collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.  (Read 1311 times)

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »
After so much distraught for such a long time I finally unboxed about 8 G4 ponies.  I've felt so guilty since I bought them because I never opened them and then I found out they were wanted by others and their prices were pretty good for a G4.  Thanks to my husband he helped me think it out and helped me just open them up to enjoy them. :)

Anybody else had the same problem of deciding to open or not open & also the guilt that I had something I liked but felt so guilty that others wanted the item so much that I couldn't open it and enjoy it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »
I was debating for a long time whether or not to open up my Drama Pony, but in the end I decided to because I decided that I was never going to sell her unless we face total financial ruin. If you're not certain whether or not you're going to sell it, I would probably keep it in the box, but if you know you never want to part with it and want to play with it, then release thy pony from thy prison  :lol:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
I also kept thinking they were pretty in the box but after releasing them from their boxes they seemed much more colorful for some reason (which was good).

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
I'm so glad for you!  Ponies are much cuter outside the box.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »
I will probably get chucked in a vat of acid for this but recently I acquired a MIB Anniversary set with Snuzzle, Minty and Blossom...and I opened it.  :dropjaw: Though it won't come as a great shock as you will see from my sig.

They now sit alongside their older less bright counterparts on me shelf. I love them just like my other ponies, I've kept the box (which I'm kinda using as a shelf at the moment for about seven CP ponies I like the artwork. It has all the first six on the back. I'm hoping to get other three at some point. I love how they have flat feet too.

Your pony, your choice  :biggrin: You should never feel guilty about opening a pony that belongs to you, you bought it and that's my opinion hehe.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:52:23 PM by ravengusty »
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »
Good for all of you who open ponies! It's totally up to you, and hey-- nothing lasts for ever, anyway! It's yours and if opening a pony will be more enjoyable for you than having her carded/boxed, then you should!

Apart from G4s (thought I still have an MIP wave 1 Pinkie), the only ponies I've gotten the opportunity to unbox are Marshmallow Coco and G3 Applejack. I do have Wish I May MOC (Eee!) and I am, admittedly, reluctant to open her as she looks so beautiful displayed on that lovely card.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 01:01:49 PM »
I would have opened Marshmallow Coco too she's lovely. I think it's good there are people who keep them in boxes because it just shows some folks have real strong will power haha.

My boyfriend says I'd open anything in a box if it had a pony in it, he's probably right  ;)

I love your opinion reanna-mator

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
I have similar concerns ove my MIB FS Applejack. I got her last year at K-Mart for MSRP and I kept putting off opening her so she's gone from approx $40 in value to $230. Part of me wants to because I only paid $15-17, part of me realizes value and is against it.

FWIW, I had zero concerns with SDCC Bubblecup. I got her, opened her up same day and slapped FS Celestia's dress on her. Girl knows how to work princess clothes.

Otherwise, everyone gets opened unless it's MOC G1, but I wouldn't buy one, because the price would be higher than loose, and since I like loose, I let the MOC collectors who want them have them. It's win-win-win.

I will probably get chucked in a vat of acid for this but recently I acquired a MIB Anniversary set with Snuzzle, Minty and Blossom...and I opened it.  :dropjaw:

And for those that do get mad (and have a set of their own) that's one less MIB Anniversary set floating around. Your set has now gone up in value.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »
X3

I did buy my Princess Glittering Gem in her box, but she had been opened before, so she was no longer actually fastened into her card with her accessories. She was just near mint and placed back into her box. That might be the closest I'll get to opening a G1!

I admit I'd have a hard time opening a G1 unless her packaging was already falling apart anyway though! I'm not a mint-in-package collector, anyway. But if I had the money and found her, I might splurge for Posey MOC, and keep her that way, since she's one of my favorites.

thekozmicpig: I opened my SDCC Drama Pony right away too! I still have the box, but there was no way I was going to keep the poor girl shut up in there.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »
I don't know the value of my set, it cost me £25 so it wasn't one I had to think long and hard about opening. If it had cost me £60 it might have been a few weeks or I'd have tried to trade for the three loose and mint.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
All the ponies I buy are to keep forever, so I always open everything :) I want them to be free and play with me, too !

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »
I have guilt right now about opening my "Pony Power" exclusive, but I'm going to once I get her high up on a shelf.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
I'm having the same 'having to fighty my urges'. I just bought Pumpkin Tart & Abra in courtesy of the lovely elish2, n all itching to open them because I've been wanting them for years! A part of me says dunn exclusives are serious buizzness and then aparta me says consciousness will defeat thyself. Mind over matter eh?!

Perhaps this is the sole reason why people get doubles. So s-m-a-r-t! :P Wish I can do that. Some are too rare or hella expensive so no can do for me. :C
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:49:45 PM by Cron Sacchariferous »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
if i get something that in box... and it's actually valuable. i usually sell it and buy an opened one for a ton cheaper.
mostly cuz unboxed ponies at my house should always fear of being either customized or kidnapped by my niece.

but all kinds of respect for people who open them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:42:38 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
I'll have to confess, if I had a MOC G1 with a really badly yellowed bubble, I'd probably open them. I can't stand bubbles that are so yellowed they're almost brown, it definitely doesn't look nice  >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal