collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 41942 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
I have a question. Does anyone else get concerned about the size of their collection, or even embarrassed? I was just thinking because I want about 25 dolls this year.....:drunk:

Nope  :biggrin: ... I plan on getting at least 2 of each character coming out this year  :blush: ... lol.. Sooooo... And last I counted I had over 200 dolls... My husband likes to count them every so often so he can tell people stuff like "my wife has over 200 (insert appropriate curse word) dolls... can you believe that man??" I lol over it... he smokes (outside and NOWHERE near my dolls!!) but hey, thats his thing... mine is dolls..  :biggrin:
Considering the average MH doll price is $20, and you have about 200. That's like $4000 over the course of your time collecting.  Buuuuut, in CA, the average price of cigarettes is $5.71.  Lets estimate your husband smokes a pack every 2 days, that's about $20 a week x 52 weeks = $1040 per year.  Times that by how many years he's been smoking...and well, who is really wasting more money in the long run??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »
I have a question. Does anyone else get concerned about the size of their collection, or even embarrassed? I was just thinking because I want about 25 dolls this year.....:drunk:

I have 6 and I'm actually a little embarrassed with that many. D: I was never a doll-lover as a girl, I had barbies but mostly pretended my jurassic park dinos were eating them.
Although my husband shows my pony collection off to his friends, he's so proud that I got a bunch of the "cool looking ones" before they switched to doing mostly the Mane 6. XD He says he'll show off the dolls too next time, because I made clothes for most of them.

6? Oh hun, I was never into dolls and I have 37.  :lol: You're nowhere near insanity...yet.  :P

bluegeist

« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »

I have 6 and I'm actually a little embarrassed with that many. D: I was never a doll-lover as a girl, I had barbies but mostly pretended my jurassic park dinos were eating them.
Although my husband shows my pony collection off to his friends, he's so proud that I got a bunch of the "cool looking ones" before they switched to doing mostly the Mane 6. XD He says he'll show off the dolls too next time, because I made clothes for most of them.

OMG jennovazombie...I did the same exact thing with my Barbies!  :lol: I had two velociraptors, and I still have one of them. Ah, good times. Wasn't very good for the barbies though  :P Aw your husband showing off your collection, that's cute!
I had a lot of anxiety buying my first MH doll because obviously I wasn't a big doll fan, but now I don't care. MH is too cool for me to feel ashamed of liking, I think...

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »

Nope  :biggrin: ... I plan on getting at least 2 of each character coming out this year  :blush: ... lol.. Sooooo... And last I counted I had over 200 dolls... My husband likes to count them every so often so he can tell people stuff like "my wife has over 200 (insert appropriate curse word) dolls... can you believe that man??" I lol over it... he smokes (outside and NOWHERE near my dolls!!) but hey, thats his thing... mine is dolls..  :biggrin:
Considering the average MH doll price is $20, and you have about 200. That's like $4000 over the course of your time collecting.  Buuuuut, in CA, the average price of cigarettes is $5.71.  Lets estimate your husband smokes a pack every 2 days, that's about $20 a week x 52 weeks = $1040 per year.  Times that by how many years he's been smoking...and well, who is really wasting more money in the long run??

^^^^^^^ THIS.... JUST THIS!!!
I tell him this all the time... he goes through a pack every 1-1/2 days.. (says his job is super stressful)... My mom bought him an e-cig that was supposed to help... he switched back when he couldnt keep buying the "flavor packs" which were $15 for 5 and they contain approximately enough juice for 5-6 packs of cigarettes... sooooooo yea.. he says I am wasteful...

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »
he smokes (outside and NOWHERE near my dolls!!) but hey, thats his thing... mine is dolls..  :biggrin:
whats sad is, his habit is probably MORE expensive than yours, and at least yours doesn't cause you any health problems ;)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
I have to confess I have a doll habit. I counted that this month I have bought 11 or so. half of them from Hong Kong, where they were much cheaper than here and the rest from eBay and here on the arena.

Then today I was cruising on ebay and found dolls again and almost bought them. But I restrained myself. No more dolls except the ones I ahve agreed to trade and buy on here. Then no more dolls for a month after that. My wallet will be happier, even if my doll addiction won't.  :lol:

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »

Awwww that's really sweet! He shows off your collections, and you even made your own doll dolls!!!  :drunk: 

It's nice to hear that your special someone appreciates your hobbies so much! :lovey:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
Hmm, she might be a tiny bit taller than Spectra in the pic, but, she also has big hair, that might create that effect. On the other hand if she's a pop singer she might be older than the other ghouls, so Nefera mold is possible!

Do the clothes of other ghouls fit Nefera, since she has a different mold?
I'm betting she is Nefera's mold, because Spectra's eyes only come up to Catty's nose, so she is noticeably shorter

As much as I would love her to be on the bigger body I wouldn't count on it just because of how she is in the artwork; if that was the case Lala would be the same size as Howleen (that would be wicked cute!)

I always thought they looked about the same height in the artwork and it was only in the webisodes that DL seemed to be noticeably shorter. Of course that doesn't rule out the killer heels possibility.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »

It's something I've been pondering lately. I've been a completist up until now. But I have so many, I don't have room to display them all. And all the fashions, and playsets, and the doubles of dolls from exclusive multi-packs just add to the bulk. It's why I'm slowly going through my collection and selling. Plus, it's not like I can share or enjoy my collection with any of my nearby friends. It's gotten to the point where I feel a little bit like a hoarder. Not that everyone with tons of dolls should feel like that; it's just how I feel about my own collection!

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »

It's something I've been pondering lately. I've been a completist up until now. But I have so many, I don't have room to display them all. And all the fashions, and playsets, and the doubles of dolls from exclusive multi-packs just add to the bulk. It's why I'm slowly going through my collection and selling. Plus, it's not like I can share or enjoy my collection with any of my nearby friends. It's gotten to the point where I feel a little bit like a hoarder. Not that everyone with tons of dolls should feel like that; it's just how I feel about my own collection!

How many are you planning on selling?

Frankie Stein

« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2013, 04:11:37 PM »

Just make sure its ones you wont regret. I've seen some members miss dolls that they have sold and have to buy it again.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
Damn! I thought I'd scored a good loose Scaris Cleo on ebay only to find out the seller was using the same photo for all his auctions. There was no indication in the title or description that the doll in the photo was not the doll up for auction, and when I pointed this out and asked for photos of the actual doll, the seller got all angry because I'd "questioned his honesty" and said he would've sent me photos if I hadn't done so but because I had he didn't want to sell to me. I wish there was some way I could report him for false advertising, but that doesn't seem to be one of the options. *grumble grumble*

On a different note, I noticed the other day that my signature Ghoulia's pink zipper earrings have bigger posts than most of the other dolls' earrings, meaning that if I try to put some other earrings in her ears, they just fall out because the holes are too big. Anyone else notice that with any of their dolls?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »
I really hope she comes out in the UK.

I have to practice my faceups and rehairing in case she does. Love the whole 'black cat' thing. Hate the pink.

So there would be careful, careful redoing of the face and hair to make me like them more (Yellow or green eyes, black and white hair)

If Catty is the Friday the 13th doll (pretty sure she is), then she is coming to the UK according to this thread - she'll be a Tesco exclusive over here :)

Also not sure who asked, but yes Catrine is over here too, I've seen her a few times now. She's an ASDA exclusive :)

Catty looks lovely! I can't wait until she's released ^^
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:25:03 PM by Carrehz »

Frankie Stein

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »
Damn! I thought I'd scored a good loose Scaris Cleo on ebay only to find out the seller was using the same photo for all his auctions. There was no indication in the title or description that the doll in the photo was not the doll up for auction, and when I pointed this out and asked for photos of the actual doll, the seller got all angry because I'd "questioned his honesty" and said he would've sent me photos if I hadn't done so but because I had he didn't want to sell to me. I wish there was some way I could report him for false advertising, but that doesn't seem to be one of the options. *grumble grumble*

On a different note, I noticed the other day that my signature Ghoulia's pink zipper earrings have bigger posts than most of the other dolls' earrings, meaning that if I try to put some other earrings in her ears, they just fall out because the holes are too big. Anyone else notice that with any of their dolls?

questioned his honesty? Lol, how honest is he using the same picture for multiple listings XD

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
GNO looks like it's going to be a fabulous line!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal