collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to bring forward period?  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: How to bring forward period?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
Aw- poor thing.

I agree with giving tampons a go.  Get the extra slender ones "lite days" or some such- if you are young and not used to tampons you will find them much more comfortable. 

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »
Really depends on how heavy your periods are though, the heavy ones would only last me 2 hours if most, so they're not good for everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
I have a Diva cup and you only empty it every 12 hours and no waste (since I'm sure you'll have to pack out everything.) Perfect for hard core camping!
Have fun!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
I'm another one of those who was scared to use tampons for aaaages! but once I gathered up enough courage, they were a blessing, so camping or not, I suggest you give them a try :) I was never brave enough to go for the cup though, but it seems like and even better deal ^^

I know there are some pills you can take to specifically delay the period by a few days, as was mentioned before, so you should probably talk to your gyn as soon as you can ^^

Good luck!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
A cup sounds like a good idea, if you're comfortable using one. I haven't before but I've heard great things about them. Tampons would also be good, if you can find a private place to change them when you need to.

Alternately, I've had some success inducing my period early taking largish amounts of vitamin C (I believe I took 10-13 g a day spread out throughout the day). It induced my period like 2 or so days early. I don't know if there are any adverse side effects from this though. I'd look in to it. I also don't know if would work for everyone.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
I would simply recommend taking the sugar pills a week early starting now. The sooner your body gets used to it the better, because sometimes our lady parts don't always play nice and have a mind of their own. I've had friends try to move their period around just once and it didn't work. Just keep taking your sugar pills the third week instead, and take the pills the fourth week. then it's still your regular 3 weeks on, one week off, just re-timed a little. Your body doesn't have any medical need to have a period on birth control anyways, so don't worry about it messing up your system too much, you'll adjust. Sounds like it'll be fun! :)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
I definitely recommend the Diva Cup in this situation!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »
I definitely recommend the Diva Cup in this situation!

I agree! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
Exercise and Stress and bring forth periods in my experience, but really you should talk to a doctor to make sure your not gonna hurt your body. I am sure that because your on your period they will understand if an emergency pops up, and use tampons and make sure you pack more then you think you need, you might even want to wear a light pad and a tampon when your not in the water.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »
I will never understand how tampons work I guess since I've never used them.
When you're swimming doesn't water get up there and.. expand it, rendering it useless for the menstrual flow?
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

spookysage

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 02:43:03 AM »
I will never understand how tampons work I guess since I've never used them.
When you're swimming doesn't water get up there and.. expand it, rendering it useless for the menstrual flow?

No more than water gets up there when you're swimming ordinarily! The string will get wet, but it doesn't really... wick, I suppose.

I love my menstrual cup, but if it's on pretty short notice you're probably better off getting used to tampons, even if it's just for situations like this. Tampons are pretty one-size-fits-all since they expand to fit (more or less), while menstrual cups (and people) come in different sizes and shapes, so it might take a little research to find the right one. I picked a Fleurcup, which meant I had to order it online, from France. I don't remember it taking too long to get to me, but it's definitely not a last minute item.

If you do want to look into one, though, the menstrual-cups LiveJournal community had a lot of good info. I learned a lot without even posting!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:50:42 AM by spookysage »

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 04:31:02 AM »
There are things you can get to delay your period, but some doctors are funny about prescribing it, and it doesn't always work for everyone. I was refused it once, and granted it once, and when I had it, it did delay it, but not for as long as it should have done.

I'm not a fan of tampons myself, but they are useful on occassion! If you have at least one more cycle before you go, I'd suggest trying them out beforehand :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »
Thanks to all who have replied! What I'm doing so far:

- Taking lots of vitamin C (as suggested)
- Stressing myself out about exams
- Persuading my mum to let me use tampons

I'm trying to get my mum to see things from my point of view, she's just asking me to 'sit out' from these activities. I don't mind trying something new if it means that I can enjoy my $300 camp!

><
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

flutterwry

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 05:41:02 AM »
  :shocked:
I hope I don't sound rude - if so, sincere apologies - but... somehow I find it really strange that you have to ask your mother to let you use tampons. Personally, I just got myself a few and went for it. Had a similar thing like you back then: I was 13 or 14 or so, there was a Sport Dies at my school which contained swimming, and it was clear that pads weren't a good idea.
Since that day, I didn't use surfboards pads any longer - and my mother had to accept that decision. Period. (<- Gee, that's a lame pun, isn't it?)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »
  :shocked:
I hope I don't sound rude - if so, sincere apologies - but... somehow I find it really strange that you have to ask your mother to let you use tampons. Personally, I just got myself a few and went for it. Had a similar thing like you back then: I was 13 or 14 or so, there was a Sport Dies at my school which contained swimming, and it was clear that pads weren't a good idea.
Since that day, I didn't use surfboards pads any longer - and my mother had to accept that decision. Period. (<- Gee, that's a lame pun, isn't it?)

Nope you don't sound rude at all!

Yeap I get what you mean, but in Singapore, parents can be CRAZILY overprotective. I even have to run a 'pony campaign' just to get some ponies for myself...

So there's no way that I can get tampons on the sly and try it... She'll go crazy if she finds out... Hahaha...

Hope you get what I'm saying! Hahaha!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal