collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone actually order mail-order Ponies?  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Did anyone actually order mail-order Ponies?
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »
I wanted some of the G1 mail-orders so bad. I had the booklet about Satin 'N Lace's wedding and all the Ponies to go with that, and I'd read it over and over longing for them all. I never got to have any of those.

I was so happy that I got to get the G2 mail-order Seabreeze. There was something so exciting about loading all the necessary points and the dollar bill into the envelope and mailing it off. I still remember when Seabreeze came through our mail slot.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Did anyone actually order mail-order Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
That sounds great... I really wish Hasbro would bring back MO ponies and Pony Points, at least. I only had one childhood pony that I can remember, Wind Drifter. So in a way my collection is a bit of childhood wish fulfillment of having a house full of toys and being able to do whatever I want with them! XD

I don't think I knew much about the various ponies that came out when I was little, so I probably wasn't even aware of the mail order ponies.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »
I ordered MO Seabreeze as well ^^ i still remember opening the mail box and finding her in there. i was ecstatic! :heart: Sadly I was born a little late and missed the wonders of G1s on store shelves :( But I loved finding them at garage sales ;D
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
I bugged my mom to get the wedding set. I remember her complaining that she had to spend twelve dollars or such. :lol: I lost Satin N Lace though, yet have a perfectly mint Tux (except for his bow, which I can't get pristine white). Bizarre.

I vaguely remember Pearly Cotton Candy as well, but I lost her. I probably got a lot of stuff that I just don't recall.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »
I ordered the ponies (and everything else) from the G3 Pony Points Program. :) Well, except Frilly Frocks, and I had enough points to cover her (and pay the actual shipping) but when I went to get the form she was discontinued :( I've since found and bought her. ;)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Cherokie-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »
I ordered quite a few!  My first mail-order pony was blue Ember; later I got Lucky, and after him came pearlized Babies Firefly, Glory and Moondancer (the three baby ponies whose regular versions I never got).  There may have been others, but I can't remember now.  If I can ever dig my way to the big crate of ponies buried out in the garage...

I loved looking at those little catalogues and fantasizing about being able to order every single pony in them.  For a while, at least...I remember looking at the later catalogues from 1990 or so and thinking some of those mail-order ponies were really ugly, haha.  I loved the little dioramas they set up to advertise the ponies, though.  I wished I had little props and stuff to build scenes like that for my toys.

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
My sister and I were really into the mail-order ponies for G1 and our mom enabled us.  We had:

Pink Ember
Lavender Ember
My Little Pony Sticker Album
Baby Lucky
Pearlized Baby Blossom
Pearlized Baby Cotton Candy
Scribbles
Goldilocks
White Valentine Twin
Purple Valentine Twin
Tux 'n Tails

Oh, and the six pack of "Collector's Ponies."

I think my sister saved her Lavender Ember, Baby Lucky, Goldilocks, a Purple Valentine Twin, Butterscotch and Tux 'n Tails.  I on the other hand was completely useless when it came to saving mail-order ponies and gave all mine away...  :cry:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:57:35 PM by Sumire »
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
I was never allowed a mail order as a child but have many of them now to make up for it. I also took full advantage of the g3 mail order program.

nsunshine

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
I got to order 1 thing from the MO catalogue back in the 80's, and my mom picked it out....it was the mommy and baby set...i REALLY hated them, I just was not a fan of the poses and they seemed so plain to me!!! But dang, am I glad she did!!! I still have them, although the pink is almost faded away, and since I really didn't like them, I didn't really play with them!!! Thanks mom!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
I only ever got Sun Shimmer through mail order.  Was going for Dazzle Surprise but they were out, so they sent her instead.  No complaints; she's so much prettier. :P

I wish they'd bring back the mail order system.  I'd be all over it...

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
I've come to the party late and I never got to experience such a thing  :(
But I do hope that they do mail-order ponies again for G4, because how exciting would that be! They'd get lots of orders for them!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »
Yep,

I did the mail order for:
G2 Seabreeze
G3 Dazzle Surprise
G3 Sunshimmer (I think that's her name)
And the blue one with red hair and and evelope on her rear. Forgot the G3's name.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »
I only ever got Dazzle Surprise and Love Wishes. I was born too late to get any G1s, and although I saved my points up in G2 and wanted so badly to send away for Seabreeze, I never did for some unknown reason (though I got her online a bit after I started collecting <3). I did have the "A Day at the Beach" pamphlet, and man, I wanted to send away for those ponies like crazy.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
I just wasn't that into ponies at that age. I liked the ones I had but I wasn't horse crazy so much until the last year of G1. We did kool-aid points though.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
I remember starring at those bookletts forever when i was little. I really wanted Scribble/Dabble, Rapunzel, and the TAF babies, but stupidly never asked my parents how to get them because I was just too little:/ I surely had the points for it. But when Rice crispies came out with baby stocking, I begged mom to buy the cereal to get her lol. You had to buy 2 boxes for each pony and I wanted 2 so they made me finish every last crispy before I could order them. Best day ever getting them in the mail when I was 8:)

I did take full advantage of the G3 mail orders though. I got lucky and got 2 giant frilly plushies before they fixed the shipping price:D I got Dazzle Surprise, Sunshimmer, and Love Wishes too:) I really wish hasbro would do the mail order thing again, but I doubt it. They've said what a huge nightmare it is to do and there were always problems so I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, but couldn't hurt to keep asking:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal