collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45905 times)

StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
So far I think everyone has been blinded by the pink but after truly eying the details for Catty - you can see that the top part is shattered like someone smashed a mirror & the shoes imitate the same type of pattern. Anyone else getting it yet? Shattered mirror, black cat, Friday the 13th? I'm still on the fence about her, I will probably buy her anyways since I must have at least one of every character.

As for Wydowna - I am excited regardless for her getting a release, I could care less that I have to shell out a little extra money for an exclusive since I adore this doll line. I really hope that they do keep with the comic theme and save a signature release for a year from now though that may mean I would have to open Wonder Wolf & Polterghoul and give them their own special shelf. >w<  Making clothes for Wydowna would be very interesting though. :)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »
love catty!! i hope her dress is one of those that can be configured in multiple styles!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2013, 12:34:47 AM »
So I know Catty is supposed to be released on Sept. 13th, but is there any chance we'll see her before then? Have they ever done a release like this where they had a set date for a MH doll's release? I just can't picture how this is going to work since most stores just put items on shelves when they feel like it and I could see her showing up way early in some parts of the US and super late in others.

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2013, 01:53:48 AM »
Catty Noir is pretty vut.. wow sooo pink!

Anyway, I thought something about the "feeric spin off " and the websites royalorrebel.com and the others

Maybe they will enlarge the Scary Tales Collection and release one or two new scary tales characters each year?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »
So far I think everyone has been blinded by the pink but after truly eying the details for Catty - you can see that the top part is shattered like someone smashed a mirror & the shoes imitate the same type of pattern. Anyone else getting it yet? Shattered mirror, black cat, Friday the 13th? I'm still on the fence about her, I will probably buy her anyways since I must have at least one of every character.

Don't forget the big 13 on her dress top :)

I feel like I'm the only one that actually likes Catty's dress having that "obnoxiously long" train in the back. xD But then again I have a weakness for dresses with trains like that.

Nope, that's one of my favorite styles of skirt. I even have a detachable train so I can make any of my own skirts have that look. :biggrin:

Nope, I love everything about her! I like that pink overload. :)

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2013, 05:19:06 AM »
I love Catty the way she is. I am a fan of pink and long trains as well and I think she's gorgeous :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2013, 07:10:17 AM »

Don't forget the big 13 on her dress top :)

I wasn't 100% sure that it was 13 or it it was something else.  I think the 13 put's the unlucky theme over the top though & I'm not even sure why they would put it on her dress unless the GNO dolls are supposed to go into more depth about it.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2013, 07:37:44 AM »
I like Catty a lot. I'm not the world's biggest fan of pink (and I do think she has a bit of an overload of it with the dress), but she'd look awesome redressed.

If they do a "special price" for her (like they did with SS Frankie, pricing her at $4.13 in some stores), I will definitely get her. I'd love to pick up a few extras, too, for reroots. If she's full-price, though, I'm not sure if I'll get her. It'll probably depend on whether she's a "deluxe"-priced doll or a "basic"-priced one.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Melissa

« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2013, 07:47:41 AM »
I like Catty a lot. I'm not the world's biggest fan of pink (and I do think she has a bit of an overload of it with the dress), but she'd look awesome redressed.

If they do a "special price" for her (like they did with SS Frankie, pricing her at $4.13 in some stores), I will definitely get her. I'd love to pick up a few extras, too, for reroots. If she's full-price, though, I'm not sure if I'll get her. It'll probably depend on whether she's a "deluxe"-priced doll or a "basic"-priced one.
Is Catty going to be exclusive to any store? Holy cow I'd love to get ANY MH doll for $4.13

aroa678

« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2013, 08:02:37 AM »
I´m a bit dissapointed about Catty´s face mold. She seems to have same as Catrine and Weretwins (except for the ears). I was hoping a new one or a black Toralei, at least.
Anyway I will buy her, if I can and completely customize her from hair to feet.

I hope we can buy Heath and Abbey in Spain for a decent price. I was checking ebay and I was like  :shocked: about prices. More than 100$ plus shipping? Are they mad or what? Same for Twyla (more than 50$ WTF???)

About Wydowna, I would like her if her fashion concept were diferent... so I can breathe about her.

I see more and more signatures here in my country; Lala, Frankie and Clawdeen so far. I hope they release Ghoulia because I love her signature but the prices... again....  :cry:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 10, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »

Is Catty going to be exclusive to any store? Holy cow I'd love to get ANY MH doll for $4.13

IIRC she'll be a Tesco exclusive in the UK, not sure about the US as I don't think Tesco has an American equivalent? ^^; B+W SS Frankie was a Tesco-exclusive as well, FWIW.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 10, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »

Look who I picked up today!  She is really lovely outside of the box!  I love her lavender skin.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »

IIRC she'll be a Tesco exclusive in the UK, not sure about the US as I don't think Tesco has an American equivalent? ^^; B+W SS Frankie was a Tesco-exclusive as well, FWIW.

In regards to Frankie, I personally only ever saw her at Walmart, but I seem to remember people saying they found them at other stores. So I don't think she was exclusive here in the US. If I remember right, though, the special $4.13 price WAS only at Walmart; other stores priced her the same as the rest of the Skull Shores line.

If they do a special price for Catty, I'm guessing she'll be $9.13, being she's coming out in September.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

In regards to Frankie, I personally only ever saw her at Walmart, but I seem to remember people saying they found them at other stores. So I don't think she was exclusive here in the US. If I remember right, though, the special $4.13 price WAS only at Walmart; other stores priced her the same as the rest of the Skull Shores line.

If they do a special price for Catty, I'm guessing she'll be $9.13, being she's coming out in September.
Toys R Us also had B&W SS Frankie for the $4.13 price for the actual weekend only (if you had the coupon that they posted on Facebook ; otherwise, she was $16), and I know my local grocery store HEB had her for $4.13 as well. I think other people mentioned their own grocery/local/regional store had that price for her as well (one store in particular I cant remember the name of, but I know it's kinda "big/popular" in the northern part of the U.S. )

Good to know I'm not alone in liking Catty's train, although I totally can see why others think it's too much. When I first saw Catty's dress, it reminded me of a dress that a character named Chii wore in the manga/anime series Chobits (although Chii's was very short in the front, in comparison), haha. I wonder how long Catty's train actually is - if it just slightly touches the ground or if it's a 3+ inches on the ground.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 10, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
I seriously Liked her graphic Art Better LoL  :biggrin:

Yeah, me too.  IMO, they did not do a good job translating the art when it comes to that dress.  Even the shattered mirror pattern looks tacky somehow.  I kinda want to buy Catty and then have this person (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Custom-made-Catty-Noir-364227528) make the dress.

When news of her first started trickling out I saw somewhere that she's supposed to be $22.99...  Oh, here's the image:

That's on Target's system, btw, so she won't be a store exclusive, as we know that she is being sold at Tesco in the UK, which correlates to Wal-Mart in North America.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal