collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game of Thrones! Spoilers galore!  (Read 477 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones! Spoilers galore!
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:52:21 PM »
The intention of this thread is for people who have read all the available books to discuss the books/show/theories etc! I can never remember which of my friends have read them all and who things will be a spoiler to so it'd be nice to talk to some other up to date fans.

This means pretty much everything we post will be a spoiler, so please BEWARE! If that's okay with you, let's get to talkin!  :biggrin:

Spoiler
To start off I just had a really funny thought! What if all the evil in Jaime Lannister's body was contained in his sword hand!  :lol:  So when they cut it off, he turned good lol. In all seriousness though, it seems at least symbolic of that. His sword hand, with which he has perpetrated so much evil, has been taken from him and he's forced to re-evaluate himself as a man.

I also found this nifty someone had made of all Dany's visions in the house of the undying.

"1) a scene where four men with rat faces are raping a beautiful woman;   
2) a feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter;   
3) old, dead, loyal Ser Willem Darry at the house with the red door from when Daenerys lived in Braavos;   
 4) a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes";      
5) a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play;      
6) a vision of Pyat Pree telling her the visit was over, and to follow him into a garden;      
7) a great hall with several robed people claiming to be the Undying of Qarth, who tell her, "We sent the comet to show you the way (to Qarth)…shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?", but it turns out to be sorcery.   
8) Viserys dying;      
9) a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion (probably Rhaego, her unborn son);    10) a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath;      
11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow;      
12) a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd;   
13) a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire;      
14) her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding;      
15) a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly;      
16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice;   
17) shadows dancing in a tent;[1]      
18) a little girl running toward a house with a red door;[2]   
19) Mirri Maz Duur shrieking in the flames as a dragon bursts from her;   
20) a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse;      
21) a white lion running through grass taller than a man;      
22) a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains;   
23) ten thousand slaves crying "Mother" as Daenerys rode by on her silver.[3]   

Some are fairly obvious but others are still kind of vague and unclear as of this point in the series. I'm interested in #16  the blue rose in the ice wall, as it points to Jon being Lyanna's son and possibly the third head of the dragon. A lot of people on some other forums seem to think Aegon is a fake? I don't see that though, he wouldn't have a knight of Westroros with him if he was a fake and he has the signature blonde hair and purple eyes.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:20:02 PM by Rhini »

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones! Spoilers galore!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »
Hi! Have to make a comment so I can follow this thread!

Interesting and fun sence I don't have anyone to discuss about this book serie. Well some but they haven't read the latest book. It hasn't been translated yet :/

I like that thought of Jamie :)

I think that 16 can also link to the babies?

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
I need to catch up on the series.  I've read the books.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
I'm actually in the process of re-reading the books.  We don't have HBO so I have to wait for it to come out on DVD!  We just finished the second season.  I was disappointed Strong Belwas and Whitebeard didn't make an appearance.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
I read the first two books last year. Just started the third book and am three episodes away from the end. Of season One.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »
I've read all of the books and am watching the show.  Saying that, I can't remember a lot of what happens in the books.

Spoiler
I certainly never picked up that Jon may be Lyanna's son. How interesting! 

I started out really disliking Jamie in the books but by about book three he was starting to win me over.  Now he is one of my favourite characters.  That's the great thing about this series, the characters are so well developed that you really invest in them.  I love Tyrion who has such a hard life, even though he's one of the 'biggest' men in the series.  And I even feel sorry for Theon.  What he did at Winterfell was terrible but I can understand his motivations and I certainly feel sorry for his position now.!

Still gutted they killed Khal Drogo too!

Jemstar666

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:00:00 AM »
Cant wait to read the 3rd book! I am watching the 3rd series first then follow with the books, as I read a clash of kings while watching also series 2, while the book was sooo good, it made series 2 tv adaptation look rubbish, so I am trying to watch and read them seperately so I can thoroughly enjoy both Versions of GOT. Down side is once I have read both A storm of swords after season 3 I have to wait another year and watch season 4 before I can start A feast of crows lol

valar morghulis

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »
Spoiler
That thought with Lyanna is very interesting, but why couldn't Eddard tell Catelyn? Why he took the blame and made Jon suffer too?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
Not my thing but have fun discussing. Though if the whole thread is spoilers anyway, why use the spoiler codes?  :what:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SparklersOasis

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
I thought in the third book there was a mention to Arya about someone being Jon's milk brother and I thought a name was mentioned that wasn't Lyanna.  I could be wrong though...

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »
Yeah that was Wylla who was mentioned if I remember correctly?

pallas

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »
Great thread, loving S3 so far and have read all the books. 

Jon's mother being Lyanna seems to be helped along by Selmy recalling Rheagar and Lyanna being a item in Book 5 and that's presumably why Ned could never reveal who Jon's mother is, though at this point who knows where GRRM will take this theory.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
Well Rhaegar really started the whole war by "kidnapping" Lyanna but the theory is they ran off together because she was pregnant and that the mysterious "illness" she died of was really childbirth. She makes Eddard swear upon her death that he won't reveal the truth to anyone, hence the whole story. No one really seems to know the truth of the matter as multiple theories/names are put forth by several people.

And we do need a third head of the dragon, that's for certain. Daenarys, Aegon and ? We know they have to be a Targaryen, so this is the only theory that fits in my mind. The only thing that makes me think possibly I'm wrong is the fact that Jon was burned earlier, and Dany insists true Targaryens cannot be harmed by fire. But he would only be half so, who knows?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 07:26:05 AM »
I have a real problem with calling the books A Game of Thrones. It's the name of the first book in the series and the TV show as well. However. The name of the bookseries is A Song of Ice and Fire! /end rant.

Siiri. The secret would not be safe with anyone. They tried to kill all Targaryens, even assassin Dany out in the Dothrakisea. Robert was not sad that the baby were smashed to pieces. If the story somehow came out that Jon was the son of Rheagar he would be dead faster than a crow flies. Ned loved Lyanna too much to let any harm come to her son.

I am still butthurt that nothing came of the relationship with the Hound and Sansa. I had so much hopes..

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »

I am still butthurt that nothing came of the relationship with the Hound and Sansa. I had so much hopes..

LOL!  :lmao: Yeah there was potential for an interesting relationship there but oh well I guess  :huh: Although there is a popular theory that he is actually alive, that he's living on that isle of monks in penance. After all, it is where Stranger (his horse) ends up, and when they're touring the island they see the silhouette of a large man with a limp digging.

But you bring up a good point, Robert would have killed the boy in an instant, and he wasn't the only enemy the Targaryens had. There would have been countless others who might have tried to use him to gain power, so it wouldn't have been safe for him no matter what. I still think Ned should have told Catelyn though instead of letting her hate him his whole life -.-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal