collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How picky are you?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
How picky are you?
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
Are you very picky with your dolls? if there is some missing eyeshadow or lipcolor or something wrong with the makeup?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: How picky are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
Pretty picky.. I will not buy a doll any of the following things occur on the doll:

If I see the doll's scalp while she is in box
If paint is missing
If paint is where it shouldn't be, this includes eyes printed too high or too low
If one eye looks smaller than the other
If her clothing has obvious tears or loose seams
If her knees show signs of splitting
If her plastic is deformed

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:18 AM »
picky.
i will shift thru to find one with the best face.
or touch them up myself. or change something I dislike.

but I am picky about my pony collection too....mint condition!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
Ooh, I didn't ever think to look for that kind of stuff, but that's good to watch for.

I'm more picky about which characters I like. for instance, I personally don't want Spectra because her face looks too adult-like. :P And I like dolls with long hair instead of short hair, and the hair-do is a big seller for me. And I'm not big on the vampire CAMs because, as my 4 year old will point out, "they look angry!" ;)

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »
im really picky too!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »
I'm a little picky, I guess. I won't stand there and scrutinize every aspect of the doll, but I do sift through and pick one that doesn't have messy hair or missing/badly aligned paint.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:53:05 AM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »
I don't mind a slight imperfection,but if its obvious for example you can tell just by looking at the doll in the box that the eye is obviously larger that the other, or if you're can see a bald spot while she is in the box ect.. I check the face ups and clothes as well. I want the doll to look pretty good, she don't have to be perfect but for a doll thats gonna cost me at least $20 i'd like her to at least look really nice. Same goes for the $15 doll. :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
I'm not incredibly picky but my dolls are all selected based how how in tact their faceup is. The eyes can't be crooked and none of the paint can be missing. And if I'm torn between two dolls, I pick the one with the better hair :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
I'm not picky at all...I've never seen "wonnk eye" and I'm pretty sure it's because I am just oblivious to it, You'd have to specifically point out the imperfections FOR me, for me to notice them...only time I've had issues are when it was something major, like 2 left hands or 2 left limbs....otherwise I'm easy to please :P

Shahaila

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
I consider myself picky.  I usually go in to purchase a specific doll.  I will pull every single one of them the store has and look at all of them.  I look for the best face, hair, and outfit.  The face and hair being the most important aspects.  I will not buy a doll with smudged paint or obvious (as in draws my eye right to it) imperfections.  I was a little bummed when I opened my Swim Class Lagoona because upon taking her sunglasses off I found that her freckles were not even, but it was super hard to tell with the sunglasses.  I am getting used to her, but it still bugs the crud out of me.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:56 PM »
Pretty picky.. I will not buy a doll any of the following things occur on the doll:

If paint is missing
If paint is where it shouldn't be, this includes eyes printed too high or too low

I look for the exact same things.  I'm probably even picker though, because I also check the clothes to make sure they are sewn as perfectly as possible, with all the seams straight and buttons lined up, and everything symmetrical.  Even if I pick up a doll that looks good at first blush, I still check every other doll to make sure there's not one that's better.  If I'm spending $30 on a toy for myself, you bet your bippy it's going to be the most beautiful one on the shelf.

I had a dilemma recently when buying sig. Venus - one had perfect clothes and the other had a perfect face.  I opted for the one with perfect clothes, since I can always repaint the face or get another version of Venus down the line, but the clothes are unique and not reproducible.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »
I'm definitely picky. I'm picky about my pony collection as well. The face is the biggest thing for me, though. I will stand there in the store and look over all the copies of whichever doll I'm looking for to find the nicest one. I try to make sure the eyes are both an equal distance from the nose, that neither is higher than the other or smaller than the other and I make sure there's no missing or smeared paint. Once I know the face is ok, then I look at other things like the clothes, leg seams, hair, etc.

Shahaila

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
I look for the exact same things.  I'm probably even picker though, because I also check the clothes to make sure they are sewn as perfectly as possible, with all the seams straight and buttons lined up, and everything symmetrical.  Even if I pick up a doll that looks good at first blush, I still check every other doll to make sure there's not one that's better.  If I'm spending $30 on a toy for myself, you bet your bippy it's going to be the most beautiful one on the shelf.
That is me in a nutshell!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »

If paint is missing

this is pretty much my checklist too!! XD I'm very very picky. Heck, calling me picky is an understatement!! I ALWAYS Have to check and make sure everything is perfect before I buy a ghoul. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Melissa

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 04:40:23 PM »
I am a moderately picky collector. I'm not going to scrutinize every little thing, but there are some things I look for...

With Rochelle, I am very picky about how her face looks. I looked at probably 20 Scaris Rochelles before I found a face that didn't look like she had some type of pox.

I do look for visible seem splits in both limbs and clothing.

Eye wonk or bad hair are not deal breakers, because I'm not a MIB collector and I see those thing as a chance for face repainting or hair reroots.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal