collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?  (Read 4910 times)

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
I would buy from Chinese sellers, but given that Hasbro's factories are in China, and that China's copyright laws are EXTREMELY lax, it means I have a high chance of buying either gray-market or fakie ponies if I go that route.  Plus, shipping across the Pacific!  I tend to buy from other US sellers, since prices tend to be a lot more realistic.

I don't like the thought of buying gray-market, and while G4 fakies tend to be pretty cute, I'm still a bit nervous about the quality (and lead content with Chinese fakies--they've had a lot of recent problems with this, and I like to play with/brush my dolls and ponies a lot).  So it's official Hasbro products for me, at least as far as G4 is concerned.

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
It hasn't been "super" bare here, but its all the same so it might as well be... Until last night!  I found a plushie Rarity at my Walmart!  They had the normal overload of Pinkie and Twi as well as a few of the more elusive Fluttershys, but only one Rarity and I snatched her up faster than my dog with an ice cube.  Sadly they didn't have an AJ though. 

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
Still no crystal empire Applejack brushable here either.
Shelves are full of pet shop and button eye dolls, just like the rest of the world :P
Not sure if the ponies are selling fast, or just not being restocked. All that empty space is depressing.

I wish they would make the original six as G4s...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »
As Diamond pointed out - its pretty standard and it happens with regularity. Stock will come and go depending what each store decides to carry and levels of popularity. Give it a few weeks or a couple of months and I am sure you ll see stock back. Probably just more main 6, as at this point I think thats about all we can expect, but at least it will be more stock.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2013, 02:38:24 AM »
I think Australia gets all the stock the rest of the world doesn't want. Stores here are often used as a dumping ground for older products.
And by the time things finally arrive here, the popular characters are often missing from the lines.

I know. I'll write a letter to someone in charge...

Dear Princess Celestia,

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »
I'm beginning to worry that they're purposely minimizing the pony stock so they can shove the Equestria Girls stuff on the shelves as soon as it gets to their warehouses. -_-  Especially considering the teaser adverts are beginning to appear in product inserts (q.v. http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,330078.0.html ).  Which is brilliant for those who are looking forward to EG, but alas for ponies! :(

My Wal-Mart has its usual bare pony section still, though they've added a box of purple blindbags, but they stuck in a great big box of $1 fakies :facepalm: which means I'll be getting loads from the thrift shop in the next few months...

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

cleverLC

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised by the local K-Mart.  Not because they had new ponies (they definitely DON'T--a lot of them had the Apple Bucking Season mini-DVD in the package) but because I finally got to see some of the non-mane-6 ponies in single PP packs.  I probably should have bought them all, but I figured I'd leave them there for others who might want them.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »
Same, I went to Target today and went "Wow, this is sad." It looked completely cleaned out.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2013, 01:07:53 AM »
There's not too much in my area of the UK either,Asda seems to be the only place that really has anything. They have Crystal Empire brushables (minus Applejack & Rarity),the Princess packs (usually the Luna & Rarity set),the Famous/Spa/Class of Cutie Marks miniatures sets and if you're lucky,the odd Fashion Style pony,although it's usually Rainbow Dash.

Morrisons replaced the wave 5 blind bags with wave 3!  :huh:

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2013, 03:02:50 AM »

I know. I'll write a letter to someone in charge...

Dear Princess Celestia,

Oooooh! Wouldn't *that* be wonderful!  :frolic:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2013, 05:03:00 AM »
So I was out this weekend to and went to walmart and target. Hardly any ponies. Just have Shining armor FS set and Princess packs. But no individual brushables at all.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal