collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any thoughts on the Scary Tales line?  (Read 1082 times)

elonni

• Trade Count: (0)
Any thoughts on the Scary Tales line?
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
I've been contemplating getting a Threaderella Frankie and I was wondering about people's opinions on the Scary Tales line? Any issues (such as bad quality hair or makeup, etc)?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on the Scary Tales line?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »
A few of the threaderellas I have come across are horrible with glue seepage... There was one I saw that looked like someone had seriously taken a glue gun to her forehead... But as long as you find one you are happy with.. Then you should be fine :) I have 2 :)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
I have Clawdeen and Draculaura from that line and I adore them both!  No issues that I know of, but I wasn't as interested in Frankie so I am no help with that one.

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
I have all three and I love all three and I have no problems with mine,  ^.^ they are super cute and I hope they come out with more of them! :satisfied:

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
i have Draculaura, and I love her! I have considered Frankie, I think she is lovely :) but Im no help with knowing if they were having prominent issues

angelfish

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »
I had Clawdeen and sold her, going to drop her off at the mail today.  No issues and her hair was lovely out of the box, no glue, no wonky eyes.  I bought her for her outfit and gave it to Signature Howleen.  The dress is nice but the cape is a bit cheap, edges aren't finished but it looks nice.  I never saw too many issues on Clawdeen or Frankie at the store but I would see a lot of Draculauras with wonky eye and one even had a broken shoe in box.  Other than that they're pretty girls and the theme is cute.  I especially love the little books that come with them, the illustrations are so cute!  And if you're a Heath fan, Clawdeen's book is especially cool.  I say get one.. :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »
My favourite line! :lovey: I have all three and none have any issues that I have noticed. Clawdeen's cape is a bit stiff and cheap though, like angelfish said... it would have been nicer in a softer, drape-y fabric. But she's still amazing. They all have such awesome little themed details, and their storybooks are SO cute!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
I have Clawdeen and two Frankie's from that set. The one Frankie I took out of the box seems to have no issues, and her face up is really nice. I don't know how you feel about box art but be warned it is really neat and what suckered me into getting another Frankie because normally I am not a mint in box keeper, I tried and just can't do it, the urge to play(yes I am 35 and I said play lol) and mess with them overtakes me... Shakes fists at Mattel... Drat you for making such interesting creatures lol. I say go for it she is very worth it as well as Clawdeen.. :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
I have all 3 and I love them to pieces!  Snow Bite is my most favorite Draculaua, no question and Little Dead is one of my Favorite Clawdeens!  I also really love Threaderella's make up.

They are totally worth buying!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
I can't wait to see mine! I am trading for them from somebody on here: They look very cool and creative, like most of the MH dolls.

MissSleepless

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »
This is a really interesting thread, I was just wondering if I should splurge on Clawdeen and Draculaura as they're out of stores here now. And I just might...

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 03:53:55 PM »
I have not always been a big fan of them.  I personally don't like the style of Clawdeen (not a red fan) and really wanted to like Threaderella because she is supposed to be Cinderella.  I just can't get over the grayness of her hair.  I have been seriously considering getting Snow Bite though.  Especially, since I have bought her for someone else, she is really growing on me.  I do notice it is hard to get good quality Snow Bites and even some of the others due to constant lip smearing in the box but they can be found in good quality.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

faunabay

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »
I usually like the clothes that are more day to day but I really love my Scary Tales dolls.  At first I only wanted to buy Clawdeen but then I got Frankie, and of course then had to get Draculaura!!   :shocked: :lol:   So I now have all three and am extremely glad I did it!!   :satisfied:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »
I bought the Clawdeen when they first came out, and the Draculaura was my most recent purchase :) I haven't been tempted by Frankie, yet, though. Good luck :)

Offline kurojaki

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:42 AM »
Scary tales is one of my favorite lines! They look so cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal