collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: when you have to sacrifice your ponies...  (Read 1373 times)

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
when you have to sacrifice your ponies...
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
what pony sacrifices have you done, to achieve or manage to get something not pony related?
It's very hard getting varied pony merch in my city, so I have one of the best collections at the moment in my city, but in order to do what I truly strive for, I'll have to sell, and raffle all my pony stuff.
I mean G4 stuff. sadly no one likes G1 in my city.
I have blankets, quite a lot of ponies the funko dr whooves (thanks to ren-ren)
actually, most things not sold here normally I got them at the arena. so thanks to people who helped me. It makes me sad to think that my collection will vanish :C but is for a greater good.

so, what pony related sacrifices have you made for non pony related stuff?
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: when you have to sacrifice your ponies...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »
Thankfully I have not yet been in a position to have to part with any of my ponies to pay for something else.  I am sorry you are in this situation, cacopony but hopefully it will be worth the sacrifice in the end.  You can always keep a few of your favourite pieces too, rather than part with everything :hug:

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:35:27 AM »
I had to sell a massive chunk of my collection to pay off a large fine for something that wasn't my fault. Yeah, that was a bit of a kick in the teeth. :mad: Went from 100+ MIB G3s down to about 6. But in a way I was thankful for the ponies saving my financial rear end!

I've sold more than that to try and stay afloat financially and make space in my rather stuff-filled life. I've kept my ultimate favourites and I've bought some new G4s so I feel like I'm balancing out the universe a bit. :P

Apart from a few really rare ponies I had I could probably get replacements if I wanted to.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:56:17 AM »
None yet and hopefully will never have to resort to that.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »
I have sold off ponies to pay for bills, because bills are much more important than ponies unfortunately. (And it was because of some of these ponies that I had that bill...)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »
I had to sell some of my newly acquired nirvanas five years ago. It was the worst thing ever..my only grail (piggy) went bye bye after pretty much just getting her. I still miss her so much but my bills got paid and I haven't had to do that again thank gooodness!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:20:07 AM »
I'm quite lucky that I don't have to pay bills, but I have sold off some really special ponies to pay for things such as clothes that I need. But I don't really regret parting hugely with any, except my childhood Gyspys (both in mint condition) and Snowflake (poor, but I adored her) to someone on ebay with a whole lot of other childhood ponies for only £10. I still hate myself for doing that. So much regret for that.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 08:20:44 AM »
Ponies have more than once come to my rescue and saved me from drowning financially.
There are some ponies that would KILL me to sell, but I know that most of them eventually can be replaced, it's just the panic of not knowing when or how...

Money can always re-buy them later, and they are an investment that can sometimes pay off and help out in hard times. They are little tiny savings banks :p Just one more reason to love ponies! <3

Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
pretty much the same thing really, selling ponies to pay bills. I haven't had to do that for a while though and now I've paid off nearly all of my debts, and whats left is more manageable. I'm also in a better place financially now.

Now that me and my other half are starting to save money for rainy days/emergencies I know I wont need to sell ponies again (except if I win a bundle and don't like some of them).
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
I've sold some doubles, or ponies that I just wasn't thrilled to own. Lucky for me I've not had to sell off a ton due to financial circumstances. But If I had to, I would. I did have to sell one of my dolls in order to help pay for a bill for my horse. I miss the doll, but I don't regret it one bit. Maybe one day I'll be able to buy another! The thing about ponies is, they'll be there for you again one day. If you really want them back, you'll find a way! Pony dreams do come true!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »
yes, you can always buy some ponies once again, though, it's hard to get non mane 6 ponies here
but happily, I'll keep my small G1 collection UvU Is not like if somebod else would buy them anyway
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
I had to sell my beloved Greek Baby Blossom she was sooo minty :cries: to pay some bills. I regret it every day and now I'm keeping my eye out for another I can buy on payments
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
I've never had to sacrifice any of my pony collection for any bills or such and it's probably because I don't have rare or Nirvana type ponies in my collection. I think at best, if someone bought all my ponies in one lot, I could get $300 ( and that's being super generous ) for them.

I have other more expensive hobbies I have sacrificed for bills and such, so I understand the tough choice making when it comes to luxuries VS. bills/real life.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
Fortunately I haven't had to yet, but I suspect that I will someday because of student loans and the possibility of going back to school. :sad: I really hope that I don't have to do that though, but even if I do I know that it will have been worth it, and that I can probably find them again. Some of them have sentimental value though, like "so and so gave me this pony" so I know it will be hard.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
I have done it before years ago before I was old enough to work full time, so I had money for other things that I wanted, and maybe I'll do it again some day. I've considered it the last couple of years because I now own the Mountain Boys with some duplicates, Mimic etc, and it would be a quick way to raise cash in an emergency. Luckily, so far I've been able to avoid it.

But I agree with the others, the ponies will in most cases, always be there to buy back at some point.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal