collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Me GR Clawdeen!  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Show Me GR Clawdeen!
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:17:52 AM »
GR Clawdeen is a doll I absolutely loathe. i think she is a hot mess and her outfit is just disco gone gorilla. Whoever thought of that just eh...

However, i have noticed that most if not all of the dolls look fantastic out of the box. So I was wondering whether GR Clawdeen has potential after all. Can she be pretty? You tell me!

Take it as a challenge!

I would also love to hear why people like her. What is it about her that appeals to you?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:51:10 AM by Nana-Rena »

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show Me GR Clawdeen!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »
Saw your post in ther Roller Maze thread so thought I would pop over here to see if anyone had posted any pics yet.  The one thing I like about that GR Clawdeen is that I don't feel like I am missing out by not having her  :lol:.  Right now the only way I can get dolls for myself (and justify it) these days is either them being gifted to me or with what's left of my b-day gift cards so I am having to be very selective about what I get and she simply has not even been a tempation.  I do not really care for the bodysuit type outfit, the fur just makes it worse, and the lilac mohawk thing with the leopard spots on the lilac on the sides of her head just does not seem to work for me at all.  If they wanted to give her a mohawk it might have worked better with a punk style.  I associate Disco with big hair LOL.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »
I agree with you 100 % I am not buying dolls this month, except for sales or trades that I have agreed on. I have seen her twice in a a store and my reaction is always Yuck!

I was hoping that somebody has lovely pics of her that would change my opinion of her, or at least make me think "oh I see why she could be nice."

Iy does seem that most people feel the same way about her as we do though, as these are no pictures yet.

Best,

Anna-Leena

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
I love GR Clawdeen, and would take pics of her for you, but she's in storage(I only display signature dolls)Maybe I'll pulll her out in a bit if no one else posts some pics, but the things I adore about her
-leopard print flocked/buzzed sides
-tight disco pantsuit
-elephant mask

Shes probably one of if not my fave Clawdeen. I like my Clawdeens to NOT have any brown hair, so the diff softer colors(lavendar) make me love her even more. GR Lala is also one of my fave versions of the character as well btw

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »
I love GR lala, she was my very first doll. My fiance bought her for me.

I have been intrigued by GR Clawdeen's flocked hair, because I love Venusses so much, but the outfit just isn't to my taste.

faunabay

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
GR Clawdeen has never been one of my favs either.  I have quite easily passed on her at the stores many times. 

I think I need to stay away from this thread though because I really can't buy anymore dolls right now.   Have got to replace a crown on one of my teeth.......I swallowed it!   :shocked: :haha:

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
GR Clawdeen has never been one of my favs either.  I have quite easily passed on her at the stores many times. 

I think I need to stay away from this thread though because I really can't buy anymore dolls right now.   Have got to replace a crown on one of my teeth.......I swallowed it!   :shocked: :haha:

OMG :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

That sounds pretty awful! I hope you don't have a tooth ache to go with the lost crown.

faunabay

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »

OMG :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

That sounds pretty awful! I hope you don't have a tooth ache to go with the lost crown.
Happily it's not painful.  Just annoying.   >_<   Now I'll have a close to $1000 bill to pay :shocked: just because I swallowed it instead of catching it.  If I'd caught it all they'd have to do was recement it back in place.  Dang it!!  (in my head I'm saying something alot stronger than DANG)    :blush:

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
Blargh! That is a horribly large bill! I bet you are saying all kinds of colourful things in your head right now. I would be too. I can also understand why you can't buy new dolls right now.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »
And once again I am so glad that I live in the UK, where non-elective dental work is never going to cost me anything close to that.

*shudders*

Sucks though.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:28 AM »
I hated her at first, too. But for me, taking off that awful outfit helped a LOT. Now I love her. I LOOOVE her hair and make-up!!
Also, I switched her hands with DotD Clawdeen.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But I love her best in the fashion pack:

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 11:17:06 AM »
That Clawdeen looks fantastic!  I have to agree that once you got rid of the fuhly jumpsuit she looks pretty cool! Wonderful pics Kala!

Shahaila

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
I hated her at first, too. But for me, taking off that awful outfit helped a LOT. Now I love her. I LOOOVE her hair and make-up!!
Also, I switched her hands with DotD Clawdeen.

She looks stunning like this!!!! Now see, if they sold her like that I would have had to have her! .... What outfit is that you have one her? LOL

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
She looks soooo much better out of that tacky jumpsuit!

(pic from here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/46486498@N05/8002814660/)

Personally I'm not a fan of her makeup, but she looks fabulous repainted:

(http://pyxestyxmajik.deviantart.com/art/Clawdeen-GR-Custom-313635243)

And a repaint by RetrogradeWorks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anythingbutstill/8230134433/sizes/z/in/photostream/

I haven't seen GR Clawdeen in person yet as mine is still waiting in the States (until October! :( );  I had to order her though since she's probably the only doll I'll ever see on shelves that has the same hair as me.  Plus, her accessories are really cool.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
She is one fabulous doll and I highly recommend. I removed part of that glitter slash across her forehead.

020 by tuneful87, on Flickr

010 by tuneful87, on Flickr

028 by tuneful87, on Flickr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal