collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]  (Read 1324 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:27:11 AM »
feel free to merge this if you feel the need, i couldn't find the other topic

So anyway, I haven't posted in the GoT topic before because I usually don't watch it at its regularly scheduled time, a friend and I sort of have a tradition of recording them and watching them together, Monday nights, since our Sundays are usually too active.

Iv been watching this religiously since it started xD, and iv gotten as emotionally involved in it as I have Walking Dead, which luckily one season starts after the other ends or id probably be a big puddle of emotions.

But can we just talk about last Sundays episode, specifically the ending... o_o I mean Iv gotten used to Game of Thrones and its love for graphic.. everything. But holy cow I was not expecting that.. I am reading the books, oddly though its the first time iv started reading a book AFTER i started watching the series. so I am only up to "A Clash of Kings." I had no warning, and my friend and I were both literally shaking at this most recent ending.

And I was really starting to love Robb lol but Dany will forever be my favorite. Still...

I'm not going to say "they went too far" because it IS HBO after all.. It was just very shocking and gruesome, I'm sure you know exactly WHICH part I'm talking about too xD. And poor Grey wind :( I hate seeing another one of them killed for no reason whatsoever.

And yay Bran finally realizes hes a warg despite Jojen insisting it for ever lol and poor Arya, so close.. I DID sort of expect something to go horribly wrong to get in the way of her joining her family.. But I wish it didnt mean their deaths.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones 6/2 [spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:25 AM »
I knew it was coming, but my lord....it was awful to watch.  Red Wedding proved to be the most gruesome thing I've ever seen.

And Dany is my fav too! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
It was horrible! I watched it just before bed- needless to say I barely slept that night. At least you never know what's going to happen in that show. But I think we're getting the point that Starks can't ever be happy. :\

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:42:33 AM »
I havent watched any of this but I do know that it was all over MSN..huge outrages all across the board.

But, this was also in the book, yes? So people should have seen it comming?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
If you've read the books yes, although they did make it a tad bit more gruesome for effect.

I knew it was coming so I braced for impact lol. My boyfriend on the other hand has not read the books and was glued to the screen mouth agape and when it ended was just like holy s**t!!!!! Personally I was never that attached to Robb in the books and I've always hated catelynn so I was kind of meh oh well over the whole matter. It certainly changes the game though, and sets many other things in motion.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
From some of the complaints/comments I've been seeing it was in the books. Not my thing though.

I know this show can go above our PG13 rating so just an early reminder to keep your comments about it to our rating please. Thanks! :frolic:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
I haven't seen the episode, but I have read the books so I knew this was coming. I'm not really understanding the "HBO how could you do this?" comments I saw all over Facebook.  It's kind of a critical part of the story, even though it is gruesome, and they really couldn't have toned it down, let alone left it out and remained faithful to the books at all!  My understanding is that they left out some of the most gruesome parts (in the book, they, erm... remove and exchange Robb's and Grey Wind's heads).

I bet the people I saw on a wedding site who were having a GoT themed wedding have changed their minds...

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
Oh man. I haven't read the books yet, so I was surprised when this happened in Sundays episode. Wow. I was more upset for the baby than for Robb or Catelyn. Oh and poor Arya can't catch a break!

Although I gotta agree with everyone that Dany is definitely my favorite. But I also love Tyrion! The only good Lannister for sure. And I love little Arya's spirit.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:16:02 AM »
The books get REALLY violent- excessively violent I thought.   I did like the books a lot but that was the one thing I wished he could have toned down- a lot of it seemed really gratuitous.   I recall being super angry when they started picking off wolfs and family members...

Figures that HBO was relish the violence.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
The books get REALLY violent- excessively violent I thought.   I did like the books a lot but that was the one thing I wished he could have toned down- a lot of it seemed really gratuitous.   I recall being super angry when they started picking off wolfs and family members...

Figures that HBO was relish the violence.

Ahh man the killing of the wolves really bothers me. I hate it every time they do that!

And can we just grump at how evil Joffrey is? Ugh. Can't wait til he gets what's coming to him..

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »
The wolves are like part of the Starks.  I think what happens to them is symbolic.

I am super impressed that the people who read the books didn't spoil the last episode for everyone. I personally didn't start reading until I started watching the show, and I am now intentionally reading behind the series because I know I'll pick holes in it if I read ahead.  That wedding was just shocking!

And yes, Joffery is the most dislikable character I have ever come across.  He has no redeemable qualities.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »
I haven't read the books but i'm generally not too in love with this show. It has failed to make me emotionally attached to any of the characters (since they are too many and the show is constantly jumping between them) so the last episode didn't nearly sadden me as much as it did most people. In fact, I went pretty much "oh come on" on it :P

I will admit that I have a feeling this show is overusing its sex and violence to the point where it's more bothersome for me to watch than it's effective, and that's how i felt about this episode too.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 10:48:55 AM »
Well, it's good to play a drinking game while watching it, if anyone's seen that thing going around on the internet. :P

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »
The wolves are like part of the Starks.  I think what happens to them is symbolic.

Mind. Blown.

I had not even realized that. Hmmm. I wonder if Arya's wolf will ever come back?

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »

Mind. Blown.

I had not even realized that. Hmmm. I wonder if Arya's wolf will ever come back?

It's more obvious in the books.  They all do the wolf dreaming thing that Bran does, except for Sansa (well at least she hasn't for me yet). And the fact the wolves mimic their personalities so much.  They are also there to protect them when things go badly.  You may have noticed that Grey Wind was trying to get out of his cage before the wedding became a blood bath.  Sansa who lost her wolf early is the one that is still trapped in Kings Landing.  In the books, Ned commented that he thinks killing her wolf took an essential part out of her.  In the books, Rickon goes feral when everyone leaves Winterfell, and in turn Shaggy becomes completely vicious and they have to keep him tied up all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal