collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Chrysalis on Taobao  (Read 4771 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Chrysalis on Taobao
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »
Sticker raaaaaaaaaage. :P

Like the wings though.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
welll..... its kind of an improvment ..... i guess...

still would it killed them to have done just a little more?   ..

like you dont even have to make a whole new body  mold...... what a bout a slightly diffrent head with a better horn? ...

the wings do look better i will say that, but ...  eehhh..
and they have done nothing with her sloppy paint work ..

i do like that they have stuck to that choise of hair colour tho.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
I like her, she looks absolutely sinister.

Wishing Well

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 01:00:45 AM »
I'll get her for the sheer fact that I collect the G4 Brushables.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:06 AM »
Looks much better than the pictures we saw from the Toy Fair! I love the wings. And her leg-holes shouldn't be too hard to fix up C:

I'd also like to point out that the green saddle people are talking about is, more accurately, a carapace. Like bugs have!
:fox:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 03:21:42 AM »
It's kinda sad considering how much FIM centered fans complain about wanting show accurate products and hasbro seems to give less and less of this with each passing year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not as show-accurate mad as others. And I know repainting molds has been a staple of toys since forever. But Chrysalis just strikes me as particularly cheap. That, Zecora's jewelry, Vinyl Scratch's goggles, Mrs. Cake's pudgy cheeks just an unpainted part of her eye sockets and others which have shown up here...

I know those I mentioned are all characters that bronies like, but Hasbro isn't doing a good job of pandering to them, or anyone. No new characters for the collectors, and no show-accurate ones for the kids and bronies... who are they aiming these toys at? :what:

They are aiming them at their core market - the market which accounts for the vast majority of sales. Little girls (and boys) - who honestly will be largely unfussed by her not being super show accurate.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:35 AM »
Oooh :D
I can overlook the sticker holes, shame she'll probably be in a set we won't get over here though D:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »
I thought briefly of this late last night. Being that this is a set that will be sold in Toys'r'Us, a children's toy store, and will inevitably be picked up by kids as toys, no matter the target consumer, maybe putting real holes in a toy would just make her too... breakable? I'm no customizer so I have no idea how a pony holds up when full of holes. But maybe they were thinking that her horn/wings/body with real holes would break during play or during shipping? I dunno, paint or holes makes no real difference to me, I'm just trying to think of why they'd go the paint route (other than that punching holes in her or making a hole filled mold would be too much work.)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »
Chrysalis is on Taobao now

Well unsurprisingly she doesn't look like Chrysalis, but I still like her as a pretty dark pony.   I honestly don't know how they could manage a mold like that anyway- waaaay too expensive.  They'd have to do it in many parts- and it would be complicated.

Guess I'll be saving up for another one of Hannaliten's!

THIS is what Chrysalis should look like- 
http://hannaliten.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Chrysalis-custom-ponies-x6-MLP-FiM-365247494#

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »

Well unsurprisingly she doesn't look like Chrysalis, but I still like her as a pretty dark pony.   I honestly don't know how they could manage a mold like that anyway- waaaay too expensive.  They'd have to do it in many parts- and it would be complicated.

Guess I'll be saving up for another one of Hannaliten's!

THIS is what Chrysalis should look like- 
http://hannaliten.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Chrysalis-custom-ponies-x6-MLP-FiM-365247494#

Now THAT'S a changeling!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
It's kinda sad considering how much FIM centered fans complain about wanting show accurate products and hasbro seems to give less and less of this with each passing year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not as show-accurate mad as others. And I know repainting molds has been a staple of toys since forever. But Chrysalis just strikes me as particularly cheap. That, Zecora's jewelry, Vinyl Scratch's goggles, Mrs. Cake's pudgy cheeks just an unpainted part of her eye sockets and others which have shown up here...

I know those I mentioned are all characters that bronies like, but Hasbro isn't doing a good job of pandering to them, or anyone. No new characters for the collectors, and no show-accurate ones for the kids and bronies... who are they aiming these toys at? :what:

They are aiming them at their core market - the market which accounts for the vast majority of sales. Little girls (and boys) - who honestly will be largely unfussed by her not being super show accurate.
Thank you (sincerely, it's one of my pet peeves) for the reminder that it's not about us--I think we all need that sometimes. ;) But I dunno, there are some kids who are sticklers for accuracy. When I was a kid, I don't think the holes would bother me, but the wings would.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2013, 05:37:41 AM »
Ooh, she's really pretty! I definately want her :D.

I agree, the holes were probably considered too fragile (or maybe they weren't considered 'marketable' enough? I can see that). Doesn't bother me too much tbh (except on the horn, the painted-on hole there looks kinda weird to me. It's prolly just the angle of the picture though, lol), I just wish the wings were a bit closer to how they are in the show. They are very pretty like this, though :D They kinda remind me of blue jays for some reason, haha.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2013, 07:27:43 AM »
This is how I look at it. She is being made. We as a community wanted her, and Hasbro delivered. I'm not going to nit pick her wings or holes when I know that not too long ago, this pony probably would not have been made. Besides, all kids have this wondering thing called an imagination. They can pretend that she looks like whatever they want. Kind of like how us of the G1 generation pretended that some of our girl ponies were boys. Sometimes I think hasbro is in a no win situation. We as a community ask for things, and even when they give us something, it's not good enough. I can't believe that I am feeling bad for a corporation. lol

Anyway, I'll be getting her. I can't wait for this set to come out. New ponies plus Shining Armor and Cadance. I am excited to be getting the prince and princess without buying the castle!

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
This is how I look at it. She is being made. We as a community wanted her, and Hasbro delivered. I'm not going to nit pick her wings or holes when I know that not too long ago, this pony probably would not have been made. Besides, all kids have this wondering thing called an imagination. They can pretend that she looks like whatever they want. Kind of like how us of the G1 generation pretended that some of our girl ponies were boys. Sometimes I think hasbro is in a no win situation. We as a community ask for things, and even when they give us something, it's not good enough. I can't believe that I am feeling bad for a corporation. lol

Anyway, I'll be getting her. I can't wait for this set to come out. New ponies plus Shining Armor and Cadance. I am excited to be getting the prince and princess without buying the castle!

This!! Exactly!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal