collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Chrysalis on Taobao  (Read 4731 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Chrysalis on Taobao
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »
This is how I look at it. She is being made. We as a community wanted her, and Hasbro delivered. I'm not going to nit pick her wings or holes when I know that not too long ago, this pony probably would not have been made. Besides, all kids have this wondering thing called an imagination. They can pretend that she looks like whatever they want. Kind of like how us of the G1 generation pretended that some of our girl ponies were boys. Sometimes I think hasbro is in a no win situation. We as a community ask for things, and even when they give us something, it's not good enough. I can't believe that I am feeling bad for a corporation. lol

Anyway, I'll be getting her. I can't wait for this set to come out. New ponies plus Shining Armor and Cadance. I am excited to be getting the prince and princess without buying the castle!

This!! Exactly!!
  there are repeats in the set but so far there is always room for them in my display areas :)  I think I have the mane 6 sets all over and I still got me a new set with the mane 6 to keep MIB today LOL  I'm just happy there are new ponies coming out soon :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Phar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
I think she looks neat! Only vaguely related to the show design, but they did ok with what I can imagine was limited leeway. I like the clear casted wings and the fade to her carapace.

Just goes to show that customizers and artists who do original sculpts will not be going out of business anytime soon! : )

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
I don't think comparing the Hasbro Chrysalis to Hannaliten's is very fair. Hannaliten's is gorgeous and I'd kill for one, she is amazing and sooo show accurate. However Hannaliten charges a lot more than Hasbro does, they aren't meant to hold up to children playing and she isn't producing a boat load to fill stores, so she has means to make her Chrysalis totally amazing. Hasbro on the other hand has to make millions, they are meant to be toys and played with so they have to be somewhat durable. I think with all things considered Hasbro did a pretty decent job on her and I will definitely be buying one. I'm just grateful for new characters.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
My dad confirmed he can help me drill through a pony.

You know what that means! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
I don't think comparing the Hasbro Chrysalis to Hannaliten's is very fair. Hannaliten's is gorgeous and I'd kill for one, she is amazing and sooo show accurate. However Hannaliten charges a lot more than Hasbro does, they aren't meant to hold up to children playing and she isn't producing a boat load to fill stores, so she has means to make her Chrysalis totally amazing. Hasbro on the other hand has to make millions, they are meant to be toys and played with so they have to be somewhat durable. I think with all things considered Hasbro did a pretty decent job on her and I will definitely be buying one. I'm just grateful for new characters.

The only thing fragile about Hannaliten's is the wings- and it really wouldn't have been too much work for them to come up with a new mold.  Instead- they focused on that stupid Twilight with the pop up head, and re-designed the head for some of the unicorns.  At the very least they could have changed the carapace horn and ears.  Instead- they re-painted Celestia.  Way to cheap out Hasbro.

Doesn't mean I won't get one- but I am disappointed, and Hasbro did cheap out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal