collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42041 times)

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »
I had mentioned how frankie's eyes seemed funny to me when he in the box picture first came out. I guess I wasn't crazy and it's eye wonk? I still don't really understand what that term means. Can someone explain please?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
I had mentioned how frankie's eyes seemed funny to me when he in the box picture first came out. I guess I wasn't crazy and it's eye wonk? I still don't really understand what that term means. Can someone explain please?
Wonky eyes are eyes that have been painted on in the wrong place. It's an all too common flaw with these dolls. One eye might be higher than the other, or further to the left or right. Sometimes both eyes are down on their cheeks or up on their eyebrows. Sometimes one eye is noticeably larger than the other.

animal_lover

« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Hmm..so what's the case with this particular Frankie though?

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
I think I like this DT version of Lagoona better.  I kind of think DT1 is a little washed out.  I love the slippers and I like this version of Robecca better than her DC version.   I will be getting all three DTs and PDs I think.  I am still not sure about Operetta.  She was my first but the changes and poorly executed pompadour are making her a little less appealing while Frankie is looking more so.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
I'm digging DT Robecca.  The others are kinda meh (yay for my wallet!)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »
Her right eye looks to be a little too close to her nose compared to her left eye. Her scar is right up under her eye too, which is unusual.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Here's a better picture of her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380108@N03/8575405271/in/photostream/

It looks like her right eye was printed too close to her nose, tilted a smidge, and a TINY bit further down.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Grr I am just so mad right now! So sorta backstory I've never actually bought a MH from TRU before and mostly just got them at Walmart/Superstore. So I went today and was so excited to see the big stock! They even had Scaris Rochelle! I've been looking for her forever and found one with a perfect face-up and was just so happy. So I checked the price and it was $37.99! All the deluxe dolls at Walmart/Superstore are only $25.00! But I just couldn't afford to buy her for that much. I was just so heartbroken as I finally found her after looking forever and still couldn't get her. :( When I mentioned how much cheaper they are at Walmart to the girl stocking them she just shrugged. I still came out with an Operetta fashion pack since it was the same price as Walmart FPs but I realllly wanted Rochelle and it seems every time I got to Walmart they are just wiped clean of MH :( :(

ANyways I just adore the new DT ghouls!! I love the DT line and want to collect them all now!

Post Merge: March 20, 2013, 06:28:30 PM

Here's a better picture of her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380108@N03/8575405271/in/photostream/

It looks like her right eye was printed too close to her nose, tilted a smidge, and a TINY bit further down.

To everyone wondering about Frankie, she looks so much better in this review!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVmLevZhbFM
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:28:30 PM by Lilac-Mint »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »
Yay new DT! :biggrin: I'm a huge DT fan already so no surprise I love these three! Their faceups seem really soft and pretty, and hooray for Robecca's cute accessories, Goona's comfy tshirt/shorts, and flowy ghost nightgown on Spectra, perf. :lovey: And I'm so glad to be able to get a DT Goona since I can't afford the first one XD

I was really excited for these already but now, SUPER KEEN! :nod:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Dorriebelle

« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
Someone post the new DT Ghouls!!

Thanks for sharing that ! I am in love with the Victrola Robecca is holding, and the goggle eye-mask and those slippers are TDF ! Kinda surprised Mattel didn't go with a simple white 'shroud' nightgown for Spectra, but what she's got is cute. And Lagoona is especially adorable, but since I already have the Hydration Station one, probably won't seek this one. Love that layer-look t-shirt ! Still, the DT series has once again 'brought it', and is completely, amazingly awesome !

PS to Lilac-Mint - Grrrl, I know what you mean. How can they even think they can ask nearly forty bucks for a Scaris doll when their own two-doll set is only $30. ? I know I snort when I see their ads - "Why buy toys anywhere else ? Whyyy??!" - and mutter, 'Cause everywhere else is cheaper, ya idjits !

Hope you find her soon - at a decent price. Think you can show them a Mal-wart receipt with the price of other Scaris dolls on it ? They do offer price-matching (or, at least, they did at Christmas).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:00:48 PM by Dorriebelle »

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »
Huh, I usually cannot stand Spectra, but I'm loving that Dead Tired one! Such a cute little nightgown!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
Huh, I usually cannot stand Spectra, but I'm loving that Dead Tired one! Such a cute little nightgown!

Same, it's so frilly and adorable.

I'm loving Robecca's face but wait for the out of box pictures. Those change everything!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
Robecca and Lagoona are a 100% must get!!! Spectra once again looks the same as all her other dolls. She is getting really boring. She and Abbey are notorious for having pretty much the same hair and make up for every doll of theirs which is such a shame. :(
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2013, 07:55:10 PM »
Maybe it's the pink, maybe it's the way the lip is painted on or photographed, but there's something about this spectra I am not digging, but like everyone said, I need to see her in person.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
I'm kind of disappointed Robecca doesn't have the blule in her hair!  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal