collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was Anypony Expecting Somebody Different in the 2nd TRU Fan Favorites?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
I know its a bit late but what the hay  ^.^
Here's what I was expecting to be in this years Fan Favorites
Queen Chrysalis (of course
Bon Bon (or Sweetie Drops)
Octavia
Spitfire (if not a single release or perhaps a special 3pack of the wonderbolts)
A couple of the mane 6 (Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, since in my opinion they're 2nd to RD&PP)
Bubbles (I'm pretty sure y'all know who I'm talking about  :P)

That's what I expected. But now the truth has been released, the only one issue I have is Lyrcia(pretty sure I didn't spell it right :s)...who the heck is that?! D:> and how on Equestria is she a fan fave? I don't see fans being obsessed with her. I've haven't came across any FIMfics of her, and I haven't seen any artwork of her :/
Hasbro's trying to be slick :/ but as a collector I must get the set, despite my indifference to it :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:25:20 AM by Twilight Pink Navarro »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Lyrica  Don't even know why she's in there.

I was at least expecting big mac or shining armour that was in brushable form. Not the leftover crap from the castle set. That's just cheap IMHO.

Bon Bon would have been cute to go with Lyra.

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Lyrica just came out of no where, didn't she? XD Apart from being a sort of "accessory" to Lyra as her fanon mother, I haven't seen people really pay much attention to her.

And Diamond Tiara is a fan favorite? :O I didn't think the fans were THAT keen on her...

BlueWolf

If only there were a Bon Bon.  I really want a Bon Bon or a Thunderlane, and now that you say it, I'm surprised that they don't have a Big Mac yet.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Sometimes I just get frustrated at Hasbro. It almost seems like they are ignoring what could be their best-selling line of toys. They don't make anything new, even the special packs don't have the things that people actually want, and why ISN'T there a Big Mac yet? I don't want to keep buying the mane 6, I want someone new. I WANT to spend my money, but they aren't letting me. Maybe someone at Hasbro made a bet that they could run a super-awesome line like My Little Pony into the ground, and now they're doing it? Because this is what killed them before.

Sorry about that little rant there. I was just reading yet another thread about the things Hasbro should be doing, and realized I was genuinely ANGRY about it. I don't get angry that much, especially about things that I don't have any control over, but c'mon! Just make the dang toys so I can buy them!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes Lyrica lol she's actually in a lot of episodes and has a line in the Grand Galloping Gala episode. I'm really glad the added her. I could live without another Lyra though. I thought that was silly adding her when there's Lyrica in the set.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
New ponies are new ponies for me and I admit I like Lyrica....but that being said I find her an odd inclusion in a "favourites" pack.

4 new ponies [only 3 of which are "favourites] and 3 repeats, I agree is a little disappointing.

I cant help but hope perhaps Hasbro has greater things planned for all those main and loved characters who are simply not getting a release.

The lack of Big Mac, considering they have already released 1 boy pony in SA, is an on going disappointment.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Sometimes I just get frustrated at Hasbro. It almost seems like they are ignoring what could be their best-selling line of toys. They don't make anything new, even the special packs don't have the things that people actually want, and why ISN'T there a Big Mac yet? I don't want to keep buying the mane 6, I want someone new. I WANT to spend my money, but they aren't letting me. Maybe someone at Hasbro made a bet that they could run a super-awesome line like My Little Pony into the ground, and now they're doing it? Because this is what killed them before.

Sorry about that little rant there. I was just reading yet another thread about the things Hasbro should be doing, and realized I was genuinely ANGRY about it. I don't get angry that much, especially about things that I don't have any control over, but c'mon! Just make the dang toys so I can buy them!

Exactly. I am disappointed too with the lack of characters and only one boy pony. I feel like anybody who isn't in the mane 6 or A PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS will ever have a toy. It's ridiculous how there is no Big Mac.

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Where can I see what is in the 2nd Fan Favourites collection?  I can't find a link anywhere.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
We dont have promo shots yet...

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
While i don't care a great deal about Lyrica (it's the recycled cutie mark and name), i really don't mind Hasbro doing something unexpected.
Let's be honest, if they would stick to the "fan favorites" we would just get a second "mane 6". We already got Drama pony, Dr. Whooves and Vinyl Scratch slapped on every piece of merchandise out there. They are slowly becoming as overused as the main 6 themselves. Not to mention that the line is far from dead and that Hasbro seems to mostly release show characters these days...so i feel fairly sure we will be seeing Bonbon & co in the future. It would also be better if they got a regular, worldwide release instead of only being released in the fan favorites pack.

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks Hathorcat!

I love having a Brushable :muffin: Pony, Diamond (Dazzle) Tiara and Chrysalis.  I think Lyrica is pretty.

I'm a bit surprised to be getting Shining Armour and Cadance since I already got them in the castle playset, and Lyra.  I'd rather have had Big Mac, Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops and Octavia - characters who haven't been brushables yet.  I'd also like Silver Spoon to go with Diamond Tiara.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
I was expecting Octavia and a different male (didn't really matter who) just not another Shining armor

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

popyduggan

I wanted Big Mac instead of prince charming.

Edit: Oh wow, Cadance is in there too! I must've been so excited about another Cadance that I forgot about another Cadance.

She was like, in what, 5 episodes? So yeah, it makes sense that she gets 38 brushables where some characters don't even get one. It's totally fair.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:45:16 AM by popyduggan »

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
I'm also disappointed that it's Cadance and SA rather than new brushables...and I don't even own either of them yet! I am oddly okay with there being a Lyra in there, though, as long as she will have that nice forest green color hair like she does in the photo above. She's like a variant of the one already released. =P

Lyrica is also a rather random choice if you ask me, though I don't read fanfiction or pay much attention to the fandom, so for all I know she will be well received by the bronies. I just wish they would have changed her symbol, even if it just one small detail about it.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal