collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37676 times)

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »
4. Briar - I really dislike her whole personality as well as the overuse of words such as 'like', 'totally', etc. It would be wonderful to see characters with a broader vocabulary. Too many people already overuse those sort of words in reality, and it's becoming quite disconcerting!

So in gist, I'm not really a fan of the theme itself, and I find Briar and Apple a bit annoying, but I'm going to try to keep an open mind. If I love the dolls, I will surely get a few. But if the story line continues as it is, I probably won't be watching the videos.

I agree,Briar and Apple are a bit annoying and air-headed,But so pretty T_T As it is Mattel gets 100% of every penny I get on Monster High,Now I'm gonna have to somehow split my money for EAH and MH,Sweet baby Jesus this is gonna be tough.

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
Has the Chesire cat one shown yet? I'm in love with Maddie Hatter :D

Aeryala posted a picture of her on page 15 :)
Awwww! So cute!! INeed to hurry up and get the rest of the Winx and Twyla... anndddd Gigi...
I need money NOW!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

animal_lover

« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2013, 07:53:55 PM »
OMG! OMG! OMG!

I literally squealed with excitement like a little girl when I saw everything on the website! IT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME!

I will still have to wait and see what the actual dolls look like before I commit 100% but I am most definitely interested!

My favorites so far are Raven Queen, Maddie, and the Red Queen. Kitty Cheshire seems interesting too but I'm not sure how well she'll translate into a doll. I'm kind of confused by the coloring they gave her and the weird cat ear hat. Everyone from alice in wonderland seems to have vibrant, quirky coloring. And then you have kitty who's in all pastel blue and white. Idk, just seems a little random and a little disappointing to me. I LOVE her hair, although I doubt it will actually be like that in doll form.

It is a little disappointing all their faces are the same but I'm just SO glad that some of the characters still have enough "edge" to them that I'm still interested. And satisfies everyone's tastes by having both softer dolls and then also the more edgy ones.

I'll definitely be siding with rebel!! But who couldn't have seen that one coming?  :lol:

nyanpotato

« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »

Awwww! So cute!! INeed to hurry up and get the rest of the Winx and Twyla... anndddd Gigi...
I need money NOW!
I still need PD wave 1 and 2,DC Robecca&Oppie,DT wave 2,Ghouls rule,All the 13 wishes dolls,Most of the Scaris dolls,Sig Robecca,Venus&Rochelle....
Thats only some of the dolls that are here that I need...

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
I really hope we get a preview of the dolls before SDCC. I just have 8 more dolls (PD Lagoona, 2 13 Wishes Lagoonas, 2 GNO Lagoonas, I <3 Shoes Cleo and 13 Wishes Cleo) to get and then I'm all set for Monster High. It won't be too hard for me to balance between thankfully. I was really hoping I wouldn't fall in love with all the characters, but it happened anyways. :cry: I also hope they will be doing weekly webisodes or at least do something new every week instead of just giving us this and leaving us hanging for the next month or so! :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

animal_lover

« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »

I need money NOW!
I still need PD wave 1 and 2,DC Robecca&Oppie,DT wave 2,Ghouls rule,All the 13 wishes dolls,Most of the Scaris dolls,Sig Robecca,Venus&Rochelle....

Just throwing it out there that I have a few of those dolls for sale if you can't find them.

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
According to the bio, Kitty Cheshire and Maddie are gonna be roomies!! She had to be important then!! AHHH My wallet's already cowering in terror! :bateyes:

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

I need money NOW!
Watch them release the EAH dolls as soon as all of the super pretty new dolls come out in Juiy! I hope they're out by June, I have a $40 voucher to spend!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:05:08 PM by Mintymints »

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

animal_lover

« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
Oh and I also forgot to mention that I still really really REALLY hope they do a beauty and the beast equivalent character.

I would DIE!

Come on mattel! What's a better lesson for little girls than to learn to love people for who they are and not what they look like!

angelfish

« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »
Is anyone else bummed that Cupid looks 'prettified' for this?  I loved her bone wings and her elegantly creepy design.  I do like the idea that she might 'change' when moving from world to world.  I am excited by new Cupid dolls but not if they're the usual Barbie/pink/girly.  I think the idea is cute but I miss the diverse looks of the MH faces.  The Big Bad Wolf girl is cool though...and might make a great friend for Howleen..:)  It will be interesting to see how these do against MH, little girls love fairy tales/princess stuff so this line has the chance to become even more popular than MH.  I think I'll always prefer MH though, I just love my horror and monsters too much... :) 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »
I really do think that the dolls will have their own face/head molds  ^.^ Even Barbie & co. have a ton of different molds, so with all the time and effort that it seems Mattel is pouring into EAH I can't see them sticking all the characters with the same head.

At least I hope that's the case :D But as with Pullips, it's a wonder what a faceup can do to change the entire look of an exact same mold! I can love either way  :biggrin:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2013, 08:18:35 PM »
I honestly think it's just easier to make them have similar faces for the webisodes so I'm not worried about them having similar faces for their doll counterparts. As long as they look pretty I'm gonna buy 'em!
-Bow Tie

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
Oh and I also forgot to mention that I still really really REALLY hope they do a beauty and the beast equivalent character.

I would DIE!

Come on mattel! What's a better lesson for little girls than to learn to love people for who they are and not what they look like!

I'd love to see them do beauty and the beast. They could like a brother/sister set for them.

I kinda like Cupid's changes. She had bone wings for MH and now she has feathered wings for EAH. It's kinda neat that changed her look.

I'm also a fan of Apple and Briar. I've never cared much for Snow White but her daughter is someone I can like. And I've always loved Sleeping Beauty!!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
Doll pictures! We've got doll pictures courtesy of tumblr!!!

-Bow Tie

nyanpotato

« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
Doll pictures! We've got doll pictures courtesy of tumblr!!!

:shocked: I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! So they DO have MH bodies!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »
:shocked: I just adore them so much! They're beautiful! I can't wait to have them! And their boxes are beautiful too! I would love to keep them in box, but they totes need to be free!
-Bow Tie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal