collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else see the giant G1 light up pony on ebay UK?  (Read 8707 times)

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the giant G1 light up pony on ebay UK?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »
I have been in touch with the guy about potential buying her, as I really want her. And I even have a friend who has access to a real horse box, which I'd hope shed fit inside to transport her. But I simply have no place to store her... I live in a flat in Denmark, and my mum has said she does not want that 'thing' anywhere near her house in the UK. Oh meanie mum ! ;) ( but I do understand! )

Any brainwaves any pony?

I just can't bare the thought of her going to someone who isn't a real pony fan, or somewhere where she won't get looked after properly.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:06:05 PM by BigBrotherPony »

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 03:27:36 AM »
Just spitballing here (which is actually a really gross saying :P ) but would it be considered bad etiquette to buy the smaller one outside ebay rather than him list it? Would it be considered the same as asking for an auction ending early for a BIN price? With everyone saying they'd like to see these go to collectors rather than some random person who wouldn't appreciate them, I can physically and financially take the smaller one and wondered how people here would feel about it. I've contacted the seller and asked for some photos but that's it so far. I wanted to get your input :) I've thought a lot about this pony since the first listing was posted and I'd happily loan her to ponycon every year :D So long as they could get her there lol, I don't have a van and would have to hire one ;) Sarah xx

ETA: I've just spoken with Joe (hubby) and he's agreed that, so long as I get rid of some other stuff to make room, I could keep Buttons in our garage! So I've made enquiries about her and the other one. If not letting the small one go on ebay is bad etiquette tell me, I DO NOT want to pee off the whole community! :P I'm just thinking the same as you guys, we need this in the community, not at some random crazy golf course or outside some shopping centre! ***INPUT REQUIRED*** :) Sarah xx
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:43:37 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 04:14:12 AM »
If you get her Sarah-Bee then I'm going to have to come and say hello!

I think what you're suggesting would be absolutely fine. Lets face it - if anybody realistically wanted them, they would've already had the seller list the smaller pony (who is it? I don't know whether that's been posted but I've missed it!) and Buttons would have sold.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 04:20:49 AM »
Well that was another thing I thought of; a pony tea party in my garden with the big ponies as the special guests ;) Haha. I don't know who the smaller pony is actually, although if we looked at what was originally in the display in Blackpool and took off the ones we have seen in the other photos we'd probably have a good idea of who is left as a possibility ;)

Post Merge: May 05, 2013, 04:29:22 AM

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The only baby I can't see in the photos in the warehouse, or the one that Ponycon has is the furthest right baby pony in this pic, the one next to the buggy. I can't quite make out who she is?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:29:22 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 05:44:12 AM »
Hi Sarah!

I would be more than happy if you took the little one! I have actually been in contact with the guy, as I was going to Bid on Buttons, but I wanted to know who the small one was first. As she would obviously be much more manageable and easy to transport etc.

I have seen the picture of the baby so I know who she is, and personally I prefer Buttons so I am more than happy for you to take her. Especially as it is you and we all know how important ponies are to you! I would be super happy to know she is living with u. Apparently the guy has already had some offers on her which are quite high and he said he is almost ready to let her go, so she might not even make it to Ebay anyway.

Go Sarah!!!

BBP

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2013, 05:57:28 AM »
Aw thank you sweetie! :hug:

I also wondered if she's make it to ebay or not! I'm not as concerned if she doesn't than I was initially due to now having the means to get Buttons but would be happy to know if she'd gone to someone in the community!

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2013, 06:16:43 AM »
Hi Sarah ... Just PMd u!

Offline Sui-Kaede

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
Oh God, I love those :-)  G1 was truly the best era. I would love to have one of those in my garden, lol.
I feel super happy for ponies' new owners.

Gogobinsin

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2013, 07:40:12 AM »
Sarah I think realistically you may be one of the only people in the community who could give either or both of them a home easily, you've got your husband's support as well so I say go for it! :) There may be other people seriously considering putting in an offer and may want to see the second one listed on ebay but personally I'd prefer to know that they were going to someone who'll take good care of them. If you make the guy a decent offer that he's happy with then I think it's fair :) Let us know how things go :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 03:24:33 AM »
Thanks Hun, I'll keep you all posted :) xx

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:54 AM »
Very best of luck Sarah!

I would think everyone here would be happy that these ponies would be going to a true enthusiast and be looked after properly.  :)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »
Dude! I'm in love. :lovey: Of course, most things that are a source of light are a win for me, anyhow.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
Well I hope one way or the other, you girls win the ponys.   I don't think anyone would mind, since Buttons already went through one round of ebay and didn't even hit the reserve of 300. 

I would absolutely love one or both of them, but shipping is just not feasible, and imagine if they broke? 
The sheer awesomeness of a 9ft Buttons though, wow.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:27 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to post now or when they arrived, but I've bought them ;) The seller listed Baby Gusty as a BIN which I saw an hour after the auction was listed and Buttons ended the following day. I'm just waiting to hear from him about delivery and payment :)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2013, 01:23:05 AM »
Congratulations!
Pony party at Sarah's house!

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal