collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: customs and rares  (Read 482 times)

jaybell

• Trade Count: (0)
customs and rares
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
whats the best/fastest way to check my bait ponies for rare, and if they aren't in good condition are they still "rare". all of my ponies I have for customs have been played with, are dirty, have been drawn on and so on. some may be in better shape then others and when I got them I checked them but now I'm wondering if some of the "rare"ness has changed in the 2 years since I bought them and was thinking of maybe checking it out again

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: customs and rares
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »
Probably the fastest way would be to start a thread asking the experts here! :)
I'll put something here some time

jaybell

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »
I have a box full I figured it would be a pain to ask someone else too LOL but I guess I can do a few at a time

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:53 AM »
you can lay them all down on the floor and take a group shot. experts have an eye for rare gems :)
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

jaybell

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18:27 AM »
you can lay them all down on the floor and take a group shot. experts have an eye for rare gems :)

oh good idea! should I post it in pony Q&A or.. somewhere else? (still learning lol)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:55 AM »
you can post it into this thread as well :)
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

jaybell

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
ok here goes nothing

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here they are! I have more on display in my daughters room but I'm not worried about those right now lol :p

let me know if you see any I probably shouldn't be destroying!!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »
G3 Snowflake (blue one with blue hat) used to be very HTF in the G3's, especially with her hat. G3 Candy cane also used to be HTF (white one under giant pinkies hooves) I'd also probably save G3 Berries 'n Cherries came with a spring basket so may be more HTF than some others, especialyl with Lavender Cloud just above her who i've just noticed :) (Bottom row, pink pony next to G3 merriweather and then the yellow one with a cloud symbol just above her)

Depend on the condition of them but i'd definitely hold onto those :)

jaybell

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »
G3 Snowflake (blue one with blue hat) used to be very HTF in the G3's, especially with her hat. G3 Candy cane also used to be HTF (white one under giant pinkies hooves) I'd also probably save G3 Berries 'n Cherries came with a spring basket so may be more HTF than some others, especialyl with Lavender Cloud just above her who i've just noticed :) (Bottom row, pink pony next to G3 merriweather and then the yellow one with a cloud symbol just above her)

Depend on the condition of them but i'd definitely hold onto those :)

sorry but... what does HTF mean exactly? lol i'll separate those and take a look at them. I don't think they are in great condition though... I kinda like the blue snowflake and candycane one cuz I <3 xmas lol

does crazy hair count as bad condition? because I think that might be the only issue with some

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 08:30:47 AM

what about these? these were upstairs lol

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:30:47 AM by jaybell »

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
I don't see any that are super rare, but I don't see any that are in "bait" condition. I bet you could trade some of those G1's for true G1 baits.

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
The blue G3 pegasus in the most recent picture is Thistle Whistle. She's somewhat sought after!
I'll take the yellow G1 sitting pony off your hands for you. >.>

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 08:59:25 AM »
You have a few that I for sure wouldn't bait, as they're a little more sought after.  Here's a great site to check.

http://strawberryreef.com/Topics/rare.html

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

jaybell

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:05:02 AM »
I don't see any that are super rare, but I don't see any that are in "bait" condition. I bet you could trade some of those G1's for true G1 baits.

you can't see it in the pictures but a lof of them have been colored on and chewed lol. i got them from lots from families getting rid of old toys. this was a few years ago though.
The blue G3 pegasus in the most recent picture is Thistle Whistle. She's somewhat sought after!
I'll take the yellow G1 sitting pony off your hands for you. >.>

If I wasn't trying to make some $$ I would give her to you lol. and I enjoy customs. but looking at all of them all spread out there are some I like and probably wont mod but if I can sell one for good money then maybe I should do that??

thank you guys so much for your help btw! i'm identifying them all right now.... -_- this may take awhile.  when I got them I identified them and I think I just checked to see what they were going for on Ebay or I checked a rare list or something and didn't see any worth maintaining at the time

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »
HTF means hard to find ;)
Also, bad hair definitely does not count as baity because it can easily be fixed so I'd personally advise against baiting ponies whose only problem is that.
I would also only bait very poor condition G1s as they will always be wanted by collectors in the years to come.

I also encourage you to check this page out ^^ it has a pretty good guide on what is fixable and what isn't

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Bait
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »
thank you guys so much for your help btw! i'm identifying them all right now.... -_- this may take awhile.  when I got them I identified them and I think I just checked to see what they were going for on Ebay or I checked a rare list or something and didn't see any worth maintaining at the time

Most won't probably fetch you more than $5-8 a piece, but you do have some lovelies.  ^_^  If they've been colored or chewed though, I say bait!  I found a G4 Starbeam Twinkle (target playset exclusive) at a thrift store and was super excited!  Only to find that she's been a kitty's toy.  :(  So, I gave her to my boys to play with and she's completely loved.  ^_^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal