collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY prototypes?)  (Read 12256 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY FAKE)
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Boy they are not that nice looking, sorry :( Never been a doll person. Not even what I was a little girl.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
I was really hoping these would have the cute look of the characters in the movie. Fluttershy looks nothing like her animated counterpart...AT ALL imo. She doesn't even have the same eyes. The clothes are really tacky imo as well...and EQD says they're just prototypes...so hopefully the finalized ones are cuter...

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
Judging from the scale of the hair, I don't think they are that small.  And the fact they all have unique boots makes me think prototype, definitely not fakie. (Besides, wouldn't it be too early for fakies? They usually pop up AFTER a successful toy comes out.)

The body shape is a big meh for me. It does look like the drawing released though - I just would have made the human bodies stubbier, like Panty & Stocking figures / Bratz Kidz / the cartoony Azone 1/12 body  (it would be a better reminder of those short stubby pony legs). But hey, that's my personal opinion.

Now, painted tops : I don't even accept them on those one inch high micro Barbies, so that's a straight fail. It's definitely an attempt to keep production costs down but it's a bad idea. Better make them cost a dollar or two more and have decent clothing.

And the eye decals, jeez. Why, why, why would they all have the same almond shape design? But perhaps that's just because they're prototypes and final version will all have they unique eye shapes.

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »
If these are what they're going to look like, then I am going to save my money for more ponies. But, even if they were nicer, I'd probably still pass since I don't collect dolls. They'd have to be pretty darn nice to get my to spend any kind of money on them.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
Yeeeah, not a fan. Rarity looks dead and she was the one I was most looking forward to.

I hope these are in fact prototypes based on the promotional concept art and that the end result looks more like the characters from the trailer, because they were really cute! Heck, even the concept art looks better.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Admittedly, I dig the ponytail-tails, but could easily do without them if this is the result.

Also, Applejack's ears look to be attached to her weird 90s hat which means her hat must be secured to her head? And if the tops are painted on then... well, so much for trading clothes and changing outfits. I really, really hope the end result is a lot better than this.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:35:40 PM by Owlsy »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

shadowdreamer

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
I think ppl should hold judgement until we know how big they are. If they are around Polly Pocket sized then the lack of articulation is expected since when have you seen something that small with elbows and knees? They better not be Monster High sized.

Well, there was that one Polly Pocket...

It... wasn't pretty. :P
Oh I had so many Polly Pockets like that! XD I had  that set too I think....They would not stand up or really do anything to fancy..unless that ment doing the splits when they should have just sat down, then yeah. XD If they are Polly Pocket sized, they should not be too articulated. Maybe more like barbie dolls, with the elbow and knee, shoulder and legs.

These may not be fake...Lauren Faust just tweeted the picture.. So these might be the real deal, or she is trying to freak us out.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:43:57 PM by shadowdreamer »

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
URGH. My wallet is safe, these are horrible. I'd only consider buying them if they threw in something like an exclusive pony (NOT a re-released pose type) per doll, or similar.

Plastic isn't that expensive, they could have at least moulded them with a decent body shape.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2013, 06:49:28 PM »
I don't know if it's just the angle or what, but Rarity looks like her face is melting off.  I had actually been looking forward to these but now...meh.  And the painted-on tops definitely kills it for me.  Hopefully the final product will be better.

Novavelle

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
well I like them, I think they're cute.... depending on size and price I'd pick them up.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »
Okay, if these are real ....Whoa.  Those are worse than I ever could have imagined.   I'm not even a fan of the whole "Equestria Girls" thing to begin with, but I expected so much more from this line if Hasbro is really trying to compete with MH.  Is that NO articulation whatsoever I spy?  And their faces.  Their outfits.  Wow.  Hideous.

I suppose the only comfort I have right now is that Hasbro is putting as much effort into the quality of these dolls as they do their G4 ponies, quality-wise. XD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:41:42 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »
Prototypes or not,these look absolutely awful. They don't resemble anything that was once pony, and even by typical doll standards they look REALLY bad. Especially Rarity!

They don't even resemble how they looked in the trailer. Ugh.  I never wanted anything to do with EQ to begin with but come on Hasbro,at least make them look better than this.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
I think these are protos since their designs in the movie doesnt have them with wings or ears anymore. I actually like these! They look a little 'off' but lol they are dolls! :P I have always been an animal figure type toy lover, but I am willing to give it a chance with dolls. I have a good feeling I will like EQG. I do hope the doll quality is a little better when they are released.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:59:32 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »
They don't look that great...   :(

The outfits, the body shape and the quality... Hasbro, you really need to step it up, with your ponies and your Equestria Girls!

shadowdreamer

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »
Update from Equestria Daily: "We have been told that these are actually prototypes.  The real models have new faces, axed wings and ears, and different outfits."

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
Women of the world, you have your assignment--to the plastic surgeons! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal