collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with fashion packs  (Read 768 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Problem with fashion packs
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »
Okay, I'll probably feel pretty silly at the end of this but here goes. I got Opie's deluxe fashion pack and DC Opie to dress in it. Now her hands do not go through the sleeves of the dress. Her fingers are too widely spread out. How do I get her into the dress?

This is the first time I have changed a doll's outfit.

I feel very silly. I mean honestly, who can't get a doll in a dress? :lol:

(edited to fix typo on header)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:37:53 AM by Nana-Rena »

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Problem with fasion packs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:17:10 AM »
A lot of the Monster High clothing is like that... I have trouble with all sorts of their clothing. I just pull their hands or arms off and slide them on that way.

Sounds bad... but the arms/hands can pop right back on

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:17:46 AM »
take her hands off... pull gently and then pop them off... put the outfit on and then pop the hands back on :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
Eek! That sounds scary! Thanks for the advice, I'll try my best not to abuse Opie too badly.

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
Just don't push to hard when you are putting them back in and you'll be fine...  :biggrin:

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
Re: Problem with fashion packs
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 01:40:05 AM »
Ok, thanks mejohnsson! I still feel nervous, my hands are all clammy...  :biggrin: I love DC Opie btw! I just bought her for the fashion pack, because she was cheap, she isn't my favorite Opie by any means, but now, deboxed and almost dressed, I think she is fabulous!

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 07:17:57 AM »
I have 2 sig and 3-4 DC opies... She's one of my faves seeing as she is the daughter of the phantom of the opera  :biggrin:

Btw I have only bent the pegs slightly and I am pretty rough with my dolls sometimes... I have only snapped a hand once... And that was on my daughters doll... So we got a replacement...

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »
If you ever feel like the hands are a bit stubborn in pulling off or popping back on, you can dip them in a cup of hot water first to temporarily expand the plastic a bit. I have some dolls that have tighter connections than others, where I've been afraid of the pegs possibly snapping under too much pressure, and this method always works like a charm.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 08:10:11 AM »
I about had a heart attack with this recently lol.  I bought a nude signature Ghoulia for the dress in her deluxe fashion pack (looks awesome in it by the way)  and even though the rest of her limbs were loose, her hands were really tight.  I got them off ok but had a hell of a time getting them back on.  The left one was especially hard.  I thought I had broken it once as my hand slipped and it really hurt me but her hand was fine.  Since I finally got it back on, I do not plan on changing her clothes lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »
I always remove the arm at the elbow. Somehow that is easier to replace than the tiny little hands. Some of my dolls are notorious for having difficult to replace hands. Anyone from Gloom Beach, Signature Spectra, Rochelle, and sometimes Mad Science Lagoona. They don't really get to wear bracelets unless they're clip on bracelets.

Dolls that have bigger hands are easier to put on and off in my opinion. My Abbeys' hands come off and on easily. Same with Robecca and of course the CAMs since they're meant to be mixed and matched.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:48:25 AM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

elonni

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
I about had a heart attack with this recently lol.  I bought a nude signature Ghoulia for the dress in her deluxe fashion pack (looks awesome in it by the way)  and even though the rest of her limbs were loose, her hands were really tight.  I got them off ok but had a hell of a time getting them back on.  The left one was especially hard.  I thought I had broken it once as my hand slipped and it really hurt me but her hand was fine.  Since I finally got it back on, I do not plan on changing her clothes lol.

I also nearly had a heart attack when I got my first MH doll. I got a Rochelle for Christmas and, as soon as I opened her, my then 21-month-old immediately jumped on me, yelled happily "doll" in Finnish, tried to grab her and ended up pulling out her hand, which went flying to the other side of the room. I then thought she was broken. Later I found the hand and saw that it could be easily put back in place. Relief!

Now I try to keep my dolls in a safe place. :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
I was sweating like no tomorrow when I removed Opie's hand. i tried to get the elbow first, but that was so tight that I chickened out and couldn't get it off. Her wrists were easier to handle and now she's dressed in her fashion pack.

But oh, man it was harrowing. (Now I'm going to sound old). When I was little, you didn't need to pull parts off of dolls to get them dressed, parts fell off when you played with dolls. :lol:

If you ever feel like the hands are a bit stubborn in pulling off or popping back on, you can dip them in a cup of hot water first to temporarily expand the plastic a bit. I have some dolls that have tighter connections than others, where I've been afraid of the pegs possibly snapping under too much pressure, and this method always works like a charm.

This is a really nifty suggestion! Thank you! I'll have to do that to the SS Cleo that I'm going to dress in her Fashion pack. If her joints are difficult.

I also nearly had a heart attack when I got my first MH doll. I got a Rochelle for Christmas and, as soon as I opened her, my then 21-month-old immediately jumped on me, yelled happily "doll" in Finnish, tried to grab her and ended up pulling out her hand, which went flying to the other side of the room. I then thought she was broken. Later I found the hand and saw that it could be easily put back in place. Relief!

Now I try to keep my dolls in a safe place. :)

I am guilty of getting elonni hooked on MH. I regret nothing! :biggrin:

Post Merge: March 23, 2013, 10:18:10 AM

Oh my! That sounds terrible! I mean you thinking you broke her, not that she isn't broken! That's a good thing! I can totally relate to that!

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
I don't pull off hands anymore because they are so tiny and hard to put back into the sockets. SO I take the arm off at the elbow it makes things so much easier.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »
But the elbow joints felt so tight and they didn't seem to budge. I got nervous and didn't use much force, because I was afraid that I would break poor Opie's arm off.

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
The forearms and hands are meant to pop on and off, just like the instructions say. They are easier to pop in and out after a couple of times. I think this is why they're so articulated in the first place, to get the clothes on and off asuch a unique mold.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal