collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: poses you hate?  (Read 4490 times)

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: poses you hate?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
I used to not like the tootsie pose but a lot of my favourites are in that pose so now I really can't stand the fizzy/galaxy pose. They are such beautiful ponies in a horribly unbalanced pose. Why do they have to stick their front hoof's out like that? It is the equivalent of me standing still with my head lowered and my leg straight out in the air in front of me. Ridiculous! Plus they topple over ; )

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Ack you have a Mimic?! I'm jelly. I love Mimic so much - and on topic, I ADORE her pose. Well, sort of on topic. Isn't Powder also in that pose? I love Powder, I think she matches Snowflake nicely (weird, considering pink red and purple!) and they're both Christmas ponies in my head.

Edit: Powder is not in that pose. Can you tell I've never owned Powder? Anyway, I love the raised head thing they both have going on. Also, very few ponies in Powder's pose, or Mimic's! And both are gorgeous poses!
I think Milky Way is in the Mimic pose as well, she's super pretty  :) Gotta love the TAFs.

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
Hmm, I don't 'hate' any poses, but there are a few that I'm not the biggest fan of! I would have to say all the babies, all the G3.5 ponies, and the G3 core ponies are my least favorites. 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 06:17:21 PM »
I do not hate any poses out there, but there are some that I do not really care for. They might not stand very well or just look kind of funny. But I am not going to name any right now. I did a promise that I was not going to say anything about ponies.  :)

nollilols

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »
I think Milky Way is in the Mimic pose as well, she's super pretty  :) Gotta love the TAFs.

Yup, and I do! :D

Babushka

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
Oh yes, I also remember, I really just can't take to the Quackers pose. She looks...so very not graceful to me. I really can't describe it, but both her legs moving in the same direction just really bothers me for some reason.

Horses do not walk with two legs moving in the same direction. That pose would be better suited for giraffes and deer, which do have that gait.

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »
Dancing Butterflies pose is my absolute favorite pose! I had no idea people disliked it. I also really like the Mimic pose, the Crumpet pose,  and the Moondancer pose. My least favorite poses, however, would have to be the Quackers pose, the Tootsie pose, and the Lofty pose.

Offline PWN-E

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2013, 06:41:33 PM »
That baby Moondancer pose really irritates me because all 4 legs aren't on the ground when they should be. I thought it was just my one being strange but someone posted a picture of their collection with all the babies in that pose lined up and they all have that weird foot problem. Ugh.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 07:27:34 PM »
Tootsie and Baby Firefly poses work a lot better if you pop off their heads and put them straight. *ducks the flying fakies for "violating" her G1's neck seals*

I find all the Precious Pocket Ponies to be kind of awkward, and the Sweet Talkin', though it has more to do with the overall pony size compared to normal adults. 

I dislike the Quackers pose mostly because they're always falling over, poor things.

Horses actually can move with both legs in parallel, but it either has to be trained into them, or an Icelandic horse, they have extra gaits the tölt (which is diagonal, not parallel) and the flying pace, which I believe is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:30:40 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
Another vote for Quackers. No pony makes that pose look good.

My favorite is the Tootsie pose :throw: :P

My favorite's the Tootsie pose too :c
That, and Posey's pose.

Same on the least favorite as well >A<
SOME ponies are ok but none of them are favorites v 3 v;

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »
I don't really like broken neck G1 (Locket), Gingerbread pose or Quackers.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 12:47:13 AM »
As regards G1 poses, the Gingerbread one is the worst. Poor Shady! I quite like her, but why was she made in that chubby blockhead mold? Also, I share your dislike for the Tootsie and Moondancer poses. The bride mold doesn't catch my fancy either. A word about Dream Beauties: the so-called trotting pose looks more like startled to me, with legs spread in all directions. Granted, it's very steady.

Wait... there's Swirly Whirly... the poor pony looks like she's in pain! Alternatively, she reminds me of a peeing ewe. Too bad, since I love scented ponies!

On the other hand, I quite like the Milky Way/Mimic and Quackers poses. The latter suits princesses perfectly, I love how they look all smug. :heart:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »
Quackers is just dancing/ doing some dressage!  :lol:

I really like almost all the poses, really.

The only pose I still can't take to is the Shady/ Sweet Stuff pose. :( To me, that's a male pose (and not a handsome one at that) and they put two of the least masculine characters in it. :huh: A shy pose would have been so much more suited to them.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2013, 01:10:13 AM »
Firefly pose. WHY?! Poor pony with a stumpy leg and a HUGE SQUARE FACE. Well, that's how they look to me.  :P

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2013, 02:19:55 AM »
the Moondancer pose has always bugged me. Her body is too short ad he has a huuuge rump :)

The only G3 pose that bothers me is this one
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The neck is too long and the mouth is a weird shape. I know. Picky picky...

Favorite pose is Brights Brightly! Best pony ever!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal