collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A new G4 Minty!  (Read 51258 times)

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Re: A new G4 Minty!
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:15 AM »
Maybe Hasbro dangled the first Mintys in front of us to test how we'd react, if she'd be desirable and they saw our reaction, how much we want her made and now they are trying a new Minty concept...just a thought...

Oh my goodness that would be some serious trolling! :blink: "Look what we made, but there are only 12" *Hasbro sits back and watches everyone fight over the limited amount of Mintys*

We should write a book about the Minty conspiracy :P

Are there really only 12 known Mintys? Is mine counted in too? I thought there were even less...

You know, once I gett my Minty, I could pair her with my Baby Molasses and take photos of them...I know how much you guys love pairing them together XD
Oh and by the way, here is a small update: Minty have arrived at the agents' office!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2013, 07:37:48 AM »
Maybe Hasbro dangled the first Mintys in front of us to test how we'd react, if she'd be desirable and they saw our reaction, how much we want her made and now they are trying a new Minty concept...just a thought...

I wanna say I heard that there were only like...3 of the first Minty's that have surfaced.  And so who knows how many have actually been made.  12 would be a conservative number.

Oh my goodness that would be some serious trolling! :blink: "Look what we made, but there are only 12" *Hasbro sits back and watches everyone fight over the limited amount of Mintys*

Are there really only 12 known Mintys? Is mine counted in too? I thought there were even less...

You know, once I gett my Minty, I could pair her with my Baby Molasses and take photos of them...I know how much you guys love pairing them together XD
Oh and by the way, here is a small update: Minty have arrived at the agents' office!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »

Woot woot! Hope they get her to you soon  :)

12 was an estimate (I am pretty sure there are less than a dozen). Alright, I did some number digging for Minty. The ebay seller who had the majority of them sold 7 of them (all she had). Someone else bought a Minty directly from Taobao. So, we know there are at least 8.  I thought I had heard that there was an additional Taobao listing of 2, that someone else had bought, but I am not sure whether or not that is included in the original count.

So, there are at least 8 of the old Mintys. Now yours can be Minty 9.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot to mention that I watched most of them get sold on ebay, and I agree with the  number that the ebay seller said. I think of the original 8, there have been 2 or 3 re-sales.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:42:34 AM by BrightIdea »

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »

12 was an estimate (I am pretty sure there are less than a dozen). Alright, I did some number digging for Minty. The ebay seller who had the majority of them sold 7 of them (all she had). Someone else bought a Minty directly from Taobao. So, we know there are at least 8.  I thought I had heard that there was an additional Taobao listing of 2, that someone else had bought, but I am not sure whether or not that is included in the original count.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot to mention that I watched most of them get sold on ebay, and I agree with the  number that the ebay seller said. I think of the original 8, there have been 2 or 3 re-sales.

What price did they sell for on average?  And what was the time frame?

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »

What price did they sell for on average?  And what was the time frame?

Oooo yeah good question!! I'd like to know this too
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2013, 08:51:05 AM »
Unfortunately I didn't record any of this (I wish I wrote it down), but the sales went approximately something like this over time:

Pony 1: (straight from Taobao ~$5 bucks)
Pony 2: $150
Pony 3: $125
Pony 4: $90
Pony 5: $70
pony 6: $70
Pony 7: $125
Resale of Pony 7: $70 (I bought that)
Resale of a Pony: Ebay said both $400 something and $600 something so I was confused by that
Pony 8: $319

The only numbers I know for sure are the resale of pony 7 and the sale of pony 8, as I was unable to find the rest of the numbers. If anyone has the real numbers, feel free to correct this. I feel like I forgot one of the resales too.

As for timeframe, 1-7 were probably all sold around August/September of 2011. I bought mine Christmas 2011. The latest one was sold November 3rd 2012.

Her manufacture date is January 7th 2011.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:00:26 AM by BrightIdea »

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
Thanks so much for that info BrightIdea. Wow whoever got the one straight from Taobao is one lucky pony
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Chinabun

A new G4 Minty!
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »
OMG huge fan-girl scream!!!  I need this pony like I need I need shoes:).  Please let her get a release Hasbro!

Yes!!! This is how I feel!!! I NEED this pony!! :lol:

I'll third this! :happy:

{Riding round on my iPhone - i apologize for any autocorrect}

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
oh man this would be a dream come true...

not gonna think hasbro is gonna do a set for the fair... my guess is a styling size pinkie in that black,pink, white theme thing - don't trust hasbro do not go chinzy especially after not doing a separate fair and SDCC pony and just going all ditzy doo

yep = adding all my hooves crossed and waiting to see what happens :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
Oooooh....yes!  Maybe she could be for the fair!!!  Hasbro would totally score with the collectors community if they decided to make her the exclusive!  :lovey:

After all, they released Ditzy :muffin: Pony for the fanbase last year, maybe Minty this year???  Here's hoping!  :frolic:

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
oh man this would be a dream come true...

not gonna think hasbro is gonna do a set for the fair... my guess is a styling size pinkie in that black,pink, white theme thing - don't trust hasbro do not go chinzy especially after not doing a separate fair and SDCC pony and just going all ditzy doo

yep = adding all my hooves crossed and waiting to see what happens :-)

Oh- don't worry about the FS black/pink/white pinkie- we have received confirmation that she is NOT the fair pony.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
well thank goodness you got intel that FS pinkie is not the Fair pony = cool color combo = but man for $50 plus all the other expenses I have to admit that I'd be disappointed regardless of cool box art

man, I would so love Minty to be a regular brushable!  Just yah, lose the black lining the symbols

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
WOW!! $300 and some dollars for a pony!!!! WOW!

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »
I'd pay it for Minty lol but then again I'm crazy :lol:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
Didnt one on ebay sell for about $600+? I had it saved on my wishlist a looong time ago but i went thru my wishlist a while ago and deleted it by accident! T-T I cant remember if it sold for $600 or $900! Thats a LOT of money for a pony! =O

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal