collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]  (Read 1335 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »
They touch on it a bit more in the books- once a guest has eaten with you, their protection is guaranteed under your roof. Basically what the Freys did was in extremely bad form. And broke a ton of laws/customs etc.

I've been waiting all season for this to happen. I think HBO did it justice. These books are very dark, and very violent. Honestly I would have been upset if they would have watered it down.

this exactly xD. though if you want to be "technically" fair, it was pretty bad form that Robb was promised to one of his daughters and then found someone else. especially when they so needed Freys men, I thought it was a bit bold of Robb to say "if frey cooperates" when he was talking with Cat about his plans.. i mean if he expected someone like frey to cooperate you dont dishonor him. xD
 I mean i  cant help but think that NONE of this would have happened if he had not perused things with the other woman. lol... the whole time they were talking Edmure into accepting Freys new terms. i was thinking... oh Robb this is not going to end well.. there is NO WAY walder frey is going to be satisfied with this xD even if it WAS his idea lmfao.

im pretty sure that Walder justified the wedding as setting things even.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:40:13 AM by truevampiress »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
Oh yeah totally. And in the books he states he's always felt like he was looked down upon by everyone and he'd had enough of it. The lannisters backing him only sweetened the deal.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
Oooh maybe I shouldn't have read this thread yet  :P
I've only seen through ep.6 this season so far. It'll be an interesting turn of events!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
Oooh maybe I shouldn't have read this thread yet  :P
I've only seen through ep.6 this season so far. It'll be an interesting turn of events!

oh nooo get out of here! xD I hope you didnt read too much! i did put a spoiler warning haha. this is why i never peaked in the previous game of thrones topics xD i HATE being spoiled lol
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
They touch on it a bit more in the books- once a guest has eaten with you, their protection is guaranteed under your roof. Basically what the Freys did was in extremely bad form. And broke a ton of laws/customs etc.

I've been waiting all season for this to happen. I think HBO did it justice. These books are very dark, and very violent. Honestly I would have been upset if they would have watered it down.

Very interesting! What HBO water something down...lol...never ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal