collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY prototypes?)  (Read 12255 times)

DJ Midli

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY FAKE)
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
one word.....

Barbie

My mind went more towards Monster High. I think Hasbro has gotten bold and is trying to bite out of the Monster High market.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 05:13:05 PM »
one word.....

Barbie

My mind went more towards Monster High. I think Hasbro has gotten bold and is trying to bite out of the Monster High market.

I think Monster High tries a little harder than this... as does Barbie. These just come off as weird cheap knockoffs. I'll wait to see more pictures before I write them off permanently, though.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
That "bite" doesn't even come close to being a nibble to Monster High since these dolls don't seem to have any articulation at the elbow, wrist or knees.

If anything, I'd say these would be more compatible to the new Blythe dolls that come with the Littlest Pet Shop, Strawberry Short Cake, Polly Pocket, or maybe even MGA's Novi Stars.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Lon-san

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
I'm hoping the released dolls will be better. :<

Can't blame her:

https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status/339163075146022912

Whether you dig the dolls on their own or not, you can't deny that the designs have stripped away the individual personalities that she gave them. Everybody is done up like a sparkly makeup and short skirt wearing girly girl. Something is wrong when academic Twilight, Gentle Fluttershy and glamorous Rarity are all more or less represented the same, apart from the colors :(

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
I think Monster High as well, it has nothing to do with articulation, etc. and everything to do with that super skinny (disturbing) body type.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
If anything, I'd say these would be more compatible to the new Blythe dolls that come with the Littlest Pet Shop, Strawberry Short Cake, Polly Pocket, or maybe even MGA's Novi Stars.

*nod* I think these are actually quite small if they're going to come with appropriately sized pony counterparts, much like the little blythes.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
I don't mind them.  They're not pony and I think they look cheap but, depending on the price, I might buy one of them.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
I think ppl should hold judgement until we know how big they are. If they are around Polly Pocket sized then the lack of articulation is expected since when have you seen something that small with elbows and knees? They better not be Monster High sized.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
Yuck. They remind me of those cheap dolls you can get in dollar stores. The faces look strange and I don't like how they're all wearing pretty much the same outfit and boots, just very slightly different color/design. I also hate the painted on tops. I remember when I was a kid, I had a Barbie with a painted on bathing suit and I hated it. I ended up putting her head on another body so she could wear clothes without the bathing suit always showing.

majikarte

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
I want to believe that these are maybe like smaller and cheaper versions? And that there will also be nicer, larger, more expensive versions that have better articulation and don't have the molded bodices. And hopefully better faces too? This doesn't look like anything that comes anywhere near to competing with MH.

In a way, these almost make me think Happy Meal toys, but I think they're maybe a little too nice for that? But I feel weird calling them nice at all. Keeping my hopes up for something nicer.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
I think ppl should hold judgement until we know how big they are. If they are around Polly Pocket sized then the lack of articulation is expected since when have you seen something that small with elbows and knees? They better not be Monster High sized.

Well, there was that one Polly Pocket...

It... wasn't pretty. :P

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »
I doubt that they are not as small as polly pocket... because those 'pony tails' look almost like the regular g4 tails
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 05:50:34 PM »
These have to be fake, or at least very early prototypes.  They have horse ears, and the charcters in the movie have normal human ears.  They also have their cutie marks on their faces, which are missing in the trailer. 

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
Well I won't buy them because I collect My Little Pony, not dolls.

I do like that they have pony ears and tails? I see wings but no horns, no magic allowed? That's stupid though if they can't have magic then they shouldn't have wings to fly either.  :nuts:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »

I was thinking the boots and the tops look very polly pocket.  I am hoping they are tight rubber like that instead of molded straight to the doll.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal