collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Isn't it a good sign the pony sections are empty? That they are selling them faster than they can keep them in stock?

here it's not, as the empty pony shelves are being replaced with LPS, fakies and lalaloopsy :( I agree it's a store problem, not a Hasbro problem, as surely the stores request the stock in the first place? I can't see Hasbro warehouses being empty of stock.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
The Targets near me are pretty bare too. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
Isn't it a good sign the pony sections are empty? That they are selling them faster than they can keep them in stock?

here it's not, as the empty pony shelves are being replaced with LPS, fakies and lalaloopsy :( I agree it's a store problem, not a Hasbro problem, as surely the stores request the stock in the first place? I can't see Hasbro warehouses being empty of stock.

Reminds me of when they were putting baby dolls in the Monster High section,
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
That empty shelf picture is exactly what's happening here too! I've just been looking for Sunset Shimmer and I've seen the same two CE Rarity and Ajs for like 2 + weeks heeee. 

When you just have the same 6 over and over, they sit on shelves for the longest time.  My food store had 6 CE Twilight Sparkles and finally priced them all down to $1 just to get rid of them.  Yay for a $1 pony but that's not good for the store....

Wishing Well

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 07:14:34 AM »
Couldn't be as sad as my local Target. When the Crystal Empire stuff came out, the shelves were jam packed with merch.

Said section doesn't exist anymore.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:47 AM »
It gives me a chance to finish up buying the pony things I haven't had a chance to buy yet after that they need to restock lol
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

cleverLC

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
I agree that there are too many of the mane 6 being produced, and not enough of the other ponies.  On the one hand, that means that G4 customizers can get some of the extra mane 6 merchandise relatively cheaply--on the other, some of us would like some actual variety in our G4s!  I haven't seen several of the good pony sets at all, and it's not for lack of trying--I've been looking at Walmart, Target, and TRU stores all over the county!

It's the opposite of the problem I had a year ago when I was first looking for G4s--back then you couldn't find any of the mane 6 on their own, and precious few other ponies at all.  I think now that the initial "Brony fever" has died down, there's less demand for the mane 6 than Hasbro thought there would be.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »
I went to a walmart that I dont' normally get out to today....I need an AJ for a custom
they had ZERO single ponies. tons of space for them, signs up that they are $4, but NO ponies :(
they did have 2 of teh coloring ones, 2 of the posable ones, and a couple of the bigger products

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:10 AM »
My WalMarts are BORING beyond  belief now.

They had a brief stint of having the Wave... 5 Yellow Bags like a few months ago when the newer stuff was coming out (Like the motion ponies at first, etc) - and now... it's all STALE. The same stinkin things EVERY time at EVERY Walmart. White Celestia & Pinkie, Luna and Twilight, Wave 7 BBs, The White Twilight Car, So Soft Spike... and sometimes the Blister Pack ponies (never see AJ, FS or Rarity, only RD, Pinkie and Twilight)... there are SOME Glimmer Wings hanging around.

But I have access to a total of 6 Walmarts if I travel in an "inner circle" and "outer circle" - three of them are in decently large cities, the others are in medium to small towns, but they're ALL THE SAME. I can't believe it... Only ONE of them has the G4 pony Birthday party stuff too... haven't seen anything new in MONTHS. It's getting lame...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
My local stores are bare. Last time I went they only had 2 brushables on the shelves! Also lots of the pink FS Celestia

Wishing Well

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »
I think what Hasbro should do is start making brushables of their BB exclusive ponies as well as sync up the toys to the show (with characters like Big Mac, Silver Spoon, Minuette, Seaspray, Junebug, Caramel etc) rather than focusing on "Mane 6, CMC, Princesses" for their brushable line.

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
I think what Hasbro should do is start making brushables of their BB exclusive ponies as well as sync up the toys to the show (with characters like Big Mac, Silver Spoon, Minuette, Seaspray, Junebug, Caramel etc) rather than focusing on "Mane 6, CMC, Princesses" for their brushable line.

OMG I want a Big Mac brushable SO BADLY. Seriously.

The stores by me are just as bad. I found Funrise Fluttershy and Rarity at my local Walmart but since then...nada. And I keep checking for AJ! Ugh.

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 03:57:29 AM »
Ugh... so guess what!? We had a MLP box last night in our freight and it was MORE So-soft Newborns! Everything else is so empty...what the hay!? I talked to the Dept manager and he hasnt been ordering much freight because they are working on the Marvel Superhero modulars. Theres a LOT of Lalaloopsy now. End-caps, stack-base features, displays, the actual Lalaloopsy shelf is slowly devouring the mlp section! I told him he needs more pony before people, including me, go crazy! @_@

On a random note, I wish they had a non-mane 6 toyline for a change too! =O The whole princess themed toylines sell yeah, but wouldnt it be awesome if they made a bunch of brushables of background ponies? Imagine seeing Sugar Grape, Roseluck, Cherry Spices, Shoe Shine, Sea Swirl, Berry Punch, etc in the brushables!? The fashion styles could be Cheerilee and Big Mac ( heeehehee!) or the CMC! I am sort of bored of the mane 6 toys, but id be awesome if they made a set of them as fillies!  I am personally tired of Crystal Empire already. Im excited about alicorn Twilight toys, but the Princess Celebration toys look the same except Princess Twilight on the box instead of Cadance. Dont the Princess Celebration ponies leaked so far even have those 'crystal eyes' too? =O
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:07:27 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2013, 05:17:24 AM »
It's the same over here in the UK. It's so bad I've actually stopped looking...
 :cloud:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Wishing Well

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 05:55:33 AM »
Pony Sections here have almost all but disappeared. It's the main reason I just buy from Chinese Sellers and Arena/Traiding Post members now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal