collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to bring forward period?  (Read 9068 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
How to bring forward period?
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:09 AM »
Eheheh... Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable and stuff...

Anyways, my school is organizing an adventure camp (complete with WATER activities) and I'm so excited to go! I have to be, I paid almost 200 for it.

BUT THE WORST THING EVER HAPPENED! I was just recording data on my period diary when I realised that my next period will be during the camp!

There is one day when we are not granted toilet access, how am I going to survive? And I don't want my period to cause me so much headache that I can't enjoy my camp!

Is there anyway that I can bring my period forward without taking birth control pills? Or delay it? I really don't want to spoil this experience just because of this once in a month horror... (Actually it's not to bad, BUT I WANT TO KAYAK!)

Please help!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to bring forward period?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:01:25 AM »
birth control could either delay or start it depending on the kind you take but not recommend as doing it for a one time thing it can really throw your body off.

you might get lucky if you are stressed out to much about it, stress can start your period early. Like really have to get stress.

the only suggestion I can think is to over indulge in estrogen (supplement replacement over the counter for like  a week) and then suddenly stop taking it, but not a good idea.

I would consult a doctor for recommendation.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:21:10 AM »
Can I ask a couple of questions?

When you say "one day when we are not granted toilet access" do you mean there will be no toilets anywhere? or there are but they refuse to let people make toilet stops? If it's the latter, I'm sure they could make an exception if you're on your period.

Also, do you use pads or tampons? Using tampons can allow you to do watersports/ swimming etc. They are also easier if you do have to have a day without toilet access (as long as you have a big bottle of water and some tissues on you).

I'm afraid I have no advice on how to shift your period, but just wanted to say that with planning, it can be managed (I've been camping on my period before).

But, yeah, periods suck.  :lol:

**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:25:28 AM »
umm  i cant remember what its called, but ask your doctor! I know there are some things that you can take that postpone your period for a couple days. but I think you need to start taking them a couple days before your period is about to start. of course im not an expert, iv  never taken them, this is second hand information. definitely talk to your doctor :) they should have an answer for you.

my friend, and even my mom lol have asked for this specifically so they can avoid their periods during a vacation, so im only assuming that doctors dont mind giving it out for that reason.

The trip sounds like lots of fun, but why is there a day of no toilet access? o.o that just seems extremely unfair for this reason exactly xD I would be very distressed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:29:27 AM by TrueVampiress »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »
Can I ask a couple of questions?

When you say "one day when we are not granted toilet access" do you mean there will be no toilets anywhere? or there are but they refuse to let people make toilet stops? If it's the latter, I'm sure they could make an exception if you're on your period.

Also, do you use pads or tampons? Using tampons can allow you to do watersports/ swimming etc. They are also easier if you do have to have a day without toilet access (as long as you have a big bottle of water and some tissues on you).

I'm afraid I have no advice on how to shift your period, but just wanted to say that with planning, it can be managed (I've been camping on my period before).

But, yeah, periods suck.  :lol:

There won't be any toilets there at all, cos well be on some unknown jungle island thingy....

Anyway, I use pads. I find them much more comfortable. Tampons... Well to be honest I've never tried them, and I have this fear that they'll get stuck (I know... I know...) and stupid stuff like that... Hehe...

If tampons can solve this problem, it's time to consult my mum!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:50:25 AM »
I honestly had the same feelings about tampons before i used them, I still prefer pads. but for beach/swimparks tampons really are a life saver. hopefully there might be at least a couple of privacy tents? perhaps for changing or something?  in case you might need to change, like Whippycorn said, try and bring some separate water and tissues along if that's the case.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

flutterwry

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:07:13 AM »
 Well, if you took the pill, you could leave out that seven day break and just continue with the next pack. (But one shouldn't do that often, as it disturbs your hormonal balance.)

Women who are often on trekking trips etc. usually prefer menstrual cups, so they don't have to carry extra tampons or pads with them (...and keep the used ones fermenting in a plastic bag until they finally find a garbage can... :X) but just pull that thing out, pour out the blood, rinse it with water and put it back. However, to use these, it's essential to be comfortable with your own body and understand that the area below the navel is nothing to be afraid of. ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:08:53 AM by flutterwry »

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23:09 AM »
As Truevampiress said, you can get a medicine from a gyn doctor that postpone your period a couple of days.

A menstrual cup could be an alternative, since you don't have to empty it as often that you need to change tampoons or pads. But they can be a bit tricky to use, so if you haven't done it before maybe a camping trip isn't the best place to try it out.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
Yeah I got nothing. Me stressing over timing has always been enough to control mine pretty well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »
Buy a Divacup!  That thing used to last me ALL day, and I had insanely heavy periods.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

SharaLynn

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 08:07:48 AM »
I've never heard of a menstrual cup. Any time I've ever gone swimming, I use tampons. I'm not that heavy though, so it's never been a problem.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 09:32:24 AM »
I only used pads for a very long time, tampons seemed scary.  But once I got used to them, I stopped using pads for good.  You don't notice them at all (I've never had one get stuck) and it doesn't feel like running around with a little diaper on.  I'll never go back.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
The cup is wonderful, I recommend it wholeheartedly! I wish I had tried it sooner, it has saved me from many headaches and tricky situations. It's usually enough to empty it every 12 hours unless you're heavy, and in between you can happily forget about your period. Admittedly, it may be a little tricky to use if you're a virgin, and even if you're not, it may take a little while to get used to it - I always got leakages on the first day until I learned to position it correctly. But once you learn, it's pretty much idiot proof in a way pads or tampons can never be, and so comfy! Saves a lot of money, too. ;)

As for actually postponing your period, I can't offer any additional advice, I think you should contact your doctor. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:26 PM »
I've never used a menstrual cup but I would recommend using tampons if you're up for trying them :) I used to be afraid of tampons and them getting stuck too but I had a talk with my best friend and she gave me the courage I needed to try them. Now I only use pads when I go to sleep. Tampons are so much easier to use, there's rarely and mess, and you don't have to worry about it for a few hours after you put it in.

I hope you are able to figure something out :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
I love swimming so I learned how to use tampons straight away!  That would really be the easiest thing to do for this situation.  Definitely talk to your mom.   You could try a slender tampon with an applicator and practice on your next period before your trip.

It's really easy once you insert one a couple of times- you get the hang of the angle and just how far it needs to go to be comfortable where you don't even feel it.  You should never have a problem with getting it stuck- I think that would be rather difficult to do on accident!  The biggest thing with tampons is to change them when they are full or no longer than 6 hours (I think it's 6 hours).  Read the little pamphlet that comes with them about toxic shock syndrome. 

I even sleep in tampons, but I get up at least once a night to pee so it's not a big deal.

If you're camping/kayaking, you'll need some sort of seal-able container to put the used ones in so you can throw them away later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal