collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was Anypony Expecting Somebody Different in the 2nd TRU Fan Favorites?  (Read 1816 times)

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
I was unable to buy the first TRU fan favorites, but this one I will probably get just because I want Diamond Tiara..I love the filly molds they are just adorable! and my Diamond Tiara will be nice and sweet to my CMC. :P I hope that since they made the other little filly in the mrs.cake set, that they will start making more fillies, because I think a lot of us would go nuts over them.

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
Shining Armor doesn't bother me too much as this will mean people can get him without buying the castle. But we really didn't need another flippin' Princess Cadence. :| I've got nothing against the character, but do we really require a thousand or so versions of a brushable in the same pose?

I don't mind Lyrica at all because she's a new brushable character! :newpony:

I don't think this is a "Fan Favorites" set so much as "Randomly-Slap-Some-Brushables-Together Set". :P
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
I definitely would have gone all in for a Big Mac character instead of SA.
But I do agree that any new pony is a good thing so at least there are a few new ones in the set.

Anyone any ideas on what the mane six ponies will look like in this set? I mean like the last set the main difference was that the symbols had glitter over them - that made me keep them rather than trade them out. Anything like that with this set do we know?

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Don't forget, princess ponies are popular among the target audience.  Which makes me wonder if they'll add another in season four, since they seem to add a princess with every extra season.

I didn't bother with the last set and probably won't with this since they cost so much and I don't really like the selected characters.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection

Anyone any ideas on what the mane six ponies will look like in this set? I mean like the last set the main difference was that the symbols had glitter over them - that made me keep them rather than trade them out. Anything like that with this set do we know?
Under the description part it says they have glitter symbols. And isn't Rainbow Dash as shadowbolt suppose to be included in this set?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:53:05 PM by Unicorn_pops »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Under the description part it says they have glitter symbols. And isn't Rainbow Dash as shadowbolt suppose to be included in this set?

Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash will be a single release like last year's Zecora.

Last year's favorite set had 2 of the mane six in it so I am not surprised that this years set has a few rereleases.  Plus, it also had Trixie who was released as a single at the same time.  So I guess this year it is the exact same thing except we get Shining Armour and Cadence (I suspect that Shining Armour will never be released without Cadence) instead of 2 more of the mane six.  I guess that is something of an improvement.

Add me in the camp of those who find it odd that they decided to release Lyrica and Lyra in the same set.  And I am also anxious for a Big Mac (I wouldn't mind a Granny Smith either.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:06:07 PM by Sunset »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
I dunno. Yeah, I would have liked to see other ponies, but I'm pretty pleased that there's 4 new brushables in this set. Anything other than the Mane 6 and princesses gets me excited.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I definitely would have gone all in for a Big Mac character instead of SA.
But I do agree that any new pony is a good thing so at least there are a few new ones in the set.

None of the main 6 are included in this set - just the 7 ponies pictured :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I didn't really have any specific expectations, but I was hoping for less rereleased characters (SA, Cadance, Lyra) :/

I'm the most disappointed in Chrysalis - she has one of the coolest designs in the show, and yet her brushable is just a recolored Celestia. -facepalms- They could have done so much more with her.

Generally I just want a better variety from Hasbro - why they don't realize that collectors and parents would be more willing to buy new characters instead of the mane 6/princesses over and over again is beyond me. Plus the lack of stallions and different poses... and even color schemes. Previous gens had ponies in all colors, yet G4 is dominated by pink. I highly doubt every girl out there wants every single one of her belongings to be pink.  -_-

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I didn't really have any specific expectations, but I was hoping for less rereleased characters (SA, Cadance, Lyra) :/

I'm the most disappointed in Chrysalis - she has one of the coolest designs in the show, and yet her brushable is just a recolored Celestia. -facepalms- They could have done so much more with her.

Generally I just want a better variety from Hasbro - why they don't realize that collectors and parents would be more willing to buy new characters instead of the mane 6/princesses over and over again is beyond me. Plus the lack of stallions and different poses... and even color schemes. Previous gens had ponies in all colors, yet G4 is dominated by pink. I highly doubt every girl out there wants every single one of her belongings to be pink.  -_-

Quite a few of us are disappointed with this. BUT there is always hope that funko will produce a villain or two in their second series of pony releases next year.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
While i don't care a great deal about Lyrica (it's the recycled cutie mark and name), i really don't mind Hasbro doing something unexpected.
Let's be honest, if they would stick to the "fan favorites" we would just get a second "mane 6". We already got Drama pony, Dr. Whooves and Vinyl Scratch slapped on every piece of merchandise out there. They are slowly becoming as overused as the main 6 themselves. Not to mention that the line is far from dead and that Hasbro seems to mostly release show characters these days...so i feel fairly sure we will be seeing Bonbon & co in the future. It would also be better if they got a regular, worldwide release instead of only being released in the fan favorites pack.

I completely agree.

And I'm honestly kind of pleased that Cadance and Shining Armor are included. Now I don't have to buy the entire castle playset to get them.

I'm also surprised there isn't a Big Macintosh yet. They have Applejack and Apple Bloom already, there's a boy pony mould whose facial structure looks more like Big Mac than SA anyway--they could easily throw together an Apple Family playset. Heck, I'm sure Granny Smith would be easy to do, too. All they need to do is give her a different eye mould. It's what they did with Mrs. Cake.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I feel like I am the only one happy with the new Shining Armor.  He is actually painted properly this time.  The one with the castle had white hooves while this one gives him the blue hooves like he does in the show.  The only pony I would be getting a repeat of with this set is Cadance.  All the others would be new to me and that's pretty darn cool.  Plus I am really excited for Lyrica.  Her design is really nice and she's purple.  I want more purple ponies.  I see a bright future for hasbro and tons of new surprises.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal