collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45160 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #555 on: May 11, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
I agree, I can't imagine how a mad scientist would appeal to little girls.

And what about Jane Boolittle? Could she be related to Spectra in some way? Like a distant cousin or something?
Jane Boolittle could be like a ghost who can communicate with animals, dead or undead.

Oh god, does somebody remember this old Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon where he befriends a little fox and then the fox dies rather gruesomely but it's okay since when he's dead he becomes a ghost as well and plays with Casper again?
That... scarred me as a kid.

It would be kinda sweet if there was a darker theme like actual death in MH. Not just "undead" monster girls.
But not like this cartoon! It was like "hey kids, when your pets die it's no biggie. They're still here somehow" x__X
lol i had to look up the casper ep since I've never seen it to understand, it was pretty sad seeing it, but luckily the ending was a good one. Although a little too bambi/real world to be a cartoon for kids, I thought it was done very nicely. :P

...Dangit, now i want a ghost girl with a pet fox. :blush:

The narrator at the end cracks me up: "And so they lived happily ever after".
Dude, they're both dead! Lol.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 11, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
I mostly had issue with the way the author had to mention either a celebrity or brand name in every paragraph and it was feeling like a long advertisement.
*nod* indeed it is somewhat annoying with the name droppings in each page, but I still enjoyed most of it. I still have to finish reading book 4, but haven't gotten to it yet.

My opinions of the books:
Lisi Harrison Novels: Similar to reading like a book version of a live action rendition of a TV drama for teens like the OC or Gossip Girl or One Tree Hill. (Don't know any to compare since I don't watch those shows)

Ghoulfriends Forever: Haven't gotten to reading yet either, but I'd assume it's like a spinoff of the actual webisodes & Specials but revolving around Rochelle, Venus & Robecca. I've skimmed through the book to make sure there were no tears and saw a few pictures in it that made it seem like it was part of the actual MH world.

Well, I went ahead and bought the Kindle version of Ghoulfriends Forever since it was only $3 and some change. If I like it, I'll buy the others eventually. I don't like how the second book (Kindle version) is $8, though. I don't like paying more than $5 for an ebook.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 11, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
omg, I--I might have a Twyla on hold at my TRU :freak: The person I talked to seemed to know what I was talking about and confirmed the 13 Wishes box... I'm about to go out there, won't let myself get too excited until/if I actually have her!

*spreads good luck weekend dolly hunting pixie dust around the forum*  :glitter: :lol:
I hope it's Twyla they have for you! :D Do let us know! *wishes you luck*

@ Zapper: That Casper cartoon reminds me of this Little Aubrey cartoon called " Song of the Birds" I watched when I was a kid. That cartoon really stood out to me because of how "dramatic/sad" one particular scene was.
And you can't blame the Casper narrator for ending the short like that - he probably wanted to make the kids happy and not-so-sad anymore. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
So um, someone on Tumblr found this at Target.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yay! Victoria has a Target! In addition to getting all the Scary Tales and two deluxe fashion packs, Danny and I found this! So, MH tag? Care to do some sleuthing? What’s this tag for? There was nothing there that suggested a six-pack was present in the aisle?

And here's the link to the post: http://butts-ler.tumblr.com/post/49865574375/yay-victoria-has-a-target-in-addition-to-getting

Since when are we getting a six pack? :blink:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 11, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »
So um, someone on Tumblr found this at Target.

Yay! Victoria has a Target! In addition to getting all the Scary Tales and two deluxe fashion packs, Danny and I found this! So, MH tag? Care to do some sleuthing? What’s this tag for? There was nothing there that suggested a six-pack was present in the aisle?

And here's the link to the post: http://butts-ler.tumblr.com/post/49865574375/yay-victoria-has-a-target-in-addition-to-getting

Since when are we getting a six pack? :blink:

Maybe the DC-Pack includes Howleen now? .. AFAIK there are only the DC and GNO Multipack to come out this year. But maybe they surprise us like with the Werecat-Fearleaders??

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
I agree, I can't imagine how a mad scientist would appeal to little girls.

And what about Jane Boolittle? Could she be related to Spectra in some way? Like a distant cousin or something?

Jane Boolittle...Jane Doolittle? daughter of Dr Doolittle?  That'd be my guess maybe a proper bird type doll? At least an animal based one..Monkey?

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »
Hmm new characters and a mysterious 6 pack!

6 re-releases of the sig outfits, our favorites <3 Including Toralei and Lagoona + Ghoulia...that's 3....plus the Clawdeen/Lala/Frankie or maybe Holt and others...? Seems like they wouldn't if they released the other 3 just recently....but surprises are so exciting.

Or another swim pack!   :P 

Or like Fräulein_Kim said, they added Howleen or someone else to the dance pack....but that's a lot of money just for a Gil ;(

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »
That would be nice if they released a six pack of the six original ghouls in their sig clothes (or their Wave 2.0 ones, if they have it). That would be cute. :D

Or maybe a boy six-pack, with the exclusive being InvisiBilly (and the other guys being Clawd, Deuce, Gil, Holt, and Jackson)? xD Wishful thinking on my end, but I can dream/hope! xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »
Frankie/Lala/Clawdeen/Goona/Ghoulia/Cleo-Pack would be cute.. Makes a lot of sense, too. Most Kids would want to own the original cast I guess.. :>

nyanpotato

« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
I'm assuming it is a DC 6 pack,Or some pack with budget dolls considering is $80 for 6 dolls,They probably just added DC Howleen to the pack,It would be nice if it was a "Schools out" version 2 that would be awesome,Or even a Back to school pack,A girl can dream,Right?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #565 on: May 11, 2013, 02:00:56 PM »

GHOULS NIGHT OUT 4 PACK by Patricio Q.B &lt;3, on Flickr

Reposting the old picture to ask the question. When the Ghoul's Night Out line reaches you, will you buy Rochelle, knowing that she will come in the 4-pack??? Or are you not planning on getting the 4-pack?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 11, 2013, 02:06:36 PM »
I'd love to import the 4-pack since I really enjoy the GNO-Line.. ^^
But Rochelle is my favourite Doll to repaint/customize, so I would not mind doubles. (I'll probably won't buy her before this, tho - GNO is expensive in germany so I'll wait for them to go on sale.. could take a while.)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 11, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »
I've been eager to see what the story is behind that 6-pack tag. It would be amazing to see a multipack release of the originals, but I'm also thinking that it may be the Dance Class pack with Howleen thrown in.

Dmdarkloard on tumblr has the "Haunt the Casbah" 13 Wishes dolls in-hand and noted that Clawdeen has golden blonde hair. I kind of love this change, it mixes things up a bit from her last few releases.
http://dmdarklord.tumblr.com/post/50153289677/todays-find-love-the-shimmery-gold-and
http://dmdarklord.tumblr.com/image/50161725099

omg, I--I might have a Twyla on hold at my TRU :freak: The person I talked to seemed to know what I was talking about and confirmed the 13 Wishes box... I'm about to go out there, won't let myself get too excited until/if I actually have her!

*spreads good luck weekend dolly hunting pixie dust around the forum*  :glitter: :lol:

Good luck Zombelina, I hope you get her! Twyla's really cute in-person. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:33:25 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 11, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
Clawdeen as a Blonde? Dang-- Now I have to have this doll. -_-

shivvy

« Reply #569 on: May 11, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Oh wow, I was on the fence about her, but a blonde Clawdeen might be hard to pass up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal