collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42234 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1275 on: April 24, 2013, 12:54:41 AM »
Ooh this is so intriguing! I just spent ages poking around in all three site keyholes :lol: The magical/fantastical feel of them suits me completely. Very excited to see what comes out of this!

(If there's a fairytale-related spinoff I'll just die from glee ok... :freak:)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

elonni

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1276 on: April 24, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
That looked fabulous! I love the idea of a spin-off MH line with fairies and mythical creatures! It would open up so many new possibilities.

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 24, 2013, 03:25:11 AM »
Oh yes a feeric/mystic spin off *-*

It could be so wonderful!!!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1278 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:14 AM »
haha i liked the key holes!

i wonder if this has anything to do with those other high schools that mattel trademarked awhile back?  will be interesting to see where this goes..  even if it isn't a sister doll line, they could use cupid going to  another place as a reason to do just a fantasy themed line within MH  like scaris or GR.  they could also make a special out of this.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 24, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »
Ah, this explains that little teaser in the Gory Gazette last year about a student saying goodbye! I was wondering if that was ever going to happen or not; originally I thought it was going to be Cleo where she was missing from the lineups for a while (she made up for it now, lol)

Mattel loves it's fairies (the ten zillion fairy Barbies and the Disney line) so it doesn't surprise me they would want to take MH in that direction. Heck, on here we've discussed dolls we'd love to see but probably wouldn't as they aren't considered "monsters". I just hope the magic thing doesn't end up being a copy of Bratzillas (ie witch school).

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1280 on: April 24, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »
Anyone else unable to view those websites? I just got a "page cannot be displayed" error for all four of them.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 24, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »
Thanks to flickr, I just discovered that La Dee Da dresses (though a big snug) fit MH. I found this awesome one I want, but it's something like $18 online when Target says that it has it in stores for $9. Hmm...

Yep, I just bought a second one at Target on Sunday. They had all four packs. I already had the pink cherry print dress, so I bought the blue dress with the lime green fur. I was tempted to get the one with the purple plaid skirt & suspenders, but for now, I left it there. I didn't like the other one. I got them for my DC Howleen. They both look adorable on her.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1282 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
Ooh this is so intriguing! I just spent ages poking around in all three site keyholes :lol: The magical/fantastical feel of them suits me completely. Very excited to see what comes out of this!

(If there's a fairytale-related spinoff I'll just die from glee ok... :freak:)

I think I might too. :lol: Apart from MH, I have a small number of Disney and Winx Club dolls. I love MH, but I think I'll enjoy having some dolls that get away from the monster puns. XD

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »
Wasn't there a Mattel copyright a little while back having to do with another high school name?  I'm interested to see where this new line is headed, as long as they look like MH dolls.  I don't want another Barbie, Disney Princess, Bratz, Winx or the like.  Given that Cupid is from Olympus, do you think the new line could be a son/daughter of Greek gods style line?  That would be crazy awesome!!  There's something floating around called "Ever After High", any thoughts?

The links don't show me anything, but it might be because I'm viewing them on my iPad.  For those who can see stuff, what are you seeing?  Can you upload any screen shots?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1284 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
I remain neutral/skeptical about the spinoff. Woo going against the mold!

My main reasons are that we don't have much information, and I am not actually that big a fan of dolls. I adore MH, but it has a lot more to do with the crazy amount of details, massive amount of varying colors, and lack of girlygirlness within the line (there's a reason I only own 3ish draculauras). I also dig just how much time, design work, and energy goes into each release- none of my gals look like clones of each other and I have almost 80 now, because even between releases each character gets a redesign to better suit the line, and more than just their makeup- hair cut, color, and style all get tweaked as well.

This is the only line I've really seen do that with an aesthetic I like, and until we know for sure that this is a true sister line, with all the effort, detail, and hard work in it that MH gets, I am going to remain suscpiciously skeptical. Especially since it may not be faye, or they'll do a bubblegummy 'woo sparkly wings and rainbows' fairy line (nothing wrong with them, but I've read fantasy and fairytales for two decades now and dammit there's way more blood and darkness in actual fairies than glitter), or worse a Witchy school in which case they'd be ripping off Bratzillas who ripped them off and slapped HP on it(not to knock it for those who like it, but the school symbol screams gryffindor so hard, and one outfit pack has an honest to goodness slytherin scarf I swear), at which point their just getting tacky.

I have a lot of asides in this post...

Post Merge: April 24, 2013, 08:47:58 AM

Okay, so I don't have the patience to try and screen blend all the stuff, but I'm pretty sure this is the logo, since it's on all three: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:47:58 AM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

faunabay

« Reply #1285 on: April 24, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
I'm interested to see where this new line is headed, as long as they look like MH dolls.  I don't want another Barbie, Disney Princess, Bratz, Winx or the like. 

Post Merge: April 24, 2013, 09:00:30 AM

I adore MH, but it has a lot more to do with the crazy amount of details, massive amount of varying colors, and lack of girlygirlness within the line (there's a reason I only own 3ish draculauras). I also dig just how much time, design work, and energy goes into each release- none of my gals look like clones of each other and I have almost 80 now, because even between releases each character gets a redesign to better suit the line, and more than just their makeup- hair cut, color, and style all get tweaked as well.

This is the only line I've really seen do that with an aesthetic I like, and until we know for sure that this is a true sister line, with all the effort, detail, and hard work in it that MH gets, I am going to remain suscpiciously skeptical. Especially since it may not be faye, or they'll do a bubblegummy 'woo sparkly wings and rainbows' fairy line (nothing wrong with them, but I've read fantasy and fairytales for two decades now and dammit there's way more blood and darkness in actual fairies than glitter),
All of THIS for me too!!!

And I wouldn't guess you didn't go for the girlygirliness DOOMbunny!!!   :whistle: :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:02:32 AM by faunabay »

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
here are the pics from the page, but they are interactive on the page and when you click the key hole you can look around inside a bit more, but not much.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »
OH MY GHOUL! I just saw these pictures posted on Tumblr! Even if they're not real, they're amazing!

I really hope they are real because I think these boxes are pretty :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 24, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »
You're so good at finding the good stuff Sprinkles!!

Those boxes are really beautiful and I love the art for the whole gang, but especially Twyla!! She's such a cutie!

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #1289 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »
Okay, now I might have to get a Twyla. She's adorable.

She's like Rochelle, except with less pink.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal