collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone actually order mail-order Ponies?  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone actually order mail-order Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »
I always wanted to order but mom wouldn't do it for me.  I finally did get to order one: Stocking.  I was older and so I did it all on my own with my babysitting money.  I thought she was so special and beautiful with her perfect unplayed with hair.  All my other ponies were played with, but she was just displayed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
I did do G3 the mail order system, Got just about everything.

I did have Mengenta Satin N lace, And the entire set of purely baby ponies But sold them,
Well I have purely Moon Dance And Purely Suprize for sale still.
:accomplished:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
I was able to the Scoops with her shop set, and mommy and baby set. I was stupid and sold that mommy and baby a few years back :( I did send in for the whole Pearlized baby set and they were sold out. They sent all the stuff back. That was when they stopped the G1 ponies :(

I never collected the G2 ponies.

And I was able to the two G3 ponies along with the posters and I want to say one more thing. But I cant remember what it was?????

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38:51 PM »
My sister and I each had a Lavender Satin n' Lace. I don't seem to have them anymore though :( I have most of our childhood ponies but many that I remember I can't seem to find. Hopefully my mom has them in a box somewhere.

I would love if they did mail order ponies again. I collected the points for G3's but I wasn't as active at that time since I was buying them for my future daughter that I hoped to have, lol (and yay, I got her!). Unfortunately I had all the points collected and then they stopped the mail order program, I was too slow.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
I had the biggest bag full of Horseshoe Points when I was younger, along with the forms all filled out and the ponies I wanted in the booklets circled, but I could never get my parents to mail them out for me. I remember pining after the Pearly and TAF babies and carrying the booklets around with me, but the promotions all expired and I ended up throwing everything away without ever sending away for them.

It's probably just as well. My mother gave away all of my childhood ponies to her friend's daughter when I was a teenager. I'd seriously be kicking myself right now, lol.

I keep wishing they'd bring the point system and mail-order exclusives back again someday. :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 01:40:12 PM »
The only mail orders offered in Australia were the baby Embers and the birth flower ponies.
I was able to get three Embers, but by the time I was able to send away, they'd run out of pink ones so I ended up with a lavender and two blues.
Didn't have money of my own, so the $30 needed to order the flower set was always out of reach. As were the pony purchases to get enough points.

When the G2 and G3 mail orders were announced, I knew they would be US only again, so I had to organise trades for them :)

I very much doubt there will be any more mail order ponies. The collector's market is so big now there would be way too many orders to fill and too much hassle from people who miss out. It's bad enough having the convention exclusives.

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
Yup! Got Rapunzel in the mail!! I didnt really like her because she had too much hair~! :P
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
Yes, pretty much all my mail orders came directly from hasbro. except for the duplicate released ponies which I had no interest in ordering anyway. I think there was only one I didn't manage to get and it was either baby Gametime or Sugarcake. I did order her but hasbro ran out :( I managed to eventually get her on ebay.

I even still have some of my packing slips showing my orders, etc. Here is one I managed to scan in, it's for when I ordered Rapunzel and Mom and Baby Pony.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
Yeppers, and well do I remember getting them! ^.^  The excitement of getting mail, the ripping-into a parcel, and then the wonderful pony within...

I had the following MOs:

Baby Ember (Blue)
Baby Ember (Pink)
Baby Ember (Purple)
Birthflowers March, April, May, June, November, and December
MO Minty
MO Snuzzle
MO Butterscotch

and then my interest in MO ponies kind of petered out. :lookround:

I do wish they'd bring back the option, though.  Imagine being able to order, say, G4 Minty for pony points?  Hey, Hasbro... there's an idea for you! :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »
Yes, pretty much all my mail orders came directly from hasbro. except for the duplicate released ponies which I had no interest in ordering anyway. I think there was only one I didn't manage to get and it was either baby Gametime or Sugarcake. I did order her but hasbro ran out :( I managed to eventually get her on ebay.

I even still have some of my packing slips showing my orders, etc. Here is one I managed to scan in, it's for when I ordered Rapunzel and Mom and Baby Pony.

Ok, that packing slip is awesome!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
Alas the options for MO ponies in the UK were really very limited and we didnt get the same range as the US. So no...no mail order ponies for me.

Karen - I am loving that form under $10 for MO mom and baby...if only...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »
I tried to get the TAF six babies but they were sold out  ,  I was sooo sad over that.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
Alas the options for MO ponies in the UK were really very limited and we didnt get the same range as the US. So no...no mail order ponies for me.

Karen - I am loving that form under $10 for MO mom and baby...if only...

Yea, I have other forms like that for some other ponies, I have no idea why I kept them but it's cool to look back at the stuff sometimes and remember the fun of actually ordering ponies and saving up money so I could order them.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »

Aww... yes there was a lot of staring and wishing on my part too.  Now I just want the pamphlet back.

I ordered a Purple Ember and somehow ended up with a purple and blue one.   I never gathered enough pony points fast enough for the others. :(
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »
It was too early for me with G1 and I wasn't interested in ponies during the G3 mail orders. (I don't remember if there even were mail orders for G1 LPS?) However I was collecting again when they did the mail away for the rooster for G2 LPS and since I had enough stickers I mailed away for it. Sadly they stopped mail aways but I am so happy I have my rooster.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal