collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to bring forward period?  (Read 9067 times)

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to bring forward period?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 06:29:05 AM »
Heh, I know how it can be, my mom's from the Philippines. And parents can have all sorts of hangups even without cultural factors. I'd say making a $300 trip worthwhile is your most powerful argument. Plus there's no way to really "sit out" a wilderness day, there'll be no facilities whether you participate or not. Maybe it'll reassure her if you bring along pads anyway, in case the tampons don't work out. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:31:26 AM by spookysage »

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
If we're talking tampons, I've got a brand recommendation! I use O.B. They're small but very absorbent, they don't have that cardboard tube around them you need to worry about, and easy as heck to use and store.

They're what I use on days that my pad won't do the job (thanks, body. I try to ignore you as much as I can...) or I'm gonna be swimming, etc.

So if your mom agrees, and they're in Singapore, that's my advice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
Can I ask a couple of questions?

When you say "one day when we are not granted toilet access" do you mean there will be no toilets anywhere? or there are but they refuse to let people make toilet stops? If it's the latter, I'm sure they could make an exception if you're on your period.

Also, do you use pads or tampons? Using tampons can allow you to do watersports/ swimming etc. They are also easier if you do have to have a day without toilet access (as long as you have a big bottle of water and some tissues on you).

I'm afraid I have no advice on how to shift your period, but just wanted to say that with planning, it can be managed (I've been camping on my period before).

But, yeah, periods suck.  :lol:

There won't be any toilets there at all, cos well be on some unknown jungle island thingy....

Anyway, I use pads. I find them much more comfortable. Tampons... Well to be honest I've never tried them, and I have this fear that they'll get stuck (I know... I know...) and stupid stuff like that... Hehe...

If tampons can solve this problem, it's time to consult my mum!

I switched to tampons a few months ago after using pads my whole life (I'm 37).  Pads were a disaster, never wanted to work, so I knew I had to make a change.  I was afraid to switch, too.  I thought they'd be uncomfortable.  Turns out it was the best decision I have made in a long time.  They're not uncomfortable.  It's almost like I don't even have my period at all when I'm using them!  No more accidents or spoiled clothes!  You have to pull hard and steady on the string, but they do come out and don't get stuck.  I would say go for it.  You'll be happy you did!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
I'm firmly in the tampon camp. I have some ultra thins on hand for those just-in-case times, but that's like if I'm having a heavy, I'm going to work, and I've only got regulars on me, or I'm horse riding. I've maybe had 1 leakage in the 6 years I've been using them? I'd never go back, honestly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal