collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 85241 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #510 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:41 AM »
The Ariel and Eric dolls are on the Disney Store website now. I hope everyone that wasn't able to get them yesterday can get them today. :)
Ponyfan

Changing my original post from earlier slightly (for anyone who read it)

I am VERY disappointed by this mornings/last nights Disney Store website release of the dolls. I have read the official blog multiple times over the last few months, and all the official pamphlets that have been available. ALL of them have stated (as well as the employees at various Disney Stores I have talked to) that the dolls would be available at 12:01am on the Disney Store website. I stayed up so I could try and get the doll that way since I was unable to get one earlier in the day (tried, but didn't get selected).

I was logged in 15minutes before they were to be released, I continually was refreshing the pages. At 12:01am, the dolls did not appear. 12:02, no dolls, 12:03, no dolls......I went back to the Disney store blog (in another window). NOTHING. I kept trying to find them on the website. NOTHING. At about 12:10 (10 minutes after release) I discovered (by searching the internet) that the active link to purchase the dolls on the Disney Store website had been posted to FACEBOOK! (which I don't have an account)  (Edit: I have looked back at the link from last night and I think it was an unofficial blog that had the link it was called "Disney Limited Edition Dolls")

So the only way to get them (that I found last night) was to follow the Facebook link. By the time I did this, I managed to get one in my "cart" and started to checkout and I was then told (pop up message) that "This item is no longer available". The doll sold out for the US release in just 12minutes. Which was right as I had been trying to order it. :(

Am I disappointed that I did not get the doll? Yes. (Editing out some stuff from earlier, since I went back and did some info digging) Here is the thing that is bothering me. As I said above, the website was not loading any doll listing last night. I actually had started to look off and on already at 9pm (thinking perhaps they would pre-load the information page) I continued to look (just because I can be stubborn like that sometimes when frustrated) about 20min after it had failed to let me buy the doll. I searched for every keyword you could imagine last night after I couldn't buy them. They simply were not there. So how is it that a blog had the link? I am going to take a guess here that maybe they somehow had a product number and that if someone had the product number they could maybe access the page. I have re-looked over all the promotional materials I have, no product number is on any of it. I know from previous experiences with the website, that if you have the product number you can find an item that way (I used to use the number when they still had catalogs).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:09:38 AM by toyjunky »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »
I'm sorry Toyjunky. :( I still see them when I log on to the Disney Store website with and Add to Bag button, but I just tried to add them to my bag and it says not available.  I thought when I saw them this morning that people could still buy them.  They should take them off the website if they're aren't anymore left.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2013, 02:13:50 AM »
I'm pretty disappointed. I had purchased the set and then not 10 mins later I was refunded saying that it was no longer available. I'm truly dissappointed in the whole thing. So I feel you toyjunky. Not the most professional thing by announcing the link on there Facebook. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2013, 04:45:17 AM »
I'm sorry for you too, SwordPony. :(  I wasn't able to even try for them but I can understand why you and Toyjunky are upset. I'd be upset too if I was able to try for them and due to Disney's poor handling of the sale both in store and online I didn't get one.   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2013, 05:00:26 AM »
Wow- I had no idea they would be that popular!  I'm sorry you missed out on your dolls Swordpony-  I have to assume that some of those buyers must have been scalpers that jumped in after seeing how fast the other limited edition Ariel sold out-

10 minutes isn't very long at all for an edition size of 6,000  - 

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2013, 05:15:43 AM »
Sorry guys. I knew she would be popular, she is ariel after all, but selling out in 10min is insane

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 16, 2013, 05:29:03 AM »
Yeah I'm sure some of them were scalpers and I can't afford ebays prices.

Just pretty disappointing I've never cared much for limited dolls before but I did like that set. I guess it's for the best.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
Wow- definitely scalpers- the ebay prices for her ALREADY are insane !

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:34 AM »
I knew the Ariel/Eric set would sell out quick, but 10 minutes? :shocked: I kept refreshing the page and wasn't getting anything after about 6 minutes. I checked the Disney Limited Edition Dolls FB page and they had a link to the dolls so I used that and was able to get them. It's insane how fast they sold out :shocked:
My Wish List

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
That's terrible!  I know how much you were looking forward to these dolls.  It seems very unfair.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:01 AM »
New Frozen Trailer!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwnQMfJBnrQ

I NEED to watch this movie right now!!! I don't want to wait anymore  :yikes:

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:48 AM »
Love the new trailer makes me wanna see it even more now!!!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 18, 2013, 04:36:31 AM »
I can't believe how fast Ariel and Eric sold out!  Snow White and Rapunzel were available for days before selling out. 

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 18, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »
Snow was two weeks.
Rapunzel one full week.
Jasmine had at least three days.
Belle I think was a couple of hours.
Ariel: 15 minutes.  Woah!

I wish they had done Ariel first.  I think she would have lasted longer.  Next year they are talking about doing the second set of princesses and princes but I don't think they will go as fast as these.  This year was all the really popular princesses all at once. 

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 18, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
Of the remaining princesses, I'm really looking forward to Mulan and Shang :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal