collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?  (Read 4920 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
Seriously... I wonder why I'm not buying as many ponies as recently, but then I realise whenever I walk to the pony aisle it's all the same stuff, usually things I don't like or want...

-Crystal Empire mane 6 singles
-leftover Luggage wave singles stock (almost always mane 6)
-Color-in RD and Fluttershy
-Walk and Talk PP
-FS Pinkie (brolley hat)

and maybe if I'm lucky a box of Wave 7 blind bags at Target or FS Shining Armour/Cadance and Rainbow Collection blindbag sets at Big W...
...what was the MLP section at Kmarts is now mainly fakies and Littlest Pet Shop! Throw us a bone here, Hasbro! Why barely any stock?! It's been well past the usual post-Christmas restock!

I was curious, is this just a thing in my area, or my country, or perhaps this is the case in several locales?

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
Re: Bare pony shelves at stores, anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
It is very dry here too. All of my Walmarts and even TRU have "same ol' same ol'" on the shelves.

Lamesauce :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

theprophecygirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
Same here. We keep checking to see if Sunset Shimmer's made her way to Target yet, but all they've had is a smattering of the Crystal Empire six, FS Princess Cadance & Shining Armor, FS Luna and Celestia, and the occasional glimmer wings set.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
Here's a picture of the pony shelf at one of my Target's and most of the other Targets in my area look like this as well.

The Walmart by my work has no pony shelf at all. There are a few pony things mixed in with the Dora and other girl toys, but no definitive pony shelf. It's really sad.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
maybe they are letting it go dry before they send out the new stuff? its the only thing that makes sense to me. :what:

popyduggan

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:21:38 AM »
Here's a picture of the pony shelf at one of my Target's and most of the other Targets in my area look like this as well.

The Walmart by my work has no pony shelf at all. There are a few pony things mixed in with the Dora and other girl toys, but no definitive pony shelf. It's really sad.
That pic is as familiar as is painful. The WWE figures aren't any better, Target have them on an endcap feature and the usual place(12-14 pegs for them) and the stores had 2-3 figures tops in the entire store for months.

It makes me want to shout, "How are you in business?!".

Also, I checked my telxon at Walmart yesterday and everything's on order(BBs, singles, Funrise, FS), but nothing's in the warehouse. Our store isn't as bad as that pic, but you could've taken an identical photo of the section as it is 4 months ago.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:23:51 AM by popyduggan »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
yep my  wallmart has three little rows of ponys between miniie mouse and  lalaloopsy which  have  bigger sections.  theres always   the   flat packged tinsels.   the three  packs.   and a couple of the   clestia  luna  two  packs  then  Fs rarity  luna celestia  soem of the deisgn a pony
then  the stupid  car. and  or  pink  lestia big talking  one  or candace  possibly the trian  set  next to the overpriced castle set.  and the walking talking pinkie.. thats about it.

Aednatia

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:55:06 AM »
yep it is like this every year here from late March till June.. All store here.. They do inventory.. They stock very rarely if at all. So they can keep better track of stock since most of it is either in a precounted taped closed box in the back or hasn't been ordered. That is why suddenly 3 and only 3 Flower Fillies showed up at one Walmart down the street and not any others cause they are cleaning out the back and probable found them in the seasonal or left over won't fit on the shelf till now box. It isn't just My Little Ponies it is pretty much all toys here at all stores. I hate this time of year.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »
My Walmart is chalk-full of ponies, ya know the 100s of Pinkie Pie plushes, the 3 full pegs of CE Mane 6, the walking talking Pinkie Pie, Princess Cadance talking, and FS Celestia along with the color me.  It's depressing going over there hoping to find AJ Plush and come up on the same things over and over again.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 12:48:45 PM »
I went to Sioux Falls over the weekend and stopped at a few places. I was hoping to find something good and even went to a wal mart up there. I was hoping that I might be lucky and find a Funrise Applejack or Rarity and had no luck. I came home with no ponies. I did find pony shirt at Target though and a fluttershy one at wal mart for my daughter. The pony isles every were have been really horrible :(

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »
come august, it'll all be full again. I am liking this break- saves my wallet a little XD plus I can focus on swaps and ebay.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Same here. All I want is Sunset Shimmer. T_T
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
Yeah, every time I go to Walmart, Target, even TRU, it's the same old stuff; it's not marked down, and it's usually all jumbled up too.  Super depressing.

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »

This looks very much like my Target has for about a month now. Nothing new or any re-stocking been done in a while. My Wal-Mart has some stuff but it the same usual stuff. They only re-stock the Funrise plushies and blind bag boxes every so often when they run low or out. Everything else just sits there or the empty space get filled with Lalaloopsy stuff that is slow taking over the pony section because nothing is coming in. At least have the mask ponies come in if nothing else new right now.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
Nothing new in the stores near me:(.  Sad, sad looking pony aisles. Come on Hasbro, lets get some new ponies flowing!!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal