collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
The wolves are like part of the Starks.  I think what happens to them is symbolic.

Mind. Blown.

I had not even realized that. Hmmm. I wonder if Arya's wolf will ever come back?

It's more obvious in the books.  They all do the wolf dreaming thing that Bran does, except for Sansa (well at least she hasn't for me yet). And the fact the wolves mimic their personalities so much.  They are also there to protect them when things go badly.  You may have noticed that Grey Wind was trying to get out of his cage before the wedding became a blood bath.  Sansa who lost her wolf early is the one that is still trapped in Kings Landing.  In the books, Ned commented that he thinks killing her wolf took an essential part out of her.  In the books, Rickon goes feral when everyone leaves Winterfell, and in turn Shaggy becomes completely vicious and they have to keep him tied up all the time.

Wow, well that makes it more interesting! I definitely noticed that they're very protective of their owner. Hmm. So i wonder if Arya's wolf being shooed into the forest was a foreshadowing of Arya's situation. I mean, she hasnt had any of her family with her and she has been traveling through the woods, hiding from those who want her either dead or captive...similar to the reason she had to shoo her wolf away. I need to get to reading the books! Lol. Does anyone know if they're available for kindle or nook or iTunes?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
FINALLY! God, it has been so hard to keep this to myself. Everytime my friends brings this subject up I have to keep my mouth shut and not say anything. Once I asked if the red wedding had come up yet and they were all "no what is that" and I had to tell them to wait... Me and boyfriend has just catched up to ep 8 of s03 (all three seasons in two weeks!) and I have to bite my tounge every time he ask something or comes up with a theory. It's torture, lol! I can't wait til we get to see this episode! I so want to see his expression ^_^

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »
yes the wolves sort of act like the starks are part of their pack. :p technically all of the starks are wargs, i think its just been more obvious with bran. possibly because hes crippled and just has more time to spend with summer? xD i dunno just an idea, everyone else is off living busy lives, or in Sansas and Aryas case Lady who was killed very early and Nymeria who was run off, but she does make a few more appearances but much more in the books, at least she has in "clash of kings" but not directly. Im pretty sure they were talking about her though when they mentioned a "giant wolf leading a pack" they also mention this wolf was not afraid of humans, which would make sense in that case.

speaking of wolves did anyone notice that either summer or shaggydog was suddenly very white? I know that wasnt supposed to be ghost because hes off doing his thing right now lol.

And sweet brave Rickon, hes so cute, i really hope nothing happens to them. :/
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
I was really looking forward to, and dreading this past episode. The second the Rains of Castamere started playing, it felt like that "Here we go!", breathless feeling you get right before going over that first major plunge on a roller coaster. That's a chapter I still have a difficult time re-reading, so I was trying so hard to keep it together while seeing it all unfold onscreen.

I was pretty excited going into it because I got to watch it with friends who are really into the show and have never picked up the ASOIAF books, so they had no idea it was coming. I looked over at them when the credits started rolling and they were just sitting their with their mouths open, speechless. They didn't know what to say, though I think it finally convinced them that this is a series worth reading.

I'm always amused at the shared, sick satisfaction so many people already in-the-know seem to get for putting their friends and family through this series. My boyfriend and best friend both just finished A Storm of Swords just before getting into Season 3 and both flipped out on me when they got to that point for suggesting this series, lol, though I know they still love it.  As sad as it had made me, I couldn't help but bust out laughing at seeing their reactions. I knew it all too well.

I remember reading that chapter and just feeling sucker punched. I also remember throwing my book across the room in frustration and not picking it up again to read for about a week (which I was very glad I did once I continued on). Despite Robb and Catelyn not exactly being my favorite of characters (I find myself liking them much more in the show, but the actors and plot focus probably has a lot to do with it), I was still so heartbroken at how everything went down for them, and the show did a really good job at capturing the absolute devastation of that event.

Season 4 is going to be amazing! I can't believe we have to wait another year, It feels like 3 just started.

I'm really hoping for (future spoiler)

Spoiler
Lady Stoneheart to make an appearance in episode 30, considering the name of the episode. I'm really curious how that storyline will play out in the series.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »
Yeah... It was pretty brutal but they seriously could have done it worse! In a future episode we might just see a glimpse of Robb's body attached to Grey Wind's head though...

I never really got that attached to Robb or Catelyn in the books or the show so I wasn't too bothered about what happened. The Hound on the other hand...

Offline CleverCanadian

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.AtasCosita.net
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 07:02:05 AM »
I'm a huge fan of both the series and the books.  I think HBO did the Red Wedding justice!  It was brutal and cold, like in the book, while throwing in that emotional twist that the books themselves didn't really have for me.

I know that the show has changed some things up (Talisa) but overall I think it was changed for the better.  Gave that emotional connection to the incident that I just didn't have reading about it. 

Two thumbs way up for that episode!  I've been deliberately avoiding trailers so I  can't wait to see how they handle next week!

:biggrin:

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
Ya know, I read the books and wasn't surprised. At all. I agree, once Rains of Castamere started playing, my eyes got wide and I started celebrating. I was sooo shocked when it read it, but DANG was it good in the show!

Also, I want it pointed out, his wife's name was really Jeyne and she stayed behind in Riverrun.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 11:35:24 AM »

Also, I want it pointed out, his wife's name was really Jeyne and she stayed behind in Riverrun.

And that is why I am reading the books after. I can enjoy the books without picking holes in it when I've watched a show first, I can't enjoy a show when I've read the book first.  I'm just like "Why did they change that?"  "Who the heck is that new person?"  "Wait that didn't happen"  It would just ruin it for me.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »

And that is why I am reading the books after. I can enjoy the books without picking holes in it when I've watched a show first, I can't enjoy a show when I've read the book first.  I'm just like "Why did they change that?"  "Who the heck is that new person?"  "Wait that didn't happen"  It would just ruin it for me.

Yea, I understand why they brought his wife in the show. That bit... AMAZING. I was shocked because I wasn't expecting THAT part.
With my memory, I'm pretty lucky that I can't remember majority of the books. But the Red Wedding definitely stood out, as did Joffrey and Margery's wedding. (I just remember that part in the books.)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »
I don't read the books so I was So Shocked! It's sad about the Starks, I feel so sorry for them :( I am really rooting for Daenerys now! Why didn't Catelyn Stark do something before all of it happened? She had a feeling and then when she seen him wearing his armor...act out. I don't think I could've went down so easily as Rob did. I would've been trying to get to the Lord (can't remember his name). I wish they had made him die fighting.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
I haven't watched the show since the first episode of S2. I just haven't gotten around to it. But yeah wow, this was such a kicker in the books. I completely forgot you guys were coming up on it but then my tumblr dash exploded with tears aha.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
I don't read the books so I was So Shocked! It's sad about the Starks, I feel so sorry for them :( I am really rooting for Daenerys now! Why didn't Catelyn Stark do something before all of it happened? She had a feeling and then when she seen him wearing his armor...act out. I don't think I could've went down so easily as Rob did. I would've been trying to get to the Lord (can't remember his name). I wish they had made him die fighting.

she couldnt really have done anything. :/ they locked them in there and all of them were armed where all the starks had not been armed, because I mean who expects something like that at a wedding.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

she couldnt really have done anything. :/ they locked them in there and all of them were armed where all the starks had not been armed, because I mean who expects something like that at a wedding.

I know they weren't armed but I would've been pulling the arrows out of me and using them as a weapon or something.  And you could tell Catelyn suspected something if she'd only screamed out at least they could've went down fighting instead of like lamb :( It's sad because I was really starting to like Rob too. 

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »

I know they weren't armed but I would've been pulling the arrows out of me and using them as a weapon or something.  And you could tell Catelyn suspected something if she'd only screamed out at least they could've went down fighting instead of like lamb :( It's sad because I was really starting to like Rob too. 

I think the main idea was.. that they were just so taken by surprise. like I mentioned before, you dont expect that at a wedding lol. But also, and not that I especially like cat or anything, but shes sort of been pulled through the wringer, basically the entire series lol. I mean just think of everything shes been through xD, this might have just been the last "wtf" moment and i wouldn't have been extremely overwhelmed and useless as well i think lol. I think thats why she also killed that girl, like she wasnt really caring about anything anymore, and the fact that Frey was just unconcerned either way, maybe she just wanted to hurt something...?  and they really did swoop in fast, i mean the whole stabbing thing... honestly i think they all sort of reacted a bit "human." lol
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:46:02 PM by truevampiress »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »
They touch on it a bit more in the books- once a guest has eaten with you, their protection is guaranteed under your roof. Basically what the Freys did was in extremely bad form. And broke a ton of laws/customs etc.

I've been waiting all season for this to happen. I think HBO did it justice. These books are very dark, and very violent. Honestly I would have been upset if they would have watered it down.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal