collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45933 times)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #540 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »

-Oasis Cleo has "old" molded hands :(  I love her new hands and how danity they are :heart:

If you get her, and want to trade hands, I'd be up for a trade, I like the old style better.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #541 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »
Robecca's father seems like an odd choice for a doll. I am curious to see what he looks like.

elonni

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #542 on: May 11, 2013, 01:48:25 AM »
I agree, I can't imagine how a mad scientist would appeal to little girls.

And what about Jane Boolittle? Could she be related to Spectra in some way? Like a distant cousin or something?

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 11, 2013, 05:42:21 AM »
I seriously Liked her graphic Art Better LoL  :biggrin:

Yeah, me too.  IMO, they did not do a good job translating the art when it comes to that dress.  Even the shattered mirror pattern looks tacky somehow.  I kinda want to buy Catty and then have this person (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Custom-made-Catty-Noir-364227528) make the dress.

If they do a "special price" for her (like they did with SS Frankie, pricing her at $4.13 in some stores), I will definitely get her. I'd love to pick up a few extras, too, for reroots. If she's full-price, though, I'm not sure if I'll get her. It'll probably depend on whether she's a "deluxe"-priced doll or a "basic"-priced one.

When news of her first started trickling out I saw somewhere that she's supposed to be $22.99...  Oh, here's the image:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's on Target's system, btw, so she won't be a store exclusive, as we know that she is being sold at Tesco in the UK, which correlates to Wal-Mart in North America.

Just a nit-pick - Tesco is *not* the UK equivalent of Wal-Mart, ASDA is :) Target exclusives go to Argos over here (I don't think there's a US equivalent, but it's a catalog store [I think that's the correct name]; you write down the catalog number of what you want to buy, give it to whoever's working the tills and they get one out from the back for you). :) Tesco on the other hand seems to get whatever's left over (the only other Tesco-exclusive doll I know of is Draculaura with the Roadster, and it seems that she's now a Smyths Toys exclusive. o_O; Exclusives work kinda differently over here I guess, LOL). Hope this clears things up :)

animal_lover

« Reply #545 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
This may be a stupid question but what is this about mh books? Where can you get them and are they like actual novels?

nyanpotato

« Reply #546 on: May 11, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Yup,According to a book Wiki,Hexiciah is the "father" of Robecca.
Seems like an odd choice for a doll,Wonder if he will have a new body mold  :O

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 11, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »

And what about Jane Boolittle? Could she be related to Spectra in some way? Like a distant cousin or something?
Jane Boolittle could be like a ghost who can communicate with animals, dead or undead.

This may be a stupid question but what is this about mh books? Where can you get them and are they like actual novels?
They're actual Novels, the first set by Lisi Harrison has 4 volumes, and a 2nd set that came out last yearish by Gitty Daneshvari and currently has 2 out, and a 3rd due September.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »

Jane Boolittle could be like a ghost who can communicate with animals, dead or undead.

Oh god, does somebody remember this old Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon where he befriends a little fox and then the fox dies rather gruesomely but it's okay since when he's dead he becomes a ghost as well and plays with Casper again?
That... scarred me as a kid.

It would be kinda sweet if there was a darker theme like actual death in MH. Not just "undead" monster girls.
But not like this cartoon! It was like "hey kids, when your pets die it's no biggie. They're still here somehow" x__X

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 11, 2013, 11:13:26 AM »
i wonder if Hexiciah and Jane will be like normies ... Hexiciah the mad scientist who created Robecca and Jane Boolittle who can communicate with the 'spirits" lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 11, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »

Oh god, does somebody remember this old Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon where he befriends a little fox and then the fox dies rather gruesomely but it's okay since when he's dead he becomes a ghost as well and plays with Casper again?
That... scarred me as a kid.

It would be kinda sweet if there was a darker theme like actual death in MH. Not just "undead" monster girls.
But not like this cartoon! It was like "hey kids, when your pets die it's no biggie. They're still here somehow" x__X
lol i had to look up the casper ep since I've never seen it to understand, it was pretty sad seeing it, but luckily the ending was a good one. Although a little too bambi/real world to be a cartoon for kids, I thought it was done very nicely. :P

...Dangit, now i want a ghost girl with a pet fox. :blush:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 11, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
I read the first Lisi Harrison book and part of the second one, but I didn't really like them very much. I mostly had issue with the way the author had to mention either a celebrity or brand name in every paragraph and it was feeling like a long advertisement. Is the other series better? I love all the MH specials and the webisodes, so I was really wanting to like the books, but they were just so different I couldn't get into them. If the other series of books is closer to the webisodes or specials, then I'd be interested in reading them.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »

Gasp, is she a new face mold, or am I crazy? Also, loud and pink as she is, I do enjoy her. She's just so over the top, but with enough shiny, shiny silver that I don't mind it. And I enjoy that her train looks like streamers.

As I look at her again, I realize that I'm really not fond of her white nose. I think I might remove that! And I'm unsure about her lips. Perhaps I'd go with a softer pink. I dunno...will have to wait until I see her in person.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 11, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »
I mostly had issue with the way the author had to mention either a celebrity or brand name in every paragraph and it was feeling like a long advertisement.
*nod* indeed it is somewhat annoying with the name droppings in each page, but I still enjoyed most of it. I still have to finish reading book 4, but haven't gotten to it yet.

My opinions of the books:
Lisi Harrison Novels: Similar to reading like a book version of a live action rendition of a TV drama for teens like the OC or Gossip Girl or One Tree Hill. (Don't know any to compare since I don't watch those shows)

Ghoulfriends Forever: Haven't gotten to reading yet either, but I'd assume it's like a spinoff of the actual webisodes & Specials but revolving around Rochelle, Venus & Robecca. I've skimmed through the book to make sure there were no tears and saw a few pictures in it that made it seem like it was part of the actual MH world.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 11, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
omg, I--I might have a Twyla on hold at my TRU :freak: The person I talked to seemed to know what I was talking about and confirmed the 13 Wishes box... I'm about to go out there, won't let myself get too excited until/if I actually have her!

*spreads good luck weekend dolly hunting pixie dust around the forum*  :glitter: :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal