collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you wear your hair?

Shaved or bald.
4 (0.7%)
Very short, a buzz or crew cut.
24 (4.2%)
Average length, or with a bob or bowl cut.
82 (14.5%)
Long, down to my shoulders or below.
376 (66.5%)
Specialized (Mohawk, dreadlocks, afro, etc).
18 (3.2%)
So long that I can sit on it (or almost).
61 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 403

Author Topic: A poll about hair.  (Read 8777 times)

Acheron187

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A poll about hair.
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 10:41:18 PM »
A lot of long hair, I'm guessing cause of a mostly female user base?(Pure guess, I know a ton of guys with long hair)

Short and clean for me!

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2013, 10:58:35 PM »
Long. I can easily sit on it, and unfortunately so can everyone else.. >_<
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »
I'm male. Yeah I figured most of the folks here are female and thus hair length would vary greatly. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »
Mines so long I can nearly sit on it. And it's red!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Boots

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »
My hair's just below my ear on one side and dips down to my shoulder on the other with no bangs. I also like to make it black and blue sometimes.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:47 AM »
I've just cut mine again and redyed it, so it's nice and short. Don't know how you folks with long hair cope! I can't stand having long hair, too much maintenance. It's also bright red/pink at the moment :)

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2013, 05:11:18 AM »
Long. I can easily sit on it, and unfortunately so can everyone else.. >_<
Haha!  :lol: I know what you mean :)

Signature by LordBlumiere

flutterwry

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2013, 06:05:36 AM »
Don't know how you folks with long hair cope! I can't stand having long hair, too much maintenance.
This is funny - but I think, this depends a lot on your personal hair structure and volume.
Personally, I feel better with longer hair and need to do less to keep them in a bearable state. My hair is very fine and nearly bone straight. So, whenever I wore it short, I had to spend much longer in the bathroom because I had pull it through the flat iron, try to prevent it from heat damage and concrete it with all kinds of styling products, so it wouldn't be flat again within a few minutes. Every single day. Otherwise I looked awful.
Now, after it's finally grown long enough again to make a ponytail, my hair and me get along better again, and the need for maintenance went down to washing, conditioning and drying, except for formal occasions where I wear it in an updo or make curls, and on bad hair days I make a ponytail and am done.
However, I can imagine that people with very thick and curly hair might get along better with not too much length?

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2013, 06:24:37 AM »
Don't know how you folks with long hair cope! I can't stand having long hair, too much maintenance.
This is funny - but I think, this depends a lot on your personal hair structure and volume.

However, I can imagine that people with very thick and curly hair might get along better with not too much length?

Oh yeah, my hair is very thick and it goes all wavy and horrible when its long and it takes forever to straighten. Also when I have it short I take a LOT of the volume out so that it's easier to manage. When it gets long I have to brush it and it takes ages to wash and dry particularly. And just argh! Haha. I wish I could make it stop growing really.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

spookysage

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
I figure people who play with ponies either learn to manage hair, or are used to having manageable hair so ponies naturally appeal to them :biggrin: My hair weighs itself down by the end of the day (or more likely sooner), tangles in a slight breeze, turns into flyaway city if I have to wash it two days in a row... Basically I have to keep it short, just to keep the darn follicles from staging an uprising!

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
Mine has always been really long, and even now I have the straggly ends of it down to my waist.  Unfortunately, it's thinned out HORRIBLY and nobody can tell me why so I'm going to have to get it cut short.  Even then, I think I'm going to end up wearing a wig as it's getting hard to even cover my scalp now.  I'm only 21, I just don't know why it's happening but it's certainly shattered my confidence. :(

January Joy

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
Mine is down to my chest / mid-back, naturally wavy and I get lots of layers and highlights put in every so often. I also have to have it thinned out because my hair is incredibly thick and starts to resemble a lion's mane after a while. -.-

nollilols

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
I don't consider shoulder length to be long. Mine is about a third to a half of the way down my back, and I'd consider that midlength. Long, in my mind, is hair that's right down to your waist. I've always had hair this length or longer. And it's dyed red-brown.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »
Mine has always been really long, and even now I have the straggly ends of it down to my waist.  Unfortunately, it's thinned out HORRIBLY and nobody can tell me why so I'm going to have to get it cut short.  Even then, I think I'm going to end up wearing a wig as it's getting hard to even cover my scalp now.  I'm only 21, I just don't know why it's happening but it's certainly shattered my confidence. :(

My hair has thinned because my thyroid isn't working. Perhaps have yours checked? (And pray that the doctors actually care.)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

flutterwry

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
I know that feel, sister!
Agreed to Sourdough Stomper. Have your hormones checked, please. This could be something with your thyroid, something with your ovaries... both... something entirely different?
Personally, even though my hair is not thick at all, either (the circumference of my ponytail is a pathetic 2"), I find it easier to work with it being a bit longer.
Regular trimming of the tips help to let it look a bit thicker, because those scraggly ends are removed. Micro trims are a good thing to do (once a month get rid of 0.25"). However, layers are strictly forbidden. They look good only with thicker hair, because the longest layer still needs to have some substance. Thin hair, however, will look like a bad case of grown out mullet with scabies. Or a failed attempt to eat with fork and knife... ;)
And stay away from semi-permanent and permanent dye, as it turns thin hair into a frizzy and brittle mess very, very fast. (That's why I had to chop mine off one and a half years ago.)

Wishing you and your hair to find together again! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal