joke really though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal