collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42390 times)

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #870 on: April 09, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
elonni- if you're referring to the glittery eyeshadow on the doll posted by Maniah, that's a custom. the real thing might not have that much glitter on her eyeshadow so you might not have to do that.

I'm hopping that Catty has a different facemold from the Twins and Catrine.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #871 on: April 09, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
So, has anyone around here gotten the 2.0 PD dolls yet?  I keep seeing them on eBay from places like Florida, Texas and Washington.  I thought people on the Arena would start finding them soon.  Same with GNO, since they were seen in was it Australia/NZ? that they were seen?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #872 on: April 09, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
Nothing by me. PD Abbey and Draculaura are plentiful, but no 2.0 sightings yet... Heck, I haven't even seen Mummy/Gorgon or Ice/Blob CAMs yet.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 09, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
Washington?! Where has that been mentioned?? I have yet to see any of them in WA and I'd love to see them in person to possibly get!! >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:40 PM »
Maybe that's just me being stupid again, but I don't get the people making customs of characters that are already announced to come out at one point for sure.
I mean, hey, they can do whatever they want and I'm a big fan of custom dolls, but it seems like such a waste of time (and another MH doll) to try to create something when you know you can have the original toy standing on your shelf sooner or later.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #875 on: April 09, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
Maybe that's just me being stupid again, but I don't get the people making customs of characters that are already announced to come out at one point for sure.
I mean, hey, they can do whatever they want and I'm a big fan of custom dolls, but it seems like such a waste of time (and another MH doll) to try to create something when you know you can have the original toy standing on your shelf sooner or later.

This was my exact reaction. I mean you can't just wait for the thing to hit shelves? .-.

Melissa

« Reply #876 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
I'm so with you, Zapper. I feel like it just means that someone (and maybe lots of people?) will eventually be disappointed by one or the other.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 09, 2013, 04:29:16 PM »
You're not the only one, I feel that exact same way too about it 100%. >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #878 on: April 09, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
Washington?! Where has that been mentioned?? I have yet to see any of them in WA and I'd love to see them in person to possibly get!! >,<;

I could swear that I saw an auction on eBay with the location listed from WA with the dolls in hand.  Don't quote me though lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 09, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
OMG! Pre-orders for the Abbey and Heath pack and the Cleo and Ghoulia pack up on Big Bad Toy Store!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15310&mode=retail

It has out of box promo pictures for Cleo and Ghoulia too ^.^
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:01:08 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 09, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

My thoughts exactly.. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful custom, but.. come on, September isn't that far away, is it? :/

Ooh, new promo pics! :frolic: -rushes to look at-

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #881 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »

My thoughts exactly.. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful custom, but.. come on, September isn't that far away, is it? :/

Ooh, new promo pics! :frolic: -rushes to look at-

I feel the same way. Why bother? Right? But Im sort of glad they did it, because it lets me see the concept made reality. I can see how the design works on a real doll... And I have to admit, Im not loving it :( I hope that she looks a lot nicer when she is factory made. I can't put my finger on what I dont like.. maybe the glitter? I still like the art for her though. So I guess we will see! :D

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #882 on: April 09, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »
The custom is really throwing me off. I'm hoping it's just because it's only an amateur custom (I think the glitter-heaviness is getting me) and Catty will look better factory made.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #883 on: April 09, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »

http://theukelele.deviantart.com/art/Monster-High-Male-Leg-Shortening-Tutorial-362422493

I found this just now on tumblr, and it has me excited! When I get my hands on a couple Heath dolls, I am totally going to try making him shorter!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:46:06 PM by Maniah »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 09, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/49994c25a81b03924aa2fdbdd94b057b/tumblr_mkh0w8QR6Z1r1tvl5o1_500.jpg

I found this just now on tumblr, and it has me excited! When I get my hands on a couple Heath dolls, I am totally going to try making him shorter!

Thanks for sharing! I would try this with Heath when I get him but I'd be too scared of destroying him >_<
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal