collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: grossest goodwill outlet find  (Read 1260 times)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Re: grossest goodwill outlet find
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
I go straight to the bathroom there to wash my hands and arms. No way in heck I'd touch my steering wheel or seatbelt without thoroughly disinfecting myself. Next time I'm going to wear a crappy shirt over my shirt and take that off to toss in a bag after I'm done too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
Is the Goodwill outlet different than the regular store? I can't remember if mine says 'outlet' anywhere... but it's a pretty clean and organized place. There isn't anything to "dig" into. Everything they sell is spread out on tables or in bookcases and stuff.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
Is the Goodwill outlet different than the regular store? I can't remember if mine says 'outlet' anywhere... but it's a pretty clean and organized place. There isn't anything to "dig" into. Everything they sell is spread out on tables or in bookcases and stuff.
Outlets are different, just huuuuge blue bins with random crap that regular Goodwill retail stores couldn't sell. Occasionally you find something awesome, but you'll have to dig so bring gloves!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
I found a [used but only number 1] diaper in a Goodwill outlet bin... I think yours is slightly worse.

Too bad we don't have a puking pony emoticon. :x I think that's the worst. What is wrong with people, that they think that's appropriate to donate to Goodwill? Ew ew ew! :yikes:

My mom and I decided to take a trip for our birthdays and I asked her if we could try the outlet store in Indianapolis. She's weary, especially since I was dumb and showed her this thread, but oh my goodness I am buying heavy duty gloves and a tub of hand sanitizer so we can wash off the filth and shame of this.

I convinced her it would be worth it since we may find some neat stuff so we will have to see.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »
PMing pics of coyote to some of you.

Post Merge: April 29, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Anyone who is interested in seeing the coyote send me a PM. Pics are uploaded and ready. :) 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:58:28 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Rainsong

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Ain't that the truth! I feel so contaminated after rummaging through the Goodwill bins :shocked:

So, like... the same feeling I get anytime I go to KMart? :(

How do you find the Outlet stores? I know we have one down near Salem, OR but I have NO CLUE where it actually is. My mom had been there once.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
Wow that's gross and unsanitary.  I guess this will be a good warning for those who like to reach in a bin and feel around with their hands hoping to grab a pony.  :shocked:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »
For those who don't know, the outlets have bins of stuff that was either pulled from the stores after being there too long, and also some unsorted donations I think. I'm sure the mice weren't intentionally donated, just a product of a box of donation stuff somebody had in their garage or basement too long. Ours actually sells work gloves brand new on racks by the register now, but you can bring your own.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal