collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A new G4 Minty!  (Read 50464 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A new G4 Minty!
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2013, 07:12:09 AM »
I got my Minties today! They are the ones with the outline, but I think they are gorgeous!
They have no numbers under their hooves, what does that mean?

Quite possibly she will be in a set and the numbers are/will be on the box like the fan favorites from Toys R Us. That's my guess.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2013, 07:20:52 AM »
I got my Minties today! They are the ones with the outline, but I think they are gorgeous!

Quite possibly she will be in a set and the numbers are/will be on the box like the fan favorites from Toys R Us. That's my guess.

Oh god, it would be so awesome if they did something like a "G3 Favorites" set. I mean, we already have Minty and recently we saw Wysteria popping up... Please make my wish come true, Hasbro!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »

Oh god, it would be so awesome if they did something like a "G3 Favorites" set. I mean, we already have Minty and recently we saw Wysteria popping up... Please make my wish come true, Hasbro!

who knows! I would say at this point, anything is possible this year due to the anniversary.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:10 AM »
No black numbers under her foot at all? Now that is really curious - that is the manufacture date so every single one of them should be stamped with it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
Hey, might I ask if they're an aqua green like most eBay photos have, or is she more of a minty green like the 2011 one?  :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »
I've looked through my collection and ponies that came in sets often don't have numbers on their hooves. So to me that says if she's released she's going to be in a set of some sort. I'm super excited and hopeful that they're going to release her.  :biggrin:

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
I liked the first one we saw much better, it looked so much more finished. The two-toned hair went much better with the peppermint theme. The new one's color reminds me of a bar of soap and the black outline seems like a very strange thing to add, and is especially jarring since there's no other black in the symbol.

Personally, I think the second one looks like a slapdash job compared to how nicely the features of the first one seemed to blend (even the eye color). I would have guessed it was a factory error/reject prototype if it wasn't for the numbers it was released in.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »

I would be very pleased at a development like this and yet very annoyed that so many G3 have made the jump to G4 and yet virtually no G1 have.  They don't seem to have a problem using G1 for merchandising.  Why isn't there more G1 characters represented in the toys?

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »

I would be very pleased at a development like this and yet very annoyed that so many G3 have made the jump to G4 and yet virtually no G1 have.  They don't seem to have a problem using G1 for merchandising.  Why isn't there more G1 characters represented in the toys?

I agree, so many g3 have been released as g4, and still only Applejack and Spike have been released from g1, do they dont seem have any problems with selling merchandise of Sundance and Sparkler and some other g1s.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Wow a G3 favorites set would be seriously awesome- and so appropriate for the 30 year anniversary!

Maybe a G1-3 favorites set even?

Bring on the sets!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »
Wow a G3 favorites set would be seriously awesome- and so appropriate for the 30 year anniversary!

Maybe a G1-3 favorites set even?

Bring on the sets!
Yes that would be awesome! There's so many different things Hasbro could do to make a pile of money...I wish they'd take ideas from us
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »

I remember reading that Hasbro has some name licensing issues for most of the characters and (from what I've seen) Hasbro's pretty bent on not selling a toy unless they have a trademarkable name for it.

Course, all that means is that we won't ever get a Firefly that says Firefly on the box. It might say "Flyfire" or something else on it, but hey, the fans know;)

As to why beyond that, no idea. Maybe Hasbro thinks G3 is still fresh in people's minds so they go for that (or they still own the names and are all "we could rename Surprise and get it trademarked OR sell Minty. The latter takes less effort let's do that") Still, it's kind of weird that they don't go for the adult nostalgia market and make a playful pony set with G1s in G4 molds. Kids can still have fun with a brushable Gusty. They might not geek out over her like their parents might, but they can still have fun with her.

Shirts and non-toy items don't really count because they probably still own the designs and you don't need to have the pony's name on the shirt:p

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »
If they made a G1 set and it had gusty or shady in it, I think I would probably explode. Into a million pieces.

I really am excited that minty is popping up again, though. Hopefully I'll be able to get one this time. I don't really mind the outline on her symbol that much.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »
Oh gosh!!! I am getting all excited just reading what your all saying!!!! 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
I've looked through my collection and ponies that came in sets often don't have numbers on their hooves. So to me that says if she's released she's going to be in a set of some sort. I'm super excited and hopeful that they're going to release her.  :biggrin:

:) Can you tell me which ponies that falls under? As I have ponies which were in packs and they have the stamps so I am wondering which sets specifically don't have manufacturing dates? Cool to know!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal