collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.  (Read 1307 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »
I open all my G4s and the G3s I collected in the past :) Its a fun feeling.

I also glare on a weekly basis at a couple of MIB G1s - Sweet Clover and Good Weather. I do not primarily collect MOC/MIB; but I am a loose and complete collector. However, loose and complete for some ponies is harder than you would think so over the years there are many ponies I have found MOC/MIB easier. So I collect the MIB/MOC until I complete the pony loose. However Good Weather and Sweet Clover - I feel are going to defeat me. Forever they will start at me from their boxes tormenting me in their complete but boxed in goodness knowing I will never find them loose and complete. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
I am happy to hear that your all able to release your ponies. I sometimes think about it, but just can not do it yet. I have always loved my ponies in there boxes.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »
 :lol:
When I first started collecting G4 and only had the mane 6 I kept them in their box for only about a week or 2 until I opened them. (Mainly did it because I saw black mark on Rarity's face that was gonna drive me nuts if I didn't open her up and try to clean it...). I'm glad I open mine now though. They take up so much less room and are so pretty.
I think it's fully possible to enjoy them just as much in box though too. I've kept my 2012 SDCC "grey peg." and Zecora in box and still very much enjoy them.  :satisfied:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
I do have a lot of G3 and G4 still in their boxes.  However, when I bought my 2010 Fair pony I was told upfront that the previous owner had opened the box to release her hair but had not otherwise removed her from her packaging.  I figured, hey she's not technically MIB anymore so I just went ahead and de-boxed her.  I don't regret it  :biggrin:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
I went through the same thing :D Then once I freed one, I freed almost all of them! :lol: I kept the first wave main six and tinsel hair ones in their boxes and the talking Celestia. Everything else is opened up :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
When it comes to G4s, I have no issues deboxing them. The first thing I do when I get home from the store is rip them open.

I still debox G3s too.

But I cannot bring myself to ever debox a G1 or G2.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 10:52:38 PM »
I de-box everything I own. I wear if I ever get a MOC G1 it is going to be sold here cause I would be too tempted to open it. Also I find it funny that is the Transformers community it is fine to open older ones.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
at first I had a fun time opening every g4  pony I bought ,but after I ran out of space ,then I just left them in their box and hang them on the wall , I still open some of them but not everything I buy .but with the dust sometimes I think is better not to open them anymore
the mib g2's are also on the wall,not opening them for sure ,but I have enough g2  loose so it is ok :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »
if a pony is in complex packaging with lots of accessories, I'll usually keep her in the box.
My G3 easter ponies are still inside the big plastic eggs. A lot of the holiday ponies look so cute inside their boxes it seems a shame to get them out.
But most of my collection is freerange :)
I do have an couple from argentina still on their cards and I'm also not sure about setting them free. The cards are kind of flimsy and cheap...

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Chinabun

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »
All our ponies get played with so we open - thats why I keep away from MOC G1 ponies and leave them to collectors. I doo try to find as close to mint as possible though and sometimes Ill get a lot that looks to be in good condition and easy to clean up :) If I did end up with a MOC, id have to think bout it really hard - i think it depends on the pony and if its my want or my daughters want ;)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 01:54:54 AM »
I think that's OK, especially if you aren't going to sell them. Ponies look much nicer when they are mixed together on a shelf than separated in boxes ;)

I don't like having ponies in boxes so I either open them, or even better, buy them loose. I bought a MIB G2 pony once (twice actually, but the second one was carefully opened before for display) because it was the only way to get it complete with accessories. I kept it a few weeks in box, but then decided to open it. I can't say I regret it because I could smell that scent of a new pony again. It felt so nostalgic  ^.^ I kept the box, of course. I don't think I could open a G1, though.

Having ponies MIB feels like I don't actually have them because I can't play with them :huh: But to each their own

Hexi

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
Are the FS G4s worth alot then? :/
I have a Rarity arriving soon that i want to customise but if she's worth alot......

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 03:58:30 AM »
I have a Rarity arriving soon that i want to customise but if she's worth alot......

FS Applejack is the most valuable since she is rare (seen her on eBay for $100 multiple times) followed by Rarity, but you should hear another opinion from someone more experienced ;) I don't think others are worth that much.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:40 AM »
I bet that was fun opening them! :squee:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »

FS Applejack is the most valuable since she is rare (seen her on eBay for $100 multiple times) followed by Rarity, but you should hear another opinion from someone more experienced ;) I don't think others are worth that much.

I agree with sweetberry most of them have been released often or recently enough that they are retail value. AJ being the big exception.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal