collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13587 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »
Moulded hair? On a Hasbro fashion size pony...wow...I will admit to being disappointed. No brushable hair on a MLP collectable :( One of the things the line is pretty much all about and has been all about for 30 years. For $50 a pop they had so many options, so many things they could have done. But they stuck some crystals on what will still be a $15 body pony and called her fancy. And this is a special mould after all in order to have the moulded hair so they could have done something much more exciting or much more reflective of the general history of MLP. Oh well...at least its different I guess.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Yeah... I'm fine with a G4 (since that's the line right now, and I do love them so), but I was expecting something... more interesting for $50. Sure, she's covered in crystals, but that's the only thing that makes her different from a design-a-pony with her paint already applied. I have to say, I really appreciate the old Fair/SDCC exclusives that were so intricately designed and unique, and I wish they would find a way to introduce those types of concepts to the G4 lines.

(Also, I was so hoping that it was going to be a Discord. It was unlikely, but it would have been awesome!)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »
I like the idea of Swarovski a lot and I am okay with G4s but that is where it ends.

I don't like:
-DJ Pon3  (She just isn't a favorite of mine and I don't like that you never see her eyes)
-Non-brushable
-glitter everywhere instead of more crystals (if you look closely she doesn't even have that many real crystals).
-light up box (only because I've never been big on things with batteries that eventually fail).
-Doesn't celebrate 30 years in a big way
-Doesn't celebrate 30 year anniversary at all

So, I am disappointed.  But on the other hand now I don't have to worry about buying an expensive second hand pony. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
I LOVE IT! =D I wasnt expecting this at all, she isnt brushable?! Oh well LOL. At first glance she looked like a Funko Pony! Is there a way to preorder this right now!? I NEED IT! Wow Im glad that their exclusive is something we havnt seen before, those Pinkies threw us off!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
Hasbro never made any indication that they even know about a 30th anniversary, so to be expecting them to have magically noticed it seems kinda silly to me...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »
I LOVE IT! =D I wasnt expecting this at all, she isnt brushable?! Oh well LOL. At first glance she looked like a Funko Pony! Is there a way to preorder this right now!? I NEED IT! Wow Im glad that their exclusive is something we havnt seen before, those Pinkies threw us off!

I would also like to know this, since I know some of the preorders have already happened. I there a site I can check for this?
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
She is cute, but I don't feel she's $50 cute, even if she has Swarovski crystals on her. She does look more like a Funko exclusive more than a Hasbro one. Wished she had at least brushable hair or something.

I had kinda hoped it would have been Discord as the exclusive, even if he was pony-fied. ^^; or maybe even an artsy-style G4 mane 6 pony (like past exclusives with how artsy and pretty/neat they were).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »

I would also like to know this, since I know some of the preorders have already happened. I there a site I can check for this?

Some have been preordered!? O_oWhere!? I need to know!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
Well, thats good to know, she's not on my want list.  I only collect bruashables.  :(

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »

Hasbro does not have an online pre order system like Mattel and some other suppliers.

Pre orders tend to be people who make listings on ebay and then attempt to fulfil the orders they have taken.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »

Preorders for ponyfair sold out in less than a day.  So there are none left.  There has never been preorders for hasbro toys at comic con.  In the case of both events, even with preorders (which there aren't for comic con) you have to go and pick them up personally.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »

Some have been preordered!? O_oWhere!? I need to know!

She hasn't, as she's only been released today. I was referring to the other exclusives.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »
I like the idea of Swarovski a lot and I am okay with G4s but that is where it ends.

I don't like:
-DJ Pon3  (She just isn't a favorite of mine and I don't like that you never see her eyes)
-Non-brushable
-glitter everywhere instead of more crystals (if you look closely she doesn't even have that many real crystals).
-light up box (only because I've never been big on things with batteries that eventually fail).
-Doesn't celebrate 30 years in a big way
-Doesn't celebrate 30 year anniversary at all

So, I am disappointed.  But on the other hand now I don't have to worry about buying an expensive second hand pony. 

Agreed to all of this. I'm not loving her at all.  Just another case of them having a special background character to sell to fanboys. Whatever.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
What did you people expect?

A lot more for $50.
My Wish List

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
I kinda like her because I like Vinyl. But three things irk me.

1. I just hope Hasbro prepares for the rush this year. Running out of your con exclusive by day two of a seven day convention is really bad.

2. What happened to original designs? I know MLP is under the most pressure from the fandom than it ever has been but older ponies need love too.

3. After all the hype this seems... underwhelming? Looks more like something Funko would make than Hasbro.

Any word on whether this is the same exclusive for MLP Fair?

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal