collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42241 times)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #735 on: April 04, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
American buddies... is there anyone who would mind putting in an Amazon order for this poor Canadian? I'm trying to order a doll, but it won't ship to Canada.

Also, it's from a reseller called NavarroOnline. Anyone ever had any problems with them?

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #736 on: April 04, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »
The webisode with Jinafire is up in English :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TF-mY0igqvc
Loved it!!   Great to see Jinafire show up the boys    :P

aroa678

« Reply #737 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »
We have the e-releases up here in the North too. The price is higher than in Spain, darn you Spain and your competitive pricing! I want competitive pricing too! :)

The prices here range from 27 € to 32 €, so it is more expensive than Spain. We also have Draculaura, if any of the German collectors are interested.

I saw sig re-releases for 29,99€ here too. 23,99€ It´s the cheapest I could find and it was a huge surprise, believe me.
I also found a signature Operetta (just one) some weeks ago for 21,99€ but I couldn´t buy her and now she´s sold. Pity...
But those are exceptions; Spain is not very cheap for dolls either.
And shipping is now very expensive too (even shipping within Europe) so, I don´t know if it´s a good deal buying from here. :(

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 04, 2013, 04:43:28 PM »

That webisode was nnnrgh...alright, a little unsettling *Still does not like Jinafire's accent* How can she be the only monster in the family while her "brothers" and "father" are regular humans??? Unless something else happened, but I won't go any further because it is mostly for kids. >,>;

Pretty neat how they kinda made a small reference to the (insert either numbers 5/6/7/10 here) Chinese Brothers into the mix
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 04, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »

That webisode was nnnrgh...alright, a little unsettling *Still does not like Jinafire's accent* How can she be the only monster in the family while her "brothers" and "father" are regular humans??? Unless something else happened, but I won't go any further because it is mostly for kids. >,>;

Pretty neat how they kinda made a small reference to the (insert either numbers 5/6/7/10 here) Chinese Brothers into the mix

At 1:47, the brothers have dragon tails like Jinafire :) But yeah, not liking how normie-looking they are.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

At 1:47, the brothers have dragon tails like Jinafire :) But yeah, not liking how normie-looking they are.

There are many different types of Chinese dragons. There isn't an "ultimate" Chinese dragon, they all have different roles, looks and powers. There are some dragons that are said to take the form of humans, so I guess it was more convinient for the animation to create seven normal-looking characters than seven dragons that looked elaborate like Jin.

I really liked how Jin + her brothers + her dad make them 9 dragons (google "Nine Dragon Wall") :)
I hope we'll see more of Jin and Skelita in the future. I really liked their webisodes and would love to see them in different outfits. Especially Jinafire.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #741 on: April 04, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
I would love to see Skelita in a swimsuit line or anything that shows off that detailed body. I'm REALLY hoping she's not a random one-shot character!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that a lot of the puns that MH is using are pushing it a little? Like how they use quite a few of the words just don't sound right. Like in Scaris, Frankie says, "Fang on a second" and Garrott says, "Let's do this fang." I think oh my ghoul and fangtastic are cute, but many others feel to me like they're pushing it. lol
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
I dunno, I sorta like em, especially "sweet fang" and "fangtastic"....I mean sometimes they do push it ("voltageous"?.... really?)  but the majority of the time I think they're cute...tbh, the weirdest name I think they came up with was the iCoffin  :P

Offline Nana-Rena

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »
I would be all over a signature Jinafire. I adore that character! I have seen one with a red rehair and that was so beautiful. Moar Jinafire plz!

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #745 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »
I would be all over a signature Jinafire. I adore that character! I have seen one with a red rehair and that was so beautiful. Moar Jinafire plz!

I love Jina. Getting a signature Jina would be awesome.

She's absolutely darling.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »
I honestly think her scaris release IS her signature release. :P It has her bio on her packaging, the outfit she comes with is the same outfit shown on the Scaris Special and Webisode, and she comes in a deluxe size box, so she meets my criteria for signature releases:

-Bio on box
-Outfit they're wearing is the outfit that's shown on the webisode/specials
-Big box.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember at the moment. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 05, 2013, 02:53:32 AM »
But Jina doesn't have a pet! I would love to see her with a Qilin or a fu dog or something.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 05, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
But Jina doesn't have a pet! I would love to see her with a Qilin or a fu dog or something.
Yeah, she and Skelita need their pets! to me they are not complete without them! Especiallly since they were both mentioned in their sketchbook journals, Jin's is a Qilin and Skelita's is a Butterfly...

I'm actually working on customs of both of them, but I was hoping Mattel would beat me to it LOL

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 05, 2013, 04:26:07 AM »
I haven't read Jinafire's diary, so I had no idea her pet is a Qilin! How cool is that? If they make the pet, I get what I want! Hehee

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal