collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45249 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #1170 on: May 29, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »
I thought I wanted Music Festival Venus, but the actual doll doesn't look nearly as nice as the promo pics. I guess I'll just wait to see what GNO Venus looks like. I'm still kind of torn on Heath. I like him and Abbey on the show, but I don't think the doll looks enough like him and I also don't like that his doll is taller than Abbey.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
I do have one nitpick, though.  The Music Festival boxes don't say "Music Festival" on them, and they also don't list the music each doll represents:(  Because I'm a crazed fan, I know what's going on, who's who, and what not, but from an outsider's point of view, these look so very basic:(  It's those small details I value most. 

I'm thinking the lack of title on them is just because it's international packaging  ^.^ Our Dead Tired, Roller Maze, Dance Class etc lines never have the line's name on them, just the little image. (Same with some deluxe lines, like GNO etc). It was weird when even the American Swim dolls didn't have a name, but I think that was just a fluke (super-duper-budget line thing? lol). I'd bet when the all-English boxes show up these ghouls will say Music Festival on the image circle :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 29, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
That thought did cross my mind at first. I meant to check where these were found, but forgot and started to rant instead :lol:  I hope you're right!  I don't know why stupid little things like that bother me :rolleyes:  It takes all kinds :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »
I adore the boxes and the art for the Music Festival dolls! I really want Abbey and Venus, but I have to stick to Lagoona/Cleo and their mansters only. :cry: Anyone wanna give up the boxes for Venus and Abbey so I can have their artwork? :lol:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:50 AM »
I kind of want two Heaths, one to leave as is and one to, if possible, customize with brushable hair.

Also loving Abbey's music festival outfit.

Are you ever going to pretend Heath got excited and light the hair on fire?   :P

lol.  You know, maybe if Heath used a little less hair spray, that wouldn't happen so often!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
Oooh, I wasn't a fan of Clawdeen from the promo photo, but looking at these in-box photos.. *_* I hope the Music Festival dolls will be out over here soon, she's lovely~

I love their box-art, too! Very eye-catching.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 30, 2013, 08:13:57 AM »
Music festival dolls and now haunt the casbah dolls are showing up in my city too!

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1177 on: May 30, 2013, 08:18:09 AM »
I will never understand why they chose to use Abbey for the Hippie look. I always saw Lagoona as the flower girl. Love all the wild box arts, though! :)
This ^, and the Swim Line Lagoona in particular, to me she screams Hippy Chic.  I have been looking around to put together a really good Hippy outfit for her.  I would not have included Abbey in the music festival line frankly.  I think Oppie should have been put in instead of Abbey on the first release of them.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 30, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »
There is/has been quite a lot of Abbey lately.. I wonder if she sells well? Or is it just my perception?

I agree that Gonna would have been a better Hippie & Operetta would have fit better in this line in general. (..and I like Abbey. But like Lala all her releases are just so.darn.similar.!!! I have a sig, and even tho I liked all of her incarnations so far, the next I'm gonna buy will be the Two-Pack, for I really like that Candy-Cane Hair)

Shahaila

« Reply #1179 on: May 30, 2013, 09:31:08 AM »
I agree that Gonna would have been a better Hippie & Operetta would have fit better in this line in general. (..and I like Abbey. But like Lala all her releases are just so.darn.similar.!!! I have a sig, and even tho I liked all of her incarnations so far, the next I'm gonna buy will be the Two-Pack, for I really like that Candy-Cane Hair)
Same here, I have always liked Abbey and agree with you on her releases being so similar.  Venus looks like she will follow that trend too.  I wish they would release some of the dolls that we don't see as often (or is most often only found in the 3-5 packs), and maybe offer something like selling each twin werecat as a single doll for a change.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1180 on: May 30, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
There is/has been quite a lot of Abbey lately.. I wonder if she sells well? Or is it just my perception?

Abbey sells HORRIBLY around here. There's stacks and stacks of her Scaris and Picture Day versions at nearly every store I go to.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 30, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 30, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
Music festival dolls and now haunt the casbah dolls are showing up in my city too!

Holy gosh  :blink: This is such a MAJOR release deluge, especially for us Canucks used to being way behind... How to deal?! XD Guess I'm going to pop in to TRU again tomorrow and see what's arrived here...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Kathmom

« Reply #1183 on: May 30, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »
I just ordered my princesses headmistress !!! She's so excited I had to share with the group!!!!

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »

Holy gosh  :blink: This is such a MAJOR release deluge, especially for us Canucks used to being way behind... How to deal?! XD Guess I'm going to pop in to TRU again tomorrow and see what's arrived here...

I didn't pick up any myself, I was too excited to find PD Operetta and Frankie :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal