collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Twisted Red - FINAL GLAM SHOT PHOTOS 10-31-13  (Read 10553 times)

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
Twisted Red - FINAL GLAM SHOT PHOTOS 10-31-13
« on: April 13, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
Here it is The final set of glam shots.
Go to my DA page for larger shots. I mean BIG. If you like to get right up on your screen and study the photos, like I do. Worry not I had you in mind while making this photo strip.
http://tamisery.deviantart.com/art/Twisted-Red-by-Tamisery-wideversion-410685639
Enjoy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Up next is Princess of Darkness. She's requested a full costume sculpt of a Twisted Red Riding hood.
Here we go. We'll start off with a simple dashed off moc-up. See if she likes the general direction.

I'm so sorry for such a long long delay in progress here. So much so,that in a feeble attempt to make amends I've gone through three work sittings to really have something to show for the time lost.
And in a feeble attempt to pass the buck... Two weeks of this time laps isn't my fault.
"well then who's fault is it??"
My baby's! That who. He got into my office and was messing around. We (my husband and I) were particularly tired this particular morning and neither of us were particularly worried about shooing him out. I do recall looking back over my shoulder and catching a glimps of him playing with the bait. At the time the pony was simply stripped down. She was just nude, therefor no need to worry about any kind of toddler destruction.
I went in that night to start work and couldn't find it. I searched and I searched annnnd I searched! Nothing, it was just gone. dropped into baby oblivion. The same place Megatron's mass goes when he transforms in to a gun. Two weeks (roughly) later I needed to make a print to fill an Etsy order. In opening the top of the printer to refill an ink cartridge... there it was. A pony crammed in my printer. Nothing broken or remotely messed up thankfully. she was just sitting there nested next to the printer head.
After that it's just been a string of baby not sleeping nights and being too exhausted, or simply evening plans not allow for it.
"But really...it's still your fault for letting your kid play with it and not watching him."
Your right, but... F U for pointing it out.

But that's remedied now. So here you go, the first working update.

Once again I'm so late with the next update. My husband was away in China for a few weeks. so it was just me and a baby. I was too G D tired to even think about sculpting.  I'll trade sculpting lessons for free baby sitting. any takers? no?
So now she has a tattered cape!
Tomorrow god willing, I'll have her hood ant the support layer for the pelt.

Hey guys! I wanted to specifically show you this part. It's very simple and very supportive... get it? cause it's a support. ok you might not have recognized it as that. So I'll explain further. referring back to the concept sketch. go ahead I'll give you time to scroll up. Meet me back here in six seconds.
Your late! One more tardy and I'll just pack up my toys and leave.

Anyway, refreshed on the image? good.
She's wearing the wolfs pelt, right. I'm sure you get it now. Instead of sculpting the fur of the pelt directly to her, Thus flattening out the entire look. I've simply layered down a thin thin sheet of clay to act as the "skin" of the pelt. And allowed it to dry. Now the magic here is that it will also add more realism to it since the fur will be sculpted to this skin layer.
Sometimes thinking how something is constructed in real life can help you problem shoot in art life.

Speaking of art life... OH, check that seg-way! smooth like buttah. I just have to mention this, cause I'm proud of the leap I took. You see that banner in my sig. My luck as I'm typing this it's been replaced by "big sig".
Some might not know that my web name is "Tamisery". The "poniesyeah" name is just my Arena handle. A awkwardly chosen, couldn't think of anything at the time-handle. Tamisery, is my over all umbrella name. Under that name you can find all my artistic activities and goings-ons. The latest being the podcast interview mentioned in the sig banner.

This is something that's very much out of my comfort zone. but I'm glad I did it.
My episode is currently up. Here to wet your whistle, is the highlight description or liner note posted with the episode.
"This week's episode is an interview with the graphic artist/designer/vinyl toy customizer known as Tamisery (www.etsy.com/shop/Tamisery) about her biggest lessons in life and artistry so far. Listen to find out how being a new mom, the challenges of being a largely self-taught artist, the importance of perseverance and much more factor into those lessons. This one is especially for you burgeoning artists and fans of Tamisery, but even if you are simply into honest and ultimately inspiring discussions about life and art, this one might be for you!"

So please, go ahead click it. and take a listen. Then meet me on my FB page and let me know your thoughts!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tamisery/489246547791396

On to horsin around.

S'cuse me while I rant. It's been a rough past couple weeks. The tot went from mercifully sleeping through the night to suddenly needing one of us with him. Plus he finally started jail breaking his crib. So we've abandoned it in favor of a twin mattress on the floor. so it's been nothing but rough nights. And for some reason I've been having a nasty bout of depression. not quite sure why. Mostly art related so I've been spending some time working on anatomy drawing in order to quell it.
So here we are with another pony update. The fur has mostly been added. I'll add more here n' there. The tail is started some too.
Enjoy.

Come and get yo self sum tail!

in other news. The Street family house hold is locked (at only 19 months) in full terrible twos, toddler mode. and I'm about ready to put a baby up on Ebay.
Too bad we can't list him as MIB or NRFB. We could say however "Rare hard to find, light color variant with blue eyes. seeing as he has grey-blue eyes in contrary to our both having dark eyes. And his near strawberry blond hair flying flippantly in the face of our dark near black hair. AND his day-glow contrasting white skin defying our medium brown skin...
Why, I think I can set the reserve rather high.

on to the pewny.

I got the wolf head going. Both PD and I had a hard time with choosing the eye color here. Do we go with classic wolf eye color: amber. Or a hypothetical experiment with something I think can mimic dead eyes and has a complimentary tint to all the red that will be used?
We went with dead eyes.

DIG TI! Two updates in one week.
This is only because I'm sitting here with a touch of food poisoning (WORTH IT!) making friends with the terlet and cold tile floor every few minuts... And Poppy has the boogs (my son. Boogs short for Booger)
So between Yarking my guts I got a little work done.
s'all good.
The wold pelt is done ya'll!

I had her finished a couple nights ago but couldn't photo and post till now. I took a swan dive down the stairs. You should have seen it. It was the most graceful fall in human history. I would have won gold for it.
As no one was there to see it (thank GAWD!) that's my story. in reality I fell going UP the stairs and it was a mess of human limbs, wall and step edges down all four steps.
I have a sprained ankle, sprained knee and a contusion (that scarier sounding med word for a bruise) on my forearm.  all on the right side. Im being made fun of nightly by my husband and loving in-laws. But Jokes on them, thet're the ones who have to watch mah toddler all day now.
S'cuse me while I go prop my leg back up and RE-to-the-LAX.

HIP  HOP HURRAAAAY! For baby-free day!
So for the most part I have my color roughly blocked in.
Pro-Tip Ya'll!  I generally don't use black to paint black things. Actual black paint has become more of a tinting tool. What I use for a black black is either solid Dioxazine Purple or a mixture of that and the deepest darkest blue I can find.
These "near blacks" become darker and deeper than any black labeled tube. Especially when glazed. Why? I forgot how the science works in it. sorry, I really did used to know. Then I sneezed or something.
I remember it has something to do with the pigment quantity. In theses colors the pigment is rich, firm, fully packed. Awwww yeaaah!
Ever find yourself sitting there applying endless coat after endless coat of a yellow. And it just seems like it'll never become a solid opaque layer? This is because most yellows have a very very low pigment content. It's yellow man, the saturation is so high it doesn't need much pigment to be what it is.
These kinds of yellows are primarily manufactured for color tinting or transparent color glazing.
There are opaque yellows out there. you just need to make sure the label specifies. Usually by a symbol.

So yeah going back to the purple... compared to this as a base coat any black would look super matte and almost grey.

Class is adjourned. Homework due by next Monday. OR YOU'LL REPEAT THE YEAR!

Sorry to photo and run (resulting in the slightly fuzzy pic) but this is the only window of opportunity I have for the next couple days.
As you can see I've got some of the shading going. The cape I think I'll lighten up a bit. things are looking a little "Mcfarlane toys" dark. Some of the color variance can't be seen in this pic unfortunately.
And don't nobody laugh at my "Dummies" book in the back ground.

Pelt is mostly done. The eyes need to be cleaned off.
Trying a new sealer since sculpy changed their gloss sealer formula. Taking "Jo Sonja" brand for a test drive. I gotta say it's some nice stuff. Thanks to Bee-chan and the Woos for turning my eye to it.
I think next I'll do the hair falling out from under the pelt, her spaghetti strap top... and finish blacking in the tail, corset and boots. F that tail. I painted myself into corner on that one. HA! But really. G D the nooks and crannies are giving me heck.
For now she sits. best to let everything cure.

While that's happening... S'cuse me while I put on the Transformers animated movie (1986 yo. BotCon edition!) sound track and get in some illustration time.
"dang bro! that there is some nerdery."
WHAT? I can't hear you. the base line on "Instruments of destruction" to mad sick!

Did I make it! She's done in time for Halloween!
Yes I think she is.
I'm gonna see if I can get some time over the weekend to give her a decent photo shoot then it's off to her awaiting home next week.

Also guys. I'll be on MLP talk next (this coming) Monday, 10-28. I admit I've never listened to the show (just found out about it recently.) So I have no clue what it's going to be like.
But I got the kid all set to go grace nana with his love, joy and toddler demolition powers. If we go over to pick him up and find he's taped up in a box (they just moved in to the house next door) We'll completely understand. Shoot as long as they though enough to put in air hole and maybe a feeding door we're totes cool with it.
We'll roll dice or something to see who has to change the wizzle paper each day.
Fantastic modeling of child care aside. I'm excited for this. Tune in and let me know what you guys think.
I expect I'll be dropping customizing related infos. What else are they gonna ask me about really.? My knowledge of gem stones? While I did actually become certified in gemology I doubt they'd ask a single rock question.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: WIP thread for PrincessofDarkness - Twisted Red
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
Oooooh :rubs hands together excitedly:

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
Yup. Totally love the direction you are heading ^.^

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
Hate it cause its not for me :P  (but really...wicked)
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48:53 PM »
lol, cant wait!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »
New fave thread!! Can't wait to see how this one turns out :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »
Love the design! PoD will be soooooooo lucky!!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »
oooh... I can't wait to see this one!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline AusMLP

• The Pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Parasol & PoD Customs Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 03:07:24 AM »
OMG looks like its going to be EPIC!!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 06:29:22 AM »
You're brilliant!!  I'll be stalking this thread like crazy:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 11:37:10 AM »
Such an interesting concept! =)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
Delightfully creepy!  Find a small stuffed wolfy to gut, or sculpted? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »
Delightfully creepy!  Find a small stuffed wolfy to gut, or sculpted? 

To be honest. I hadn't thought of using a tiny plush. I think it could be done effectively if the original plush was sized right and the fur trimmed back here n' there for added realism. But I'm not the one to try it. I'll be sculpting this pelt.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
Cool! Looking forward to this one!

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile