collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone who collects Little Mermaid dolls, or Disney Princess dolls in general...  (Read 415 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I am looking to start a collection of character dolls from The Little Mermaid but there are so many different ones it seems and I don't really know where to start. Which ones are the most well made and highest quality?

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
The original Tyco ones are nice if you find them in good condition.  They even had some of her sisters I believe.  Do a search on eBay for Disney Little Mermaid in dolls and see what you come up with.  Some very nice ones seem to be up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Ooh I just made a thread on one I have received today , she is my personal favourite Ariel doll http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,331342.0.html
But she is porcelain I don't know if you mean the more typical ones (Those are amazing too!) I have a childhood one from the 80's that is lovely I am not sure what brand she is (I will find out). But I'm not really a collector of Disney dolls I'm sure others here can help out
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Well, the first thing to decide is probably if you want the collector dolls, or are just wanting any dolls. There are a variety of collector dolls, but limited mainly to Ariel and Ursula.

If you were wanting to collect a series of characters, Tyco made Ariel, Eric, and her sister Arista. They also made a couple other doll friends that were from the TV series, but not the movie. Mattel has made Ariel, Eric, Arista, and Attina as well as an Ursula (collector doll). A number of years ago, the Disney Store actually sold Ariel and all of her sisters as dolls but they were very awkward in proportions and appearance and were more like hand held toys than true dolls. The Disney Store itself has released Ariel, Eric, Triton and Ursula in a regular doll design. Melody (Ariel's daughter) was released as a Toys R Us Exclusive and was made by Jakks Pacific. There has been more recent "sister" dolls by Disney in a miniature doll (think for a playset), but they honestly don't have any character design, just different color hair and tail, and not even styled as hey should.

If you were to collect Ariel herself, it would be a good thing to decide on what depiction of Ariel you are looking for. The Tyco dolls, which is the original company that had the license, depict her as very young. The Mattel dolls that came later on in the 90's depict her a little more mature. The Disney made ones are more mature as well when compared to the Tyco. I would also consider what form of Ariel you are interested in, as a mermaid, a human or both.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal