collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A total number of each of the four Generations???  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A total number of each of the four Generations???
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »
I think I think too much! Lol! :)

Me too Sabrina!!

And thank you for the info :biggrin:

That's ok! :)

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
The g3 checklist on my little wiki is prob more accurate for variants and releases :) I've got it saved to my pute, but have never actually counted them all.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
Yes Applejack, Bow Tie, Firefly and Medley are the main short and long hair versions. However...someone mentioned the fact that there are 2 Cherries Jubilee - one long hair and one short hair. This is true...but then are you also going to include dark symbol Lickety Split as she is also a different release? Also it should be noted that there is a difference between the first and second releases of Moondancer and of Glory [although its minimal] and also are you including all the MO releases of the CPs and Rainbows?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »
Yes Applejack, Bow Tie, Firefly and Medley are the main short and long hair versions. However...someone mentioned the fact that there are 2 Cherries Jubilee - one long hair and one short hair. This is true...but then are you also going to include dark symbol Lickety Split as she is also a different release? Also it should be noted that there is a difference between the first and second releases of Moondancer and of Glory [although its minimal] and also are you including all the MO releases of the CPs and Rainbows?

Um..... lol! Hmm. I haven't included them on my list at the moment. I'm still making decisions about all that. :)
Do you know what the differences between the first and second releases of Moondancer and Glory are?
I only have them on my list once because I couldn't tell if they were the same or not. They are my two favourite ponies so I definitely want to make sure I get all the variations of them. :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 12:58:51 AM »
It's a minefield I tell you!! :silly:

I have collector pose regular release and MOs, playset ponies and their corresponding MOs from both HK and China, I don't have two different lickety splits though, what's the difference other than symbol colouring? What I mean is where were each released? I have the various Posies and different Kiss Curls but Lickety has evaded me :P

What are the differences between the store and MO releases of the Rainbows? Is there a notable difference?

What about Moondancer and Glory, what's the difference there?

I suppose it would depend how notable the differences are as to whether I'd add a second release of them into the list *nods*

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 01:05:57 AM »
Wow, very interesting thread! I knew G1's would have the highest count, but my goodness!! So many more than I ever knew. It's all those crazy Nirvanas out there. Impressive! ^-^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 05:21:53 AM »
It's a minefield I tell you!! :silly:

I have collector pose regular release and MOs, playset ponies and their corresponding MOs from both HK and China, I don't have two different lickety splits though, what's the difference other than symbol colouring? What I mean is where were each released? I have the various Posies and different Kiss Curls but Lickety has evaded me :P

What are the differences between the store and MO releases of the Rainbows? Is there a notable difference?

What about Moondancer and Glory, what's the difference there?

I suppose it would depend how notable the differences are as to whether I'd add a second release of them into the list *nods*

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. If there is a noticeable difference I include the variant in my list.

How can you tell if you have a regular release collector pony or a MO collector pony? At the moment I only have them down as either FF or CF.

I don't know the differences between the store and MO Rainbow Ponies either.

How many Posies are there? I have 3 written down (so soft, lighter tulips and darker tulips).

Peachy I have 2 written down (CF & FF)

Lemon Drop - Hong Kong & China releases?

Sprinkles - lavender & pink versions.

I only have Majesty down once though because I thought there wasn't any difference between her releases?

With Kiss Curl I have the 2 symbol variations.

I'm really confused with how many Cherries Jubilees there are. Because it looks like both the short and long hair releases come with either dark or light symbols? Or it could have been the lighting in the photos I was looking at. I can't even remember what site I was on now.  :lookround:

You're right, it is definitely a minefield! Lol!  ^.^

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
Yeah I have the FF's as store release and CF's as MO. I don't know of any difference between Cotton Candy and (was it?) Blossom who were store releases with Applejack & co.

I also have 3 Poseys, same as you/

Peachy - we have FF, store release CF with writing under all 2 hooves only, MO with writing under all 4 hooves and made in China

Lemon drop - same as Peachy except no FF

MO Majesty has "a receding hairline", her hair plugs start notably further back than the store release

Kiss Curl has 2 symbol versions as well as one Made in China. I don't think the China one has two symbol variations like the HK one but I could be wrong.

I think CJ with paler symbols is down to fading :)

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 05:56:56 AM »
Thanks Sarah-Bee! :)

I'll add the ones I missed to my list. :)

I did the same with the collector ponies. The only thing is that I know for a fact that my CF Blossom came from the store because she was my first ever pony. But I've included her in the MO section anyway just because I put the other CF collector ponies in there. I spent ages on that decision because of that. Lol! Ah dear. I'm so good at creating pony drama for myself. :lol:

It's really cool other people are working on pony lists too. :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 06:43:25 AM »
I found this old thread about MO rainbow ponies and the main difference is their glitter. The glitter on the MOs is less glittery and more just shiny :) It is a notable difference as I have MO Trickles (I know because she was in her bag when I bought her) has a lot less glitter and I actually though the bag had rubbed a lot of it off. The rainbows will be added to my list :) (the ones included in MO are in the thread I linked for those who want to know)

Next question! is there a difference between Butterscotch in the US and the one that was released in the UK with the gymkhana set??
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:01:04 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 08:36:27 AM »
Just read the link you posted. Thanks! :)
Ok, MO Rainbow ponies being added to my list too.
Does that mean all the MO Collector ponies are darker in colour than the store release ones? I have noticed when I've seen pictures of other people's Blossoms that sometimes there will be one darker than mine.....

I'm not sure about Butterscotch yet. When I read about the gymkhana release Butterscotch I just made a note to work it out later. Felt too hard at the time. Lol!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
Lickety Split with dark cones was released with the cross over set in Scandinavia along with CJ, CP Applejack and CP Bowtie, the other half of the set was Snowflake, white Tootsie, Hopscotch and Posey with the dark tulips. For me, I think if you are including the alternate version of Posey and CJ, Lickety Split is also a different release so should be included.

No - no difference between the Gymkhana Butterscotch and the regular version.

Yes, there is a distinct difference between the MO CP ponies. One day I will manage comparison pics lol. No its not all that they are darker. Blossom is almost a different colour altogether rather than just being a darker or lighter version of her store bought version. Its not as simple as FF v CF - the concave versions were store release before they were mail order ponies.

Did I miss anything which hadnt been answered?

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »
Thanks Hathorcat, that's really great! :)

Yeah, I agree. I can't leave Lickety Split out. And I'll add store release CF collector ponies.
I'll do some research and see if I can find some comparison pictures of the store and MO Collector Ponies and Rainbow Ponies. I need to work out which ponies I've got in my herd....

That was pretty much everything. I'm just not sure about the differences between the 2 releases of Moondancer and Glory?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
I wasn't sure on G1, but G2 I can have a look at...

186 G2's, including variant Blue pearls and Seabreezes.

Strawberryreef's G3 checklist should list all G3 releases, I'll have to download it again, I don't have an unedited version on my PC (I removed the one's I didn't want to get, lol!)
  I counted 190 G2's on the Strawberryreef.com site a  while back and yeah there are many versions of  some of the ponies like
Ivy ,Light hearth ,Sweet Berry  and other ones as well

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:13:30 PM by Houstonbrony72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »
220! Well I was just looking at my list and added and removed a couple I couldn't find any evidence of.. I'll have another look!

edit: Okay, just counted up on strawberry reef and I got 187. I'm going to have to reveiw my list and compare with SBR & Summer's book.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:24:36 PM by Stormness_1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal