collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How picky are you?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How picky are you?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »
Not very picky at all. Half the time I find the doll I want and just pick her up. Don't even bother looking for the "best" one.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 07:20:05 AM »
Why do I keep coming to this thread .... just makes me want to go doll shopping LOL

Melissa

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 07:25:26 AM »
Why do I keep coming to this thread .... just makes me want to go doll shopping LOL
This whole section does that to me, and I can't leave the house right now. Have to stay with my puppy who's recovering from surgery.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »
I'm not super picky. I like my eyes to be straight, the hair to be decent, no lip smears, and no cracks in the plastic. Other than that, I like the imperfections.

My Signature Venus has a spot where the paint brush touched her upper lip after painting her lower fang. So she has an extra upper fang. I like it :)

suicidemilk23

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
I am very picky, I will check every doll on the shelf for the most perfect one I can find, and unless it's a really hard to find doll I won't pick one up if there isn't a perfect one. And if it is not perfect but hard to find I buy it until I find a better one. I collect NIB so she must look perfect in her box. This is what I look for:

Hair: No flyaways or stray strands anywhere, even as possible bangs and things of that nature, and if the doll is supposed to have certain styled hair I will find the one that looks closest to that. (Like with PD Lala, it's hard for me to find one with good hair IMO.) Also, if I see any bald or thin spots I won't pick that doll.

Face: No wonk eye, eyes must be evenly placed as well as their eyebrows! I don't want two different shaped and placed eyebrows. No paint smearing anywhere, no paint chipped off from the face, etc. If I have to choose between a perfect face and perfect hair (If I really have to.) I will choose a perfect faceup.

Body and Clothes: No split seems. With the clothes, I try to get them as best looking as possible. Is her skirt hanging down the way it should or is part of it accidentally hiked up or turned up? I don't like that.

Lastly, I also want nice boxes. No crushed boxes for me. I sound like a doll snob now, lol.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
I'm not super picky. I like my eyes to be straight, the hair to be decent, no lip smears, and no cracks in the plastic. Other than that, I like the imperfections.

I agree, the only time I was truly upset was a CAM with two left legs. LOL!

nyanpotato

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
I will not buy the doll if it has cracked seams,Poorly made clothing,Poorly styled or rooted hair,Has to have evenly cut bangs!,No wonky eyes,No chipped or smeared paint,And for Rochelle/Lagoona I always have to make sure that Lagoona's has perfect freckles,And for Rochelle's I always need to check the placements of her little "speckles",Sometimes some badly placed ones look like bad acne o.o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal